“Locked out and disturbed” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Clewiston
London, United Kingdom
“Locked out and disturbed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night and never again. Arrived fairly late and tired phone started ringing at 3am but nobody on the other end. The red light flashing as though message awaiting but front desk say no message and cannot cancel th red light which flashed forthe rest of the night and into the next morning. Went to breakfast and then could not get back into the room because the lock battery had gone flat. Had to wait until lock dismantled and reprogrammed before we could use room and check out. In addition to the above it was generrally tired with a lot of accumulated dust in the corners and desk light would not work. Attention to detail is clearly an issue with housekeeping because all bu the phone call could have been prevented.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

vivian clewisto... p, Manager at BEST WESTERN of Clewiston, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I am very sorry Mrs. Reynolds, but unfortunately you did have a bad experience which usually does not ocurr.... I wish I had an answer to make up for the bad experience, but all I can offer
you is a chance to return and give us a second chance.

I do offer you a 35% discound on a return visit and I promise you will not have all the situations
you already encountered re-occur...

I am sorry and I do hope you return to us

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I know Clewiston is a small town but there has to be better hotels than this best Western. My wife is absolutely disgusted with bugs. And when she stepped on a Huge roach on the bathroom floor at 3 AM she screamed loud enough to wake up the whole hotel. i killed two large spiders and several ants but I dared not to tell my wife. Unfortunately our schedule was so tight that getting back to the hotel and crashing out left no time to look for another hotel. The hotel next-door looked a lot newer but it's hard to say if they have a bug problem too.

• Stayed September 2013
vivian clewisto... p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN of Clewiston, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of running into an insect in the room,
I would like to remind you that we are in the swamp area of Florida and we are
in a very rainy season.

I will make sure we address these issues with our maintenance and have already
contacted our exterminating company.

I hope that we see you in the future and if so will offer you a discounted rate.

General MAnager
Honaker, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Will stay in this hotel every time. What can I say the best is the best. The hotel staff goes to great lengths to make you as comfortable as is reasonable. The pool is nice and well maintained. The Hotel is easy to find and located right next to a major food chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Titusville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My job keeps me on the road constantly and I stay in motels every week. The people at this Best Western are the best! They always go out of their way to help with whatever I need. The rooms are clean and so is the pool. Breakfast is served early enough so construction guys can eat without being in a hurry. Plenty of parking and parking lot is lit up brightly at night............ I will stay there anytime I am working in the area......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived late. I had called ahead to advise them of our late arrival. I was told there was no problem. When we returned home there was a message asking if we were going to arrive since the motel was heavily booked. I have to assume since we didn't return the call and the message was left before my call they assumed we were on the way. A nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was in the area for work and found this Best Western very convenient for me. Very friendly staff and had a great rate for that night. The room was on the 2nd floor, which I prefer and the room was very spacious and CLEAN! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that travels into Clewiston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
vivian clewisto... p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN of Clewiston, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for the review you have posted on
behalf of our property. Our goal is to satisfy your travel needs
and would like to offer our hospitality to you in your future travels.

Thank you and Have a wonderfull day..

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We left the Florida keys mid morning intending to stop at a reasonable time around the south end of Lake Okeechobee. Unfortunately we started up the eastern side of the lake, up route 715 to Pahokee through South Bay and Belle Glade. Dont go looking for a motel in that area - there are none! Didn't find anywhere to stay so doubled back to Clewiston. The sun was setting and it was well after 8 so we failed our quest to stop at a reasonable hour. But the Best Western, Clewiston, was a welcome refuge. Lovely large clean room, dark and quiet, easy to sleep. Lovely welcome from the lovely lady on the desk. Ate at the nearby BBQ joint - not fancy but filling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN of Clewiston? Share your experiences!