“Best ribs I've ever eaten ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
1030 West Sugarland Highway, Clewiston, FL 33440 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
863-983-4171
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Clewiston
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Best ribs I've ever eaten ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

... and I've eaten a great many around the world.

I used to think the best were the jumbo ribs I ate in Santon, Jo'burg, ZA, but Sonny's beat them hands down. SWMBO's Chicken Caeser Salad was one of the best too.

We'd driven from Naples to see the Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest - don't bother, BTW, and then on to see Lake Okaloacoochee - you can't, unless you drive a great many more miles.

Sonny's looked the most inviting of Clewiston's limited restaurant offerings, and by golly, the trucks parked outside were driven by people with a taste for great ribs.

The sampler looked the best bet for a newbie, and it was. The meat fell off the bones. It had great flavour and a melt-in-the-mouth texture.

The place is a tad 'spit-and-sawdust', but you won't be going there for the ambiance ... just the food.

Clewiston's brands itself the "Sweetest town in the USA". Well, Sonny's ribs were the sweetest I've eaten in memory.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
M B, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our ribs. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again in the near future!

Eastham, Massachusetts
“Salad bar is average, BQ pork above average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all. Salad bar is acceptable, not great. The BB pork very good, the BQ beef was dry. Service was efficient and friendly. Atmosphere OK at best.

Visited January 2014
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
98999Mike, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that our salad bar and beef was not up to expectations. Please let us help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your visit, including the location, so that we can address the issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us another chance!
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Unbelievable value..Amazing BBQ.. And you won't leave hungry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I met friends here and at first we weren't sure about eating here after reading some of the reviews. But we were all so happy we did. The service was very friendly, and the food was outstanding. They have an all you can eat section which is a great value. For $13.99 you can get all you can eat ribs, chicken, or pulled pork and all you can eat sides and you can switch it up... My husband and friends husband both got the all you can eat. Both me and my friend got the combo plate and it was huge. This was probably some of the best BBQ we have ever had. The Mac and cheese was awesome. There are not many places to go in Clewiston, but if you are ever in the area stop in and have some awesome BBQ. We were so full and happy when we left.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review, JanaD775! We're so glad to hear that you decided to dine with us and enjoyed our combo platter. We hope to see you and your husband along with your friends again soon!
Miami, Florida, United States
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As we were driving on US 27 we started getting hungry and stopped at Sonny's just off the US27.
I really liked this place, their salad bar was great with lots of veggies and other goodies to add to your plate, I order my salad bar with $2 extra you can add a side of meat a chose chicken breast and piled on the BBQ sauce. It was moist and delicious. The place has many locals stopping by for lunch on Sunday after Church I guess because everybody looked like they were wearing their Sunday best. :0)
The waitress was the sweetest young lady and went out of her way to makes us feel welcome.
We will definitely stop by again when we travel through beautiful US27.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Go eat somewhere else!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bad service and poorly made food. Even when we told them about the poor quality of the food they just shrugged it off and didn't offer to make it right. I'll never go back.

Visited July 2013