“Worth every penny...been twice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billie Swamp Safari

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clewiston
Billie Swamp Safari
You added Billie Swamp Safari to your Saves list
30000 Gator Tail Trail, Clewiston, FL 33440   |
Suffolk
“Worth every penny...been twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Can't understand the bad reviews of this place?.....we first visited several years ago and loved it so much as we saw huge alligators and went on the buggy tour with the best tour guide ever! Can't remember her name now but she was fab!
We then went back to Orlando with friends last year and decided to visit Billy Swamp again and take them there as we loved it....the little huts and the snake show, the huge resident tortoise and the airboat ride is all a great day out......haven't bothered with the other airboat rides nearer Orlando as they all say 'you may see a few small gators'!!, well that's no good!!.....go to Billy Swamp, you will see loads of HUGE ones.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lansdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

1. Our GPS betrayed us by sending us back to Lauderdale from Sawgrass Expressway when we entered "Billie Swamp Safari." Enter the road address for accurate directions. Lucky we recognized the mistake before we went too far.

2. Check website for excellent coupons. Florida residents are free when accompanied by tourist. Showed FL resident ID as well as tax bill and saved $100. We are not permanent residents but are home owning snowbirds.

3. Service a little slow in restaurant but waitresses were working hard. Could use more menus - only one on our table. Server, Lorie, was doing the work of two people.

4. Were told that there was a break in airboat rides for fueling and maintenance but didn't know how many they could take on the last ride. Probably 50 people stood in line only to be told ride would be shutting down. A sign saying, " Only people from this point on can be assured of ride" would have saved frustration.

5. Came back at 3:00 and line was much shorter. However, we stood for an unnecessary 10 minutes while drivers had their cigarettes. Hardly customer service.

6. Had been here 2 years ago and driver was much better. This one stopped in woods, walked to front of boat and asked, "Are the any questions?' Being none, we continued on. Certainly not very informative.

7. Buggy driver was excellent. Not as many animals as previous trip but the time of day may have been a factor as previous trip was about 4:00 when animals may have been more active.

8. Many animal displays were empty, including large gators that had been in gator enclosure. There may be something coming to improve situation as some sort of construction is in progress. A sign telling what is being built would have been informative.

9. Most important hint - SEE HINT #2.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I Had a great time at all of the different attractions and and beautiful scenery at Billies safari although it was a bit overpriced for what I got to see, but when I went to the cafe there I received the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Not only was the place a mess with garbage everywhere, I sat at a dirty table for over half an hour while the waitresses slowly cleaned and chatted with the other employees. I made eye contact with several of them and even tried calling them over. I was completely ignored. Until I finally got the attention of who I later found out was the supervisor to get me a menu. After looking at a menu I again waited. No waiter ever came to my table, the supervisor even had to bring me my food. I work in customer service as well and anyone who blatantly ignores customers would have been fired on the spot. I was greatfull that I received my fries free at that point, but then when I returned back to my family, I found out that they too had been ignored by all the staff in the cafe. Having to ask several times for the meal and not even getting every part of their meal stated on the menu. I will never go there again and I will be writing negative reviews on every website. Worst customer service ever!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were attracted by the Airboat ride but the Safari offers SO much more. First Colin's talk on snakes. He was very entertaining with a wacky sense of humour but imparted some very interesting facts and knowledge. The Airboat ride lived up to expectations, exciting but also very interesting. Masses of wildlife to see, especially birds. Finally, the Swamp Buggy ride with Hans. This is not a thrill seeking ride but a great way to see the wildlife. Hans was very knowledgeable and passionate about the environment and the history of the native Americans. A brilliant tour with a very knowledgeable guide who kept young and old entertained.

Room Tip: Save your trips until the day warms up and the reptiles come out
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hastings on Hudson, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is really lame. We took the "buggie ride" and didn't see much of interest. The rest of the place seems run-down and tired. Half the other exhibits were empty and frankly the only part of the experience I would would speak highly of is the people working there were very nice and tried to make it fun. It's a long ride to get there and in my opinion, not worth it. They really need to invest some money in the place and upgrade the exhibits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clewiston hotels

Downey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Awsome trip, loved loved the buggy ride, it was so much fun. Our tour guy was very knowledge able, the tour is 60 minutes long but was nice enough and gave us an hour an 15 minutes tour.. Awsome guy!!!! Will definitely will come back. On our way home we saw a bob cat, taking care of bussiness. It was such an awsome experience. Love the wild/country scenary....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

…Just got back home to from Billie Swamp Safari yesterday after taking my kid and 11 of her friends (all teenagers) for an overnight stay for my daughters 15th B-day. OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!!! The employees were great, the park is beautiful, and there were wild animals everywhere!!!! Including a large, beautiful red deer and two alligators that just kept trying to get pass the fence line. But don’t worry, safety was never an issue! From the manager to the cleaning staff – everyone was very polite and went out of their way to accommodate us. The Florida Everglades are beautiful and we should never take them for granted. The airboat rides were great, fast and fun. The day and night buggy rides were AWESOME (specially the night buggy ride) and very educational too. The accommodations were perfect. The place is clean and everything is close by from our dorms. I didn’t have to walk a quarter of a mile to use the bathroom or take a shower. The ceremonial fire and the decorations were also very nice and welcoming!
However, the only thing that is NOT FAMILY ORIENTED and sticks out like a sore thumb is THE CASINO!!! That’s right!!! A CASINO inside Billie Swamp Safari…. a shinny, clean air-condition casino next to the restaurant. This is no place for a casino. It should be build outside park grounds. This casino (although small) will bring in the wrong crowd. The kind of crowd I don’t want my family around. If I wanted to gamble I would have taken these kids to Las Vegas or another gambling establishment not the Everglades. I wish they would have used some of the money they spend on setting up the casino on simple maintenance, making additional airboat trails, adding additional tribal colors to the park or having a tour director dress in traditional clothes walking the park educating tourist and just hanging out.

Overall, Billie Swamp Safari is a great place to visit and stay the night. The people that work there care and believe in what they are doing.
William

Room Tip: The dorms for family retreats and birthday parties are worth the cost. STAY THE NIGHT!!!! Take the n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Billie Swamp Safari? Share your experiences!