“Good value? It depends on you.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Clermont

and 1 more site!
You added Value Place Clermont to your Saves list
Value Place Clermont
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16311 State Road 50, Under Construction, Clermont, FL 34711   |
Special Price
$20 off room rate
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Clermont, Florida
“Good value? It depends on you.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

On the positive side: You are never disturbed by housekeeping. But expect to do all daily chores yourself: Making the bed, basic cleaning, tidying up, disposing of the trash … So this is not the usual hotel, motel, resort or vacation place, but it does the job, if you come with the right attitude, meaning: you want it inexpensive and you are ready to do your own housekeeping.

I spent a week in this apartment house, and it definitely worked for me. Apart from the 10 dollars for the cable connection to Internet (no WiFi right now) I did not pay for any additional services. As I am reasonably well organized, I managed to get through on two towels and two face cloths, although I started to disliked the rug asking desperately to be vacuumed at the end of my stay.

Instead of buying a dish pack at the hotel I purchased what I needed at a nearby Target store, including shampoo. The hotel provided just two small bars of hand soap. Definitely no frills! The personnel were always friendly and helpful, though.

In the morning the hotel is a little bit noisy, as many people are getting up for work early, but I had no problems at night.

In summary, there is plenty of value for the low price, but it really depends on what you expect.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at your facility in Clermont Florida. The management and staff of the facility were awesome. They were always quick to respond to questions or needs. The room was neat and clean. I had awesome housekeeping service. I was so pleased with my stay there that I will be seeking to stay at your facilities with great pleasure again as I am in transition of relocating and interviewing with perspective job offer in Clermont area. Even if that doesn’t happen I will always keep “ VALUE PLACE” in mind for the future as well for other future guests, mostly due to the excellent, courteous services everyone provided at your facilities Clermont Florida. Thank you so much – Elizabeth & Staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have had nothing but trouble out of them since we have been there. I found bed bugs and told them about it and they made My 10 month old son, my fiancee and myself leave the same night. Told them I had nowhere to go they didnt care and would not work with us or anything. The staff is rude. They dont clean your room. The halls smell like smoke.They lied and said the room would be fumigated that it would take a week. They did it the next morning. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I will not stay there again. I will tell everyone I know that wants to stay there about the place and not to stay there.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Elizabeth was very helpful with accommodating my fiancée and mine needs for our stay there. She showed professionalism,integrity, and an eagerness to help that was very much appreciated. Thank you Elizabeth for all your help and we will recommend Value Place to any who might be looking for a short term place to stay because of your kindness.

• Stayed December 2012
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Where do I start.....VERY nice, friendly and helpful staff, VERY clean room. We were staying for a week visiting family so we were looking for a place to sleep.....did not need pool, breakfast or any of the other amenities that hotels offer and use to increase prices. After reading everything about the property before arriving I knew what was and was not provided daily and one of the items I made sure to bring was our own coffee pot. Restaurants for most any type of meal are very close. Although I did not have to use it there are laundry facilities on premise. I felt safe staying there and had not one negative issue. After checking out my deposit was refunded promptly back to my card. I felt like a valued guest and I will stay there again. My sincerest thanks for everything, espcially to Gene.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I couldn't have had a better experience at this place. i have stayed at many other Value Place the florida area and this one by far was the nicest in aspect to how friendly and very helpful the staff was. Gene who i first came in contact to when i checked in at night was very nice even though i came in very late but still took the time to get me checked in and I thought it was nice that he still stuck around late at night to answer some of my random questions about where certain things were in the area. I understand that i could have paid less for a different value place but i purposely drove further out of the tourist area to get away from the non florida drivers who have no idea where they are going, also peace of mind being in Clermont knowing im in a safer part of the area with the Lake County sheriff down the street, my car wouldnt be broken into or possibly stolen here.My room is exactly what someone would and should expect from this type of place and for the money.. (its not a 5 star hotel people, so if thats what ur expecting go somewhere else and spend $129-179 PERNIGHT) Elizabeth the Manager there was very helpful along with Will at the desk would always ask if i needed anything. I felt like i wasnt just a tenant but actually an extended part of there family also was recommended a barber shop which i now would recommend to anyone in the area. I would certainly come to this location next time i come down from my area Florida. The staff is for sure what would make me come back. also would tell ppl to come here. well worth the little bit more money youll pay.

Room Tip: If you have any type of medical condition like i do or have trouble with getting backage up stairs o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Liberty Twp
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My roomwas clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I have no issue with this property for the price but one should understand this in not your average inn. This place is no frills. None. This is not a vacation resort. This is not the place you come for an overnight stay. First, understand the area (Clermont) has great schools and safe streets. Clermont is a great place to raise a family away from the carnival craziness that is Kissimmee or the tough streets of Orlando. The cost of a weeks' stay is low and the neighborhood is nice. This Value Place is less of a motel for long term travelers like myself than it is a safe inexpensive shelter for people caught in todays' tough econimic times. It is a place where many who stay at the property stay because they don't have the means to sign a lease and get a full time apartment. In the room next to my room there is a young couple who live in the room.
They have two small children and a third on the way. This couple fights almost nightly and I can hear all the screaming. I had to leave the television on over night and a small fan on to drown out the noise. This couple is not at the Value Place because they are transitioning to Central Florida from someplace else. They are here because they have $200.00. The day they don't have $200.00 they will be out. In my opinion this is not the place for small children but it is better than living in a car. There are a number of teens (all nice, kind, polite and alway respectful) on the grounds. I imagine they live on the property so they can attend the areas' schools. The kids do hang out up front and by the exits but they are no trouble. There are also many guests who line the outer doors to smoke. I think maybe a smoking area other than next to the doors should be designated. If you need a place to stay until you transition into something know this place may work. If you are expecting any of the comforts of home run someplace else and be prepared to pay more.

Room Tip: This is a bare bones no frills place. There is not one single amenity that one would get at another...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont
Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts

Been to Value Place Clermont? Share your experiences!