“Had a great time, will be back for spring break next year!” 4 of 5 stars

Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Summer Bay Boulevard, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Had a great time, will be back for spring break next year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here 6 nights while our son was playing spring college baseball. We had a room with a king bed and pull out couch. It also had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Our room was very clean and the bed comfortable. There were a few minor issue with our room... it was right next to the elevator and you could hear the elevator going up and down all the time, kind of got annoying. Also, we were on the main floor and our room overlooked the pool, which was great, except there were no privacy curtains. We used the clothes hangar that had clips on it to clip the existing curtains shut. The breakfast was good, except there is no variety. Every morning we were there they served eggs and sausage links and then things like muffins, cereal and fruit. It was fine, but mixing it up a little with maybe bacon, or sausage gravy etc would be nice. As for the amenities, this place has it all! Nice pools all over the place, one with like a mini water park, a club house area with a bar and a beach area on the lake. You can pay extra to play on the inflatables or boat or jet ski. There is also a putt putt which is also an extra charge. For free you can shuffle board, play basketball and tennis. The pizza at the club house was good and reasonable price. We also ate at the other restaurant near the back of the resort, food was ok, a bit overpriced. They had karaoke there while we were eating, which was a blast! Our friends stayed at the actual Summer Bay resort and their room was much larger than our hotel room and very nice...it had a kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms, one with a whirlpool tub. The resort and staff are very nice. Everything was very well maintained and clean, I always saw someone out cleaning, emptying the trash etc. I also like the fact that they have gated security, felt very safe here. Overall it was very fun staying here and we will stay here again. May go for the Summer Bay condo next time to get more room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Crown Club Inn for 9 nights. The hotel itself was great. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. They printed our boarding passes for us before we left, gave us a tip on a great and reasonably priced pizza place that was nearby, and were happy to help in any way that we needed. The room was average, but very clean. Housekeeping was great. We even forgot and let money sit out on the dresser and it was untouched. (We've had money stolen at other hotels in the past so I was very pleased by this). The beds were very comfortable and the room was a decent size. My only complaint with the room was that there was no refrigerator or microwave. That would made the room great. And the coffee maker was in the bathroom...which I found to be gross. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to brew my coffee while on the toilet. Anyway, the pool was great. My kids loved it and I loved that it was heated. Most days, it was just me and my family in the pool...it was never crowded. The breakfast was great and saved us a lot of money. It offered eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, cereal, juices, coffee, and more. My BIGGEST complaint was the shuttle. This was one of the main reasons that we stayed at this hotel. We flew down and didn't want to bother renting a car so I wanted to find a hotel that would shuttle us to both Universal and Disney. This hotel offered a free shuttle to both, HOWEVER....the shuttle was awful. First, I didn't realize when I booked that there would be only ONE shuttle to/from the parks. So, if you don't want to leave for Universal at 7 am....too bad. It's your one and only chance to get there. Second, of the 8 days that we used the shuttle, it was late 7 of those days. And not just a few minutes late, 15-20 minutes late every day. So, you rush to get the shuttle at 7 am, only to fall asleep on the bench while waiting for it to show up. Then, the shuttle to Universal, makes several other stops on the way to Universal, which I was not aware of. So, what should be a 30 min trip, ends up being an hour and a half trip! And I'm not exaggerating. And they pack the shuttles FULL. These were not buses with hand bars and hand holds, but they packed people into the aisles, had people sitting at the stairs at the entry of the bus....it was bad. And, it's first come, first serve. So, lets says in the morning, they pick up at Summer Bay, Mystic Dunes, and Comfort Inn. Well, on the way home, they drop off at Summer Bay, Mystic Dunes, and Park Inn. So, maybe there were more people at Park Inn then Comfort Inn and there is now no longer room for everyone. We were told by others that rode the shuttle, that one night, it left people behind at Universal to find there own way home. The shuttle really stressed out our kids (ages 7 and 12). The not knowing when it was going to show up, if there would be enough room for us, fighting the crowd onto the bus due to "first come, first serve", if they would have to stand for an hour and half....so two nights, we ended up just taking a taxi back to the hotel....costing us about $50 each night. Now, this shuttle was not provided by Summer Bay or Crown Club Inn, but rather by Platinum, a company that they contract out with. But, if they are still using Platinum when we plan our next trip, we will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Surprising that a hotel attached to a large time share property did not have small refrigerators in the rooms. Imagine traveling with a young family and having to ice bottles or medications! The room was very clean which I attribute to the staff. However, the shower head was poorly functioning--one of those that changed from hard to scattered with not much in between. And, there were double the amount of lights in the hallway so that there was always a shaft of light coming through the door. The front desk was not very friendly and didn't supply much besides a bill and a key. The amenities I was charged for were not worth paying for--food at the pool bar was cafeteria style. And, the pool bar was a sad shack. If you have kids, there are many playgrounds and water features that would be fun, I got a lounge chair! As I said, I booked it because it was convenient to the location my daughter and her lax team were staying and playing.

Room Tip: Don't know what tip to give.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Crown club inn at summers bay resort was nice. My family of 4, my wife, son (13) & daughter (4)& myself stayed 4nights in a basic double queen bed room & was comfortable-even without a refrigerator or microwave-we were very happy. The complimentary breakfast offered more than we expected & saved us money in the long run. It was so close to Disney & maybe 15 from Universal. Our vacation was beyond explanation and it started being so happy at the Crown club inn.

• Stayed February 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We" won" a 3 night stay here and agreed to do the timeshare presentation as a condition of our free stay. We were told our room would have a fridge and microwave but upon arrival, it had neither. After we inquired, the fridge arrived on day 2 but the microwave never did. The elevator can take a very long time even though the place is only 5 floors. The pool was nice and it was heated. The other pool we visited at Summer Bay was nicer because it was" zero entry" for the kids. The splash pad was SUPER cold (not heated). The grounds are very nice and the units that they show you during the timeshare presentation are beautiful. As has been stated, the timeshare presentation is way more than 90 mins...ours was 3 hours. They really give you the hard sale. All in all, it was worth it because the stay was free and you get a 50 dollar expedia gift card ( which we used to feed our entire family at planet Hollywood) . Just be prepared to say NO many times and be prepared to devote 3 hrs to the presentation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joinville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 days, before a trip to NYC (I´m from Brazil). I chose this hotel by the price and reviews and not for location because I would come back 5 days later and stay in another Hotel closer to Universal Parks.

I booked it at Hotwire for a great price and when I got to the hotel I was surprised by the quality of it. The room was very clean and there are many places nearby to eat and visit. Liked very much and if you want to go to Disney, it´s a good choice. There is a good space for walking inside the resort too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Porto Alegre, RS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was supposed to be an expensive but very good hotel.
Parking is free, staff is polite, but it's really not worth it.

They put us in a room for people with disabilities. The shower was terrible and the mirror was very low, we couldn't see ourselves in the mirror.

The room is big, TV is good, but there is no reason to come here, unless you are coming for the resort in the back which I did not even see/use.

Breakfast is OK.

Bad choice.

Room Tip: Demand a normal room!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Wyndham Cypress Palms
#162 of 332 in Orlando
4.0 of 5 stars 602 reviews
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!