“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Crown Inn. The staff was nice, room was clean, and the pool areas well kept. My son loved the pool area and had a separate water park area for the kids which had a slide and multiple many sprayers. The breakfast was average. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a very enjoyable experience here. The room was nice only thing was the bed was a little hard but we still slept fine. good breakfast and most of all really nice water park for kids my son enjoyed, you get your money worth by just doing that with your children.

• Stayed April 2013
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made a last minute decision to travel from Ohio to Florida over spring break 2013. I was joined by my two children ages 10 and 12 to explore the local theme parks. I allowed my daughter to pick the hotel we stayed in and gave her some basic parameters to follow.

The hotel I read elsewhere is an old Holiday Inn Express. It is now part of a larger development that included some type of development that appeared to be timeshares. As we are not interested in time sure is I did not explore this option.

My biggest issue was the service at the front desk. The general staff had a less then I'm caring attitude. The manager did attempt some service recovery however that was a one time issue otherwise they could care less and I never saw him again.

The rooms were decent and the cleaning was average. There was a large amount of trash left under a stairwell that begin to rot during our stay. After three days of rotting trash it became quite malodorous. As there was only one elevator we used the stairwell regularly and it was not very pleasant.

The grounds around the time shares were well maintained and the main club house was pretty. The pool was free to swim in however everything else was an extra charge. It was not labeled very well on their website however every activity to include miniature golf swimming on the inflatables excetera was quite a nice little extra fee.

The breakfast was free. It included the same items daily which were scrambled eggs some form of sausage link fruit on someone's occasions to include a banana and an orange some bagels muffins orange juice and coffee. Since it was spring break it was rather crowded. This was to be expected. The staff did do a decent job keeping up with the food demands of the crowds.

Overall for the price I thought it was very average. There were numerous areas that could be improved. I would not stay there again as there are many other options in the Orlando / theme park area.

• Stayed April 2013
Homosassa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As Floridians we like to visit Disney several times a year.The Crown Club Inn is in a "not so busy spot" (route 192, Clermont) with many of restaurants and groceries near by. Only 10-15 minutes from main gate of parks. We had a car but there is shuttle service provided.
Our room was spotless with a king bed(very comfy) and a queen sleeper.The breakfast was adequate even with eggs and bacon as well as standard continental items.
There is a guarded entrance as Crown Club is on Summerset Bay Condo property with many ammenities.
We felt is was a great choice for a quick trip during a VERY crowded April

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family loved this hotel. The hotel is within a resort, but you don't pay resort price. The staff was very friendly, we were able to check in early. The hotel itself is remodeling and or room was lovely.

The pools were fun and the one behind the hotel was heated. We didn't know about the water sports, so check that out. Everything was clean, no complaints.

The breakfast was okay. Not bad, but not many choices.

The location was good too. You're a short (I use this term loosely, remember there is city traffic) drive to almost anything. Disney was only 10 minutes away. You can jump on i4 and get almost anywhere in Orlando.

Will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and everything was very nice. Only one elevator that was a little slo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ocean City, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a neat place for families. The price was great. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff was congenial and interested in making each visitor happy. The complimentary, hot breakfast was very good with a wide variety of items which would satisfy everyone in the family.

The hotel is located on a guarded time share resort. There were several pools and snack bars for your convenience. Getting waited on was a bit of a problem at the Tiki Bar, so after a long wait for service, my Wife and I opted to leave the resort and visited one of the many restaurants nearby. There are lots of restaurants, stores, etc., close to the resort.

The area attractions are a short drive away on highways that are usually congested, but worth this inconvenience.

This is one of the best deals for families visiting the area on a budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I researched for months before purchasing a trip to Florida with my family (spouse/2 year old daughter) I booked through Expedia and I was overwhelmed with all the hotels in the area and the constant read of bad posts. At the time of my research this hotel had no bad reviews. I had an amazing experience there. I am reading reviews about errors in check ins and with smoking. I think these problems are caused by the booking agencies and not Crown Club Inn AND they are 100% non smoking hotel so complaints about getting booked into smoking rooms are invalid. I arrived 30 minutes before check in time and I had no where else to go and to manager hurried me into an available room so I didn't have to sit in the lobby for 30 minutes. They have security when you drive in which they stand by (you will feel safe here) and the grounds are well kept. They have heated pools and all that was offered online was available to us during our stay (all pictures are accurate). Staff are VERY friendly and customers come first there, they even step aside when you walk by. For the price you pay you definitely get your money worth. Disney and Sea World are a quick 20-30 minutes away and a Walmart/Target are within a mile. Many shops and restaurants are near by. It's close to all the tourists events but far enough out that it is quiet. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Club Inn? Share your experiences!