“A delightful Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 shopping in Clermont
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Pick your own oranges or take an "eco-tour" of Florida, the way it used to be.
Kissimmee, Florida
“A delightful Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I live just 10 minutes from this place and have wanted to stop by for years now. This afternoon, my stir-crazy toddler and I finally made an afternoon of it. This is truly a taste of genuine old Florida. An adorable family with four boys own and operate the groves/campsite/swamp tours/country store. The two younger boys showed us a wonderful time. They are full of hilarious facts and are the sweetest things. The store offers vintage soda, local honey, local sauces and marmalades on top of gator meat and boiled peanuts. This is not your typical tourist attraction and you will be roughing it a bit in comparison to the theme parks. This is not something you want to miss out on. Check out their website to see what is in season and make a day of picking your own organic citrus. The also rent kayaks for $5 an hour on their lake where you can also fish for free. The website claims that there are Saturday night bonfires and classic Rock/Bluegrass is performed on their small stage. A true taste of REAL Florida.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Great shop - but avoid the swamp trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

They have a giant 4 wheel drive truck out front and advertise swamp tours - avoid.

Up the rickety steps to the bench style seating - comfy enough, but watch for the finger trap where it meets the canopy. Ignore the holes in the floor, and missing dashboard bits, most that remain dont work.
First a drive along the same sand roads I had just driven my car along, slow to a crawl for gates, as the truck barely fits. then into a wooded area, apparently full of hogs (nocturnal) then across a field through a puddle and along a small waterway (beside it not in it)
Tour continues to the same tone, driver wrongly identified local birds and one of the passengers spotted more wildlife than the driver did.
Not that it mattered, only person who could hear the driver was my son right behind him. No PA - there has been but not recently working.
Driver had a box of oranges to feed the cattle with - we saw one staring from the treeline, that was it.
Total for tour - 2 small crocodiles, 1 cow, 1 fox squirrel.
Drivers tips from 20 people $0

Orlando, Florida
“unfortunate.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

For the past 10 years I've wanted to visit the Showcase of Citrus. Every time we would drive past, I would wish that we weren't coming back from the beach so that we could stop.
As Mother's Day is approaching, that is where i asked to go. In the meantime, we had a client who needed 50 orange trees to give away to his clients on Mother's Day. I excitedly called the Showcase of Citrus. Julie was awesome. She told me that I could get trees with flowers and fruit on them. I called my client and he was SUPER excited. Unfortunately, she later called to let me know that those trees that she had quoted me on were unavailable. "Oh well" I thought. I had already called the other citrus grove to tell them that we wouldn't be purchasing from them.
So the next day, I drove the 55 minutes to the Showcase of Citrus. The place was cool! I was excited for our Mother's Day excursion! (I would leave out the fact that I had visited 2 days earlier.)
They directed me back to the greenhouse where I would be able to pick up my orange trees. I drove back there only to find that they only had 2 trees. 2. Not the 50 that I needed, not the 100 that I originally told me they had. 2.
My next step was to eat crow, call the other grove back and see if they would drop what they were doing and prep 50 trees for me. They were awesome! Unfortunately it took me an hour and 45 minutes MORE to get there.
After this terrible experience I will not be back.

Cowansville, Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
“Oranges, Oranges, everywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

When in Florida, you naturally think of oranges. We recently stayed in Orlando and our children wanted to pick them. Luckily we knew about Showcase of Citrus. They offer every type of citrus you can think of (oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruit, etc) Make sure they are in season and you can pick them from the very tree on which they grow. For a great outdoor time with your kids, this is the place. They also carry accessory items at the small store near the groves. An additional feature is the "swamp buggy" tour on a jacked up bus.

WWWG
“The Highlight of a Florida Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

Our Last day in Florida I searched the Internet for pick your own oranges. We always enjoy apple picking in Maine, so orange picking in Florida just seemed right. We found Showcase of Citrus and drove out, we had the best experience. The staff was helpful and informative, cutting many oranges for us to taste the differences between all the oranges in season. As we are used to store bought oranges in New England-there is no comparison to fresh picked oranges in Florida. We were directed where to pick, what was the best types (after tasting of course) and even enjoyed some fresh cooked Alligator tail. It is well worth planning your trip to include a visit to Showcase of Citrus, remember to have some shipped home to enjoy later. Thank you to the staff at Showcase of Citrus for a truely enjoyable afternoon.