“Great Resort, Excellent Location for Disney Visitors” 5 of 5 stars

You added Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts to your Saves list
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Edison, New Jersey
“Great Resort, Excellent Location for Disney Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

Stayed for a week in a 1 bedroom condo. Super clean resort and just 2 miles from Disney locations but around 20 miles away from Universal. Great for families with kids! Their lake is great - got a chance to try jet skiing with my kids. Been wanting to do this in a beach resort but got too intimidated doing this in the ocean so trying this out at Summer Bay's lake was great for a first timer like me. Lots of activities in the clubhouse (We left on July 1 but saw the flyer listing all the nighttime activities for July 4th week and they were a lot...even some fireworks!!!). Theres a pool in the clubhouse and for each building unit.

After a tiring day in the theme parks what a great way to relax in the condo - nice decor, fully equipped kitchen with washer/dryer so no need to bring lots of clothes!!! Our family was so pleased that we don't want to stay in a hotel anymore - condo facilites provides you a home away from home. The 2 TV sets allows kids and parents to watch their own programs - no fighting over what to watch. And the condo is very roomy so you're not like stepping over one another when walking around!

Next door access to supermarket and public library plus chinese and pizza place makes the resort even more convenient!

Housekeeping staff aimed to please - they send over immediately what you ask for then they follow it up with a phone call to make sure you got them - what more can you ask for?

Check in/check out was super quick too - no hassle!!!

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

We probably have one of the upgraded resort which was great because we have 3 tiny kids: 4 yr, 2 yr, and 2 month old. The place was clean and I love the tile floor because I never like carpet floors in hotel rooms. The rooms were spacious and the dining room/ living room were great!

On site there are many facilities for kids. We specifically requested to be close to the club house because th emain pool (heated) and beach is right next to it. But with less than 2 minutes of walk from our unit, there is also a playground. In afct, the old vila and condo section is a lot better than the new one because it is still under construction.

The is a publics and public library just to the right of the resort which is convenient. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

• Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

SummerBay Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
Date : June 2006
My family and I just got back from a wonderful Summerbay/Disney Vacation and I have to say we were very happy with Summerbay Resort. We are just your run of ther mill family ( not rich and not poor) and this was our first time staying at any kind of resort. We have been to Florida in the past but have always stayed at a Disney property hotel so I was very nervous about our choice.
Well to start the check in went fast and they totally mapped out the property for you. We quickly went to our room and loved it. Good size living room, clean small kitchen( who needs a big kitchen your on vacation!!!!!) the master bedroom with bath was a very good size and the second bedroom had twin beds with another bath off the hallway. Very very clean and updated. Every room had a TV which was nice for the kids.
The pool was great with a great bar ( made you feel like you were in the tropics). Just a few yards away was a white sand beach that you could use . We rented a paddleboat to go out on the lake ( $5.50 for a half hour) and they had fishing and jetski's if you wanted to rent. They always had something going on like karaoke, cookouts, tatoos for the kids. It was lots of fun. The drive to Disney was only 10 minutes away and we went at various times of day ( early 7:30 to late 5:00 pm). Never had a problem with traffic. All I can say is if you are considering a vacation here I have nothing but good to say about my whole vacation!!!!!!! Loved Summerbay Resort and Disney!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

I booked my vacation package and tour with Summer Bay Resorts marketing agent "STAY-VIP". I bought an extended vacation package that is to include other destinations including a cruise to the bahamas with a 2 night stay -- all inclusive. When I viewed my confirmation online the day after I purchased the package, I printed everything from confirmation letters to actual screen views of the webpage outlining my "purchase". I booked my 3 nights and 4 days at the Summer Bay Inn or Island Club Resort and Spa (as described in confirmation letters). They put me in a horrible hotel 11 miles away - The Royal Celebration. It was dirty, moldy, and damp. When I tried to get moved the next morning, they told me there were no other accommodations available, but I could pay an upgrade of $75/nt to stay at the Summer Bay Villas. I had no choice but to pay it since I could not stay 2 more nights with my children in the nasty hotel I was at. I toured and almost bought at Summer Bay - I loved it (and still do) but my dealings with them on their vacation package has caused me to hold-off. Since returning home, I have found out that the $398 I paid for my vacation package was merely a DEPOSIT on a total cost (that they won't even disclose) if I actually want to get to the Bahamas. All of the webpage views have changed to say "Transportation not included but offered at additional cost and port charges" after the 7-day cancellation period has expired (so glad I printed everything before it changed including the screen shots)! I am going to have to consult the Florida Real Estate Commission and probably an attorney to get my money back. If you have purchased one of their great 'packages' - get out quick if you're within the 7 days! If not, print everything! And be prepared to pay a lot more than what you were told. By the way...booking line has a 2-5 minute hold time, complaints and other departments have a 49-57 minute hold time.

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

We just got back from a wonderful weekend gataway at Summer Bay. We loved our room - the ammenities and cleaniess of our unit. We were not driven away by hard sell people barking down our neck to go on a "tour". In fact Summer Bay respects the need of a tranquil resort and built the preview center away from the resort itself. We stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas in March and were tripping over the amount of people they herded in there to hard sell them to purcahse a complete rip off timeshare and you were always running into a cigarette smoking salesman. Not at Summer Bay! Beautiful setting - top notch ammenities and a stones throw away from all the attractions. Being a Floridian we have the priveledge of visiting Orlando often. We no longer will serch for a place to stay. We will call and book with Summer Bay. They know what it means to vacation!

• Stayed April 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

We traded our 2 bed room deluxe red week Aruba for a week in Clermont FL at Summer Bay Reort. We had to pay to upgrade to the type of room that we have come to expect as standard in other resorts.A major drawback to me is there is no housekeeping at all during your stay. They do not even chen ge towels and if you need additional toilet paper you must buy it.There is a Publix o property and a Super Walmart one exit up on highway.Another drawback is the extremely agressive and pushy sales people that circle guests after check in in the lobby. We were disappointed to find the water park which is prominently pictured in photographs on thier advertising has not been built yet. The maintanence staff were promt and professional. The problem is how often we needed thier help. We required extermination services,repair broken a/c and repair broken smoke alarm (it kept beeping all night in the kids room). The pool was crowded and it was very smoky near pool bar. There were a lot of activities but most were cheaper elsewhere.We found traffic pretty bad on weekdays but you can go back roads.We would stay again in a pinch but it would not be a first choice. We liked Liki Tiki just next door much more!!

Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

My 16 yr old son, my neighbour and her 2 children, 6 and 10, and myself travelled from Ontario Canada to this resort for our March Break. I booked the resort --, where I got it at a really good price. I was a bit leary as to what type of room we would get, but my fears were ungrounded. We arrived just after 4:00, check-in time, and breezed through the check-in procedure. When we arrived at our condo, we were flabbergasted! It was beautiful--on the 3rd floor overlooking a great pool and pond with water fountain. The pool was beautifully warm, and only 4.5 feet deep, which was perfect for the kids. The condo was beautifully equipped and we didn't lack for anything.

There were many activities throughout the week. We had good intentions of trying some of them, but ended up elsewhere in Orlando, or just enjoying time at the pool. I did read a couple of books from the library (library consists of about 20 books in all, but I found 2 really good ones!!) and I did listen to the live entertainment around the main pool one night, that was really nice.

We had spectacular weather (above average in temp, no rain) which added to the enjoyment. The grounds were beautifully landscaped. I walked every morning for about 40 minutes around the complex and over to the plaza next door (Denny's restaurant and Publix grocery store). it was a great walk and I passed many people. I felt very safe. We shopped mostly at Wal-Mart, on hwy 27 about a 10 min drive to the west of the resort. We ate all our meals at the condo. I especially enjoyed the table and chairs on the balcony. My son and I ate several meals out on the balcony.

I did get a call about attending a "session", in exchange for free tickets to something I didn't want to see, or cash, but I declined. I was not interested in spending my holiday listening to a timeshare pitch. The lady I spoke with was quite polite and didn't push the issue once I said I wasn't interested.

I had 2 complaints. One was the cable TV. We live on a farm in Ontario and we don't have cable or satellite, so I was looking forward to being able to watch TLC or HGTV. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the complex has less than basic cable. We got the network channels and lots of sports and news. The kids enjoyed Animal Planet and the cartoon stuff, but I was disappointed. I didn't go on holiday to watch TV, but in the evenings, it would have been nice to be able to watch something I couldn't get at home.

My other complaint, and the reason I might not return to Orlando was the traffic. Roads are all under construction and there seem to be way more people than the roads can accommodate. I-4 was bumper-to-bumper, as was 197, the road the resort is on. We did venture out numerous times, only to find it took 1.5 hours to get somewhere that I thought would take 30 minutes! Maybe once the roads are finished, it might be better.

We went to Webster to the flea market (a MUST if you like flea markets--there's nothing in Canada as big as Webster!), Homosassa State Park (great bang for the buck), Gatorland (another great time for not much money) and some shopping. We avoided Disney and Universal, although there are shuttles from the resort, and we saw the people at the stop from our balcony. I've done Disney at march Break and I'm not doing it again!

I would definitely recommend this resort for families. There is lots to do, it's beautiful and safe and close to lots of stuff in Orlando.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!