“take it from an owner” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Galesburg, Illinois
“take it from an owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

Avoid them like the plague. I am so mad at myself for letting my wife talk me into buying there. The customer service is horrible, even for owners. Trying to get through to them to resolve issues is next to impossible and when you do, they only do a halfway job of correcting THEIR mistakes and then you have to go through it all over again. It seems like a never-ending battle. If I could sell ours without taking a beating I would!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Finnish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2004

My Wife, Son & I got the holiday from off the internet, & after short thought went for it as it was first holiday for years! All was arranged,through SOHO vacations. For almost 1 year we looked forward to it. We were never told at any time that SOHO had gone under,so arrangements-as far as we knew- were the same! Flew out on the day, full of beans and went to pre-arranged car hire(Paid for through as we thought, SOHO,really Summer Bay) to find ZILCH!! No car had been arranged! We hired one, paying again; and drove to Renaissance Hotel, as per arrangements;ZILCH! Nobody knew of us! So we had no car hired and now nowhere to stay. After several hours of worry and searching we eventually find we are staying at Summer Bay on the 192; somewhere we had never heard of! Relief... We enjoyed ourselves for the ten day stay in spite of feeling very let down by Summer Bay Resorts, the people who took over SOHO Vacations. Then on return to UK, Icheck my internet Bank for a refund of car hire and find that five unauthorised deductions totalling over $800 have gone from my card account. We're still dealing with that!! Holiday? I'll stick with Scotland in future!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2004

I would like to start from the begining. Me, my husband, and our son stayed at Summer Bay Resort 04-08-04 until 04-15-04. When we arrived at the resort we had to get through security at the main gates. i liked that. When we got to the club house to check in there were about 5 people in front of us. And there was plenty of activities to keep our son occupied. We arrived at the first condo room in the front section of the resort. The 2 bedroom condo was nice, but there was no washer and dryer like we were promised. We immediatly called the club house and told them. They had no proplem upgrading our room to the back section of the resort and apologized a million times for the incovience. The new condo was WAY nicer. Tile floors, oversized bath tub, very clean,fully equipted kitchen,....... On Easter Sunday we got stuck at the timeshare seminar. That was the worse part of my vacation. But i knew to expect that. And for the price we paid for our stay at Summer Bay it didn't kill me to listen to the guy. I did learn that if you say you already own one they will not bother you. I just now decied to write my review because we are leaving for Cancune and I did not know about this web sight befor we went to Summer Bay. If I read these reviews befor I went to Summer Bay i probly wouldn't have went. I am glad I didn't read this because I have to say Summer Bay is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2004

i have just read all these reviews,and i am having much the same problems as everybody else. I got a pop up on my laptop saying i had won £1001, so i phoned the number given in which i ended up speaking to a sales rep.I was very unsure of what he was saying to me, i thought it too good to be true, so he put his supervisor on the line. He rattled off all this guff and then promtly said i could get a 16 night holiday to Cancun,great! so after about 30 mins i was ut onto another person this time she wanted my cedit card details. I told her that i didn,t have the funds in my account and she assured me that they wouldn,t take out any money, they just needed to lock me into the system. Two days later a noticed that £300 had been taken out of my account by them,at this moment my credit card company are trying to stop that payment going through,they are going to investigate this matter, i suggest that you should all try this aswell. Ihave tried to phone the customer care number and didn,t get very far one of them told me that i would be called back, but nobody has. They also told me that they could not find my details on their dater base,so i contacted my phone company to find the number i had phoned two days ago,you know the sales pitch! I was answered by a woman who i must admit was very pleasant,she gave me the web address and i looked it up whilst still on the phone to her i entered the code i was given and the details of my trip were there, i have found out that i was not getting the Cancun holiday but just the 5 days 4 nights and the criuse. I also found out that the flights aren,t included. I just hope that my credit card company can do something i wiil keep you posted. I could just kick myself for being so stupid,but in future i will be very careful. You should too.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

Deception Galore!

Absolutely no way of contacting Summer Bay Resort after they fleece you of $98 and $75 on a credit card number which you are forced to give on the phone, as they sound so convincing! Beware of any such scams and please do not fall for it. I am certainly going to take action.

Thanks - at last after much search, I have found a site on which to explain the issue at hand.

north east england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2004

Charley hit us!
whats all the fuss about! Being an RCI owner Summer Bay is arguably as good if not better than other RCI Gold Crown Resorts, such as the Vistana or the Orange Lake.
Plus points - the staff are friendly, resort grounds are in excellent condition, our building was brand new, pool areas very quiet and the inflatables were a hit with the kids.
down side - no restaurant on site, although theres a Dennys on the 192. Pool loungers round the main pool are old but there are a number of pools scattered through the resort so you dont have to go to the main pool. No golf course!!
Would i go there again, sure if they'd build a restaurant as that is all this resort is missing

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

I got a pop up on computer telling me i had won £ 1,101 towards holiday in Florida! Wow. So i called the number and listened for around half an hour to the sales speak, which was very practised and persuasive. The crunch came at the end of the call when i was asked for my credit card details to pay just £ 299 per person (two of us) to guarantee the offer and i would be given 12 months in which to take advantage and book a holiday. I was told that i would have to pay for flights to Orlando from the UK. All information was clear and well put over but when i asked if i could check with my husband before giving card details i was told i had to pay there and then or offer would be withdrawn. Then i asked if i paid and then decided after discussion with my husband that we didnt want it would i get a full refund. I was passed to a "Supervisor" who started to try and convince me again what a great deal it was, but as soon as i asked again about the full refund i was told the legal stuff about if the holiday was not as described then i would be but if we just decided we did not want it then there was no way back - just a swap. When i then said in that case i would leave it i was given very short shrift!!

There is no cooling off period at all which i thought was a legal requirement of selling now - so these people should be shut down straight away.

Then i reviewed the other reviews here and breathed one massive sigh of relief!

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!