“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
SC
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I booked this property in February 2014 for travel August 15-19, 2014, because the property advertised a waterpark for Summer 2014. The only reason this property did not earn 5 stars from me, because they have really not attempted to complete the waterpark they advertised and I guess summer means something else other than June, July, and August at the Summer Bay Resort. After reading so many negative reviews over the past few weeks I began a process of cancelling my reservation, because I was afraid and did not know what to expect. We decided not to cancel and upon arrival we were absolutely pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the condos not the hotel please be clear of that when reading reviews from others. The 1 bedroom condo was much larger than the pictures and we had plenty of room. We were 2 adults with a 3 and 4 year old that slept with us in what they advertise as a queen size bed, but it was a king size bed in the bedroom, and because we had more room than expected I allowed my two younger cousins (10, 9) in the area to stay with us and they slept on the pull out queen bed in the living area. We stayed in building 406 401B and I liked that you had a private door with doorbell to the condo. Our room was ready at 3:30PM and check in was fast. The property was huge and well maintained. We did a tour to get more discounted tickets, but I was able to tell the salesperson no thank you and I was done within 90 minutes. Never saw any bugs, but I live in South Carolina and Palmetto Bugs or what some call cockroaches are typically normal to be outside especially in rainy places. We did see several stray cats, a baby snake by our car one night, and a raccoon at the trash can so I encourage you to be cautious it is Florida may be other wildlife in that area. We used the pool by our condo, a pool by the basketball courts, the main pool at the office, and the waterpark and we all had a great experience. They have two 24 hour pools that was excellent!!! There were many resort activities available that we did not get to utilize but it was great knowing we had options. We asked for more towels they were delivered immediately. The condo was well equipped in the kitchen and it had extra bedding. We only encountered traffic issues getting back to the hotel the last day, but overall I would stay at the property again. The security booth was a nice feature and gave the idea of a safer environment. When making reservations keep in mind there is a hotel on the property and several different types of condos, but you should ask for buildings 4 or 5 as I was told prior to arrival. We did not use the shuttle service. We just drove and paid to park at the theme parks. In the area is a shopping center that has a Publix grocery store, Denny’s restaurant, Papa John’s, and Chinese restaurant.

Room Tip: Building 4 or 5 I was told are the best for upgrades but they are upgrading entire property.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy that we delighted and surprised you and your family during your recent vacation at Summer Bay Orlando.

Due to circumstances surrounding construction permitting, the opening of the outdoor Adventure Park has been re-scheduled for this fall. We regret that plans to open the park this summer did not come to fruition however we do anticipate an announcement of an opening date in the upcoming month and will share it with you and other TripAdvisor readers when available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Finnish first
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Room was ready on time, it was clean & plenty of room for the 3 of us. Our unit had washer/dryer which was great as well as a stocked kitchen. The bathroom was a surprise, big with a huge jacuzzi tub which I loved coming back to each night after walking all day & night at Disney. The wifi is great but cell phone service is in & out at least with AT&T. We needed more towels while we were there & they delivered them within 15 min. The pool, lake & putt putt were great although I do wish there wasn't a charge for the lake activities (it's $12.00 a day). We did the timeshare thing for our great rate during our week stay & it was worth it. No hard sells at all & yes we purchased the marketplace deal which also gave us 5 days 4 nights on our next trip which we plan to do within the year. Literally the only complaint I have was the noisy neighbors upstairs, they came in each night around midnight & their kids were jumping & wrestling around & on our ceiling by 7 am each morning. The other reason is the cost of the lake activities daily, other than that our stay was perfect! We will be back for sure

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback from your recent vacation stay with us at Summer Bay Orlando - we are delighted to hear that your stay was, as you say, 'perfect' and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
North Babylon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our family has stayed at this resort several times--in the vacation homes. The accommodations are extremely comfortable and it is quite enjoyable to have a private pool for the family. The rooms are luxurious and very nice as they were all recently re-decorated. The kitchen is well equipped and the staff is always willing to bring any additional items that are needed. They do have shared pools and bars located in various areas of the resort. Generally a very nice stay. However, they do have a bug problem, which we have run into the last two times we have been there. We have reported it and the manager has indicated that these bugs are indigenous to the area and there is not much that can be done. Fortunately they did send an exterminator which appeared to somewhat control the problem.

Room Tip: Vacation homes are the best--once the bug problem is addressed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent vacation stay at Summer Bay Orlando. Our resort operations team is committed to excellence and takes pride in providing clean, comfortable and spacious accommodations and a lushly landscaped resort filled with amenities and entertainment for our guests to enjoy.

An aggressive pest control program is in place as the Florida climate is conducive to bug encounters. We regret that you experienced an encounter but just as you described, when called to management's attention, isolated situations such as yours are dealt with on-the-spot.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We booked our family vacation through priceline negotiator. It was a last minute trip so we were expecting for all of the rooms to be expensive, but to our surprise we got an excellent rate. We arrived at the resort at the designated check-in time but when we got to the security gate they told me I didn't have reservation. Instead of them contacting Priceline, they left me to figure it out. I called priceline and they informed me that the reservation was in fact there, but to avoid further complications, they would fax over another copy. Priceline did it right away with-in 3minutes actually. But the security guards continued to tell me I did not have a reservation. I waited for over an hour outside in 98 degree before they finally let me in. When I arrived at the check-in desk they told me they don't know why security kept me out there that long, because the reservation had been faxed over multiple times. So for our inconvenience they gave us a $50 food voucher to the bar and grill on the resort. We walked around the resort first and we were very impressed with all of the amenities, there were plenty of activities for the kids as well as family. But when we got to our room...well that's a completely different story. The first thing I did was went to take a shower and I had company...2dead spiders!! The bathroom seemed as if it wasn't cleaned at all, rather restocked. I immediately went to the front desk to check-out because I am allergic to spiders and was overall disgusted! I talked to the front desk supervisor whom was very rude and combative. Instead of trying to hear my problem, insisted on arguing and defending the resort. I asked if I could just have my money back because I refused to stay in a place that is dirty with a rude staff. She told me she couldn't give me my money back because I booked through priceline. She did not offer to switch our room or anything and told me I had to talk to the housekeeping supervisor because she had nothing to do with that because they are all separate. After that we went to the Big Kahuna bar and grill to use our voucher. Again another wait! The bartender told us the food would be about 15minutes and we could go over to either the pool or hot tub which was fine. After about 35 minutes we went over to pick up our food and the bartender told us she already gave it to us. Yet again another combative employee. After about 5minutes she said she would just cook them again for us. I told her I rather just have the money credited back to the room, she refused to do so saying it would only be another 15minutes, which really turned out to 30! I went back to the front desk to inform the supervisor of the terrible service and once again she redirected me to the bar supervisor which wasn't there. feeling completely disrespcted we decided to go stay with our family whom was over at another local resort (mystic dunes) for the night. We came back the next day and decided to just give the resort another try, and what a mistake that was!!! As we were walking to our room we saw a ROACH along the wall. Needless to say we will NEVER stay with Summer Bay again. I have worked in the customer service industry my whole life and have never been apart of or even known a staff like this. I tried to have the issues resolved while I was there, but no one wanted to help. I always read reviews before I stay with a hotel and was fooled by the ones about summerbay. I wouldn't allow anyone I know or care about stay here..not even my dog.
carl8552060@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kingsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a family vacation to Disney World and we stayed at Summer Bay Resort. We had a great time in the resort. Several free activities and kid friendly pools. Will stay there again. They also provided complimentary shuttle to All Disney World Parks and Universal studios. I would only ask for more flexible shuttle times to the resort. We managed to use the Disney shuttles to move from park to park so we could spend more time in parks were the resort shuttle picked-up time was early.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
So glad to hear that you had a great time while vacationing at Summer Bay Orlando recently.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Every thing was clean. The condo was clean 2 bed room deluxe in building 408. The resort is so nice you need to leave a couple of days free in your schedule to enjoy it. Everyone on staff was nice. The pizza place in the club house was very good. The adventure park in the lake was fun. There are pools every where so there not over crowded.

• Stayed August 2014
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
We're delighted that you so enjoyed your recent stay at Summer Bay Orlando! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Our housekeeping team takes pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations for all guests and they will appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness of your accommodations. And you are right! There are amenities and activities aplenty to keep everyone entertained right on-site!

We'll look forward to serving you again in the future.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

A nice place to stay, close to Disney World. We just stayed one night in the Crown Club Inn hotel on the property. Had a double queen bed, quiet corner room on the top floor. Continental breakfast was nice. The only thing that would have been helpful was an extra elevator, they only have one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay at the Crown Club Inn located at Summer Bay Orlando which, as you discovered, is conveniently located to Disney World Resort., just minutes away.

For additional guest convenience, a complimentary scheduled shuttle service runs to both Disney World Resort and Universal Studios daily.

We'll look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!