I booked this property in February 2014 for travel August 15-19, 2014, because the property advertised a waterpark for Summer 2014. The only reason this property did not earn 5 stars from me, because they have really not attempted to complete the waterpark they advertised and I guess summer means something else other than June, July, and August at the Summer Bay Resort. After reading so many negative reviews over the past few weeks I began a process of cancelling my reservation, because I was afraid and did not know what to expect. We decided not to cancel and upon arrival we were absolutely pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the condos not the hotel please be clear of that when reading reviews from others. The 1 bedroom condo was much larger than the pictures and we had plenty of room. We were 2 adults with a 3 and 4 year old that slept with us in what they advertise as a queen size bed, but it was a king size bed in the bedroom, and because we had more room than expected I allowed my two younger cousins (10, 9) in the area to stay with us and they slept on the pull out queen bed in the living area. We stayed in building 406 401B and I liked that you had a private door with doorbell to the condo. Our room was ready at 3:30PM and check in was fast. The property was huge and well maintained. We did a tour to get more discounted tickets, but I was able to tell the salesperson no thank you and I was done within 90 minutes. Never saw any bugs, but I live in South Carolina and Palmetto Bugs or what some call cockroaches are typically normal to be outside especially in rainy places. We did see several stray cats, a baby snake by our car one night, and a raccoon at the trash can so I encourage you to be cautious it is Florida may be other wildlife in that area. We used the pool by our condo, a pool by the basketball courts, the main pool at the office, and the waterpark and we all had a great experience. They have two 24 hour pools that was excellent!!! There were many resort activities available that we did not get to utilize but it was great knowing we had options. We asked for more towels they were delivered immediately. The condo was well equipped in the kitchen and it had extra bedding. We only encountered traffic issues getting back to the hotel the last day, but overall I would stay at the property again. The security booth was a nice feature and gave the idea of a safer environment. When making reservations keep in mind there is a hotel on the property and several different types of condos, but you should ask for buildings 4 or 5 as I was told prior to arrival. We did not use the shuttle service. We just drove and paid to park at the theme parks. In the area is a shopping center that has a Publix grocery store, Denny’s restaurant, Papa John’s, and Chinese restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts