“Not a good experience.” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
New York
“Not a good experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here and had more than one bad experience!! The water park pool was great for the kids but there is no supervision and some parents don't supervise there children which makes it an unpleasant experience!!! Also waited 4 hours in the lobby for our room to be cleaned. Will look for a different place to stay next time.

• Stayed July 2014
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We regret that you enjoyed a less than satisfactory experience at the interactive kid's water playground during your recent vacation with us. As signage at the popular feature indicates - especially during the hot summer weather - children ages 12 and under are required to be accompanied by an adult. It is the responsibility of parents to provide supervision for their children so that all guests can enjoy the refreshing splash zone, climbing features and water slide.

We're sorry to hear that you had an extended wait prior to your check-in. This is NOT typical. For the convenience of all guests, resort check-in is at 4pm. This allows housekeeping and maintenance teams to ghoroughly prepare accommodations for guest occupancy. Guests who arrive to the resort prior to the designated time are invited to relax in the lobby and the surounding pool areas and are notified when reserved accommodations have been inspected for occupancy.

We thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to serve you during your recent stay at Summer Bay Orlando where our team of 500+ dedicated hospitality professionals strive for excellence and to 'do the right thing every day'.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Finnish first
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I just got back from a 3 night stay at Summer Bay. Overall, I was impressed with this property. We chose this place because we wanted a resort to stay at and not leave, so we wanted lots of activities. They have scheduled activities throughout the day and we took advantage of many of them. I will say that this resort is perfect if you have younger children. I wish I had known about it when my kids were younger. However, I was there with my daughter for her senior trip and girls that age can just hang out by a pool and be happy. There are separate pools for different locations throughout the property, which is nice because the 2 main pools can be very busy. The other ones are relatively quiet. The property is large and has a shuttle to take you on call throughout the property, but you can walk from one end to the other in about 15 minutes.
For the price of the property, I expected less quality than I discovered. For the price, which is very reasonable for a condo, I was very impressed with the grounds and the service of the staff. We were there over the 4th of July, and Summer Bay had no problem in handling the sold out situation.
My only complaint is the food. There are not many choices, and as we did not have a car and limited groceries, we had to eat on the property for 3 days. The shuttle will take you to the grocery store, and I recommend that if you plan to stay on site. I think most people buy groceries and/or eat at a Disney property, so for them it is fine to have an occasional meal on the property.
I am planning on staying here again in April, 2015. Overall, very impressed!

Room Tip: If you have little kids and don't mind noise, choose building #1. It is by the water park. It is...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your positive impressions with others who are considering a family vacation to Summer Bay Orlando. Our dedicated team of hospitality professionals delights in the fact that we exceeded your expectations...

Yes, there is something for everyone here at Summer Bay Orlando. Resort amenities include daily activities, 4 heated swimming pools, a Kid's Interactive Water Playground, 18-hole mini golf course, Game Room, Fitness Center, Business Center, a 64 acre spring-fed lake with water sports rentals and beach, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard, horseshoes, volleyball and bocce courts, 2 playgrounds, complimentary WIFI, complimentary daily shuttle throughout the resort and to area theme parks -- all situated on 400 lushly landscaped acres where families can relax and enjoy vacation time without ever leaving the resort!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this resort by way of Spinnaker, and I could not have been more pleased. I stayed in a 2 bedroom and there was too much space, I wish I had bought another couple along. I stayed in in room 206/205, which is right by the check in office, lake and pool. The furniture was a little dated, but there were flat screens in every room and nice sized jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Big balcony with a view of the lake and pool, the room was also very clean. The staff everywhere on the property were very polite. I had to take a timeshare presentation to be comped my room, and I even enjoyed that. They have rental homes for owners that are AMAZING, but I did not buy. Went jet skiing on the lake which was amazing and swam in the salt water pool. Also, went and saw the alligator show they have at Big Kahuna and listened to some of the Karaoke. The only negative I can point out is that I had to get my key cards reset twice during the 4 nights we stayed, but other than that, I have no horror story or anything negative to say about my stay at Summer Bay.

Room Tip: I was told the 2 bedrooms are the best rooms to have. I was next to the check in office, lake and po...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear that you could not have been more pleased! That is truly your highest compliment to our team of dedicated hospitality professionals who strive for our guests' 100% satisfaction.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Summer Bay Orlando in the future. Next time, please do bring your friends!
Malone, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Summer Bay is a decent resort, but if you stay through a marketing firm, they will place you in their marketing rooms which are sorely out of date, cramped, and blandly furnished. The bed was uncomfortable, the pool area was full of smokers (ugh), and the club-house exercise room was very small. Although we were able to stay for a reasonable price, the other features of the resort were very expensive, including a fee to swim in their "lake" and outrageous fees for the sea-doos, $120 per hour, and $5 per person to play mini-golf. When you take the tour of their properties, they show you elegant rooms and then proceed to pitch timeshares at you. Unfortunately, they do not disclose the pricing until the end of their pitch and then have you go through a series of "managers" and when you say NO, their sugar turns to spice right away. My advice-- stay at an upscale hotel, receive better services, better cuisine, and more respect. Based on the sales pitch and the attitude of the sales people when I declined a time-share, I will never give Summer Bay any more of my money!

Room Tip: Avoid marketing rooms such as 104B
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Yes, to provide an introduction to Summer Bay Orlando and the benefits of vacation ownership, promotional rates including a resort presentation are offered from time to time, based on availability. These rates are often available in hotel-like accommodations which provide access to the full resort which features spacious 1, 2, and 3-bedroom villas, condominiums, and houses which tens of thousands of Owners are proud to call their 'home away from home'.
Newport, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked this resort after we read about the great new water park opening June 1st. A little bit of sand, water park, and lake adventure all in one place with no driving the entire week. We spent our first day (June 14) going all over the resort trying to find the water park, only to find out that it had not been started yet. Later we find out they are still waiting on permits. The first set of keys made did not work---ALL 4 Keys. Security was great and came to let us in immediately and even helped carry our groceries in out of the heat. The next set of keys worked---2 of the 4 that is. Then a third set of keys---at least 3 of these 4 worked. At least one of us got our exercise in walking over to the clubhouse to get a key to get back in. We were not close to the main clubhouse you see in the pictures, but each unit has its own pool. But we didn't have to worry about it, because the minute my kids saw that BLACK and GRAY sand and GREEN lake it was all over. Needless to say, my dream of no driving all week was over. We could have went to our Country Club and stayed by the pool just as easily, so we had to find somewhere to go every single day. They did offer to give us some of our money back.....towards the cost of buying a unit there. Seriously, why would I want to even go back there. And if someone is telling you their vacation is the worst they have ever had, don't insult them by offering them a refund but only if they buy your property. At least the security guards are professional!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SummerBayResorts, Manager at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent vacation experience. It is through the feedback shared by our past guests that allows us to continuously improve the resort accommodations, public spaces, and customer service teams for future arriving guests.

The Adventure Park development project announced earlier this year with an opening of summer 2014 remains in development. This is an outdoor Adventure Park which will feature adventure-style challenges including a zip-line, rock climbing tower, bungee jumper, an Eliminator-style competition zone, and a floating dock with bumper boats. It will be adjoined to a kid's interactive water playground which is presently open for guests to enjoy.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room key cards. The front desk team has been notified and is auditing the key card coding process to eliminate future reoccurrences of this nature.

We are glad to hear that the Security team was promptly on hand to assist you on your first night and have passed on your compliments of their professionalism.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This timeshare is adorable, lots of greenery, pastels, own beach in back of main pool, small water park away for kids, right by the supermarket, several stores and 5 minutes to Disney. Everyone was professional and friendly. We took the timeshare preview and were looking for ways to say no to the tour, but we ended with buying a 12 month membership totally worth it. The sales people are not pushy and will give you less than the 90 mins to a great breakfast. We stayed in the 1 bdrm for timeshare tours and that was small but nice and comfy with amenities. We loved everything about this place. The tiki bar, the pool, the peace and beauty. A great place for families, couples and friends. We stayed in one day and enjoyed the tranquility w breakfast on the patio. We went to Downtown Disney and it took us 10 mins. Cleremont is one block from Kissimme. It took us maybe 20 mins to Universal. It is close to much. The new houses are Gorgeous with their own indoor swimming pool, they are dreamy. Although I own at Westgate, I may give it to my grandson so I could buy here. I love the point system better than the week system. I recommend to all, but get the discount from the resort itself, it will be better and tell them to put you in a place you would feel like you would like to buy so they do not put you in the hotel. We cooked nightly and breakfast daily due to the kitchen availability

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for one of the nicer one or two bedroom condos even though the tour ones are nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CONGRATULATIONS on your ownership with Exploria Resorts! Your comments say it all.

Thank you for your candid feedback and genuine remarks. We look forward to providing you with exceptional vacation opportunities in the months to come and invite you to return to Summer Bay Orlando at the very next opportunity your schedule permits.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are looking for a luxury resort, this is not the place. It is not bad, but I would just call it middle of the road. The rooms are average - it appeared fairly nice, but the AC units were noisy, the walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors every word. They kept the visible stuff fairly clean, but the shower heads were all gunked up, there was mold around the underside of the sink, the water pressure was very poor and the breakfast was less than desire able. They had a lot of pools that were fun for the kids, but they were always crowded and there were a LOT of smokers nearby. In the end, we will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback. Summer Bay Orlando is a family-style resort offering relaxing spaces and comfortable and spacious accommodations.

Presently, the 560 one, two, and three bedroom villas and condominiums are under a full renovation which will bring new sparkle to Summer Bay Orlando.

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!