Summer Bay Resort 8/24 to 8/31/2013
Checked in 8/24/13 to Summer Bay Resort at 3:00 PM. Our unit was in building 205 right on the lake and close to the clubhouse. Great location. Close, but not too close to the pool and activity center.
Check in was painless and relatively quick. We declined their offer of 2 tickets to area shows and a $50.00 gift card to do the ‘sales presentation’.
This is an RCI Gold Crown and for the most part, our accommodations were very satisfactory. We enjoyed a two bedroom two bath unit which had a large living room dining room area, large bathrooms and although not brand new, comfortable beds and furnishings and laundry in the room. Living room TV was a nice large flat screen and those in the bedrooms were also good size flat screens. Closet and dresser space was a little limited and could be an issue if you come with your family.
Ours was a ground floor unit and we have a great view of the lake out our patio double sliding glass doors with a little table and chairs on the lanai.
One issue is the lack of insulation or noise dampening in the ceiling to separate us from our upstairs neighbors. There is free Wi-Fi in the rooms, however, for $10.00 you can ‘upgrade’ to higher speed. The free is adequate for email albeit ‘a little slow’ for much else.
There was a mix of free and paid activities throughout the week (most seem geared towards children) and a restaurant on site which offers a fairly good variety of sandwiches, salads, pizza, drinks, soup, and ice cream. There were several pools to choose from and gas grills out back of our unit. All our contact with the activity staff was always pleasant and friendly.
We will definitely consider returning as we had a very enjoyable and relaxing time in a delightful resort. The location (1 mile east of US 27 on US 192) is close to most anything you would want or need. One last caveat, bring your own TP, there is terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts