I requested a second floor room overlooking the lake. I was given bldg 206 room 204A. We went in the room to look it over and at first it looked ok. But the balcony was floor was covered in green mold and the ceiling was loaded with spiders. We arrived late and were promised it would be taken care of. The next morning a crew was power washing and bleaching the balcony. During the night we realized the bathroom sink was clogged and the sink in the kitchen was leaking under cabinets. A light bulb in one of the bathrooms was out. All was fixed promptly. Two days later I was going onto the balcony and the sliding glass door handle fell off and the refrigerator was't getting cold enough. Someone was sent immediately to fix both. I was also told that if the refrigerator didn't get cold after it was clean a new refrigerator would be delivered. The bathrooms needed to be bleached due to the mildew and all cabinets, kitchen and bathrooms needed to be cleaned with Old English. They had food and tooth paste all over them. As an owner I expected a place that is rated Gold Crown to be immaculate. I'm on vacation and don't want to wait around for maintenance and housekeeping to make repairs and clean, this should be done before my arrival. I believe management needs to step up to the plate and review their maintenance and cleaning practices. After a guest checks out and after the room is clean a manager should be going into the rooms with a check list and giving it a complete going over. Do all the lights work? Is the balcony clean? Is the starter kit available? Are there cobwebs on the hanging lap over the table?
As regard to the "validation of your parking pass" what a gimmick. It is just a ploy to get you to go the the "welcome breakfast" where they try to sell you more timeshare. Don't go. Also pull the plugs on your phone so you are not pestered during your vacation by sales people.
The amenities at the resort are plenty. My kids like the miniature golf, even though it was $5 per person per game. The pool by the club house was great and overlooked the lake. This pool is open 24 hours a day and you wouldn't believe the people that swim in the middle of the night. Disney is about 10 minutes away and Publix is around the corner. The sink hole was an interesting sight.
I really would have given a much better rating if the room didn't have so many issues and management kept up on the overseeing of maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts