“A family wedding that exceeded all expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts to your Saves list
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“A family wedding that exceeded all expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My sister was married at the resort and she and my brother stayed there for a week. What a wonderful experience. We had a couple dozen people staying in the hotel, which all guests seemed to enjoy, and my brother and sister stayed in the "condo" homes. They were HUGE and the rooms were amazing with walk-in closets, Roman tubs and separate showers. Everything was clean and wonderful.

More importantly, my sister wanted a very easy-going wedding. It was scenic and well planned/wonderful. It was reasonably priced and fun. It wasn't fancy, but Ashley Sorto with the activities division was amazing. I would trust her with my own wedding! She and her staff was amazing - Johnny on the spot - and so friendly. Everybody had a wonderful time and the grounds were perfect for a casual, low-maintenance wedding.

If we ever return to Clermont, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love this vacation spot close to everything. Staff great property very clean lots of activities for adults and children. My kids like staying at the resort better then Disney World. Lots of things to keep kids busy age 2 and up. Great Great vacation. Great place for small or large families. They have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas. Also actual houses you have everything. Home away from home just luxury vacationing.

• Stayed April 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My niece and I had booked a stay at the Summer Bay Resort in Clermont. The week we were to leave for the resort we found out one of the condo bulidings fell into a sinkhole. I contacted the resort and they were still taking our reservation. We left on our vacation and had a great time at Summer Bay Resort. We had no rental car or transportation. We had tickets to go to Sea World and we purchased transportation to Sea World and this cost $13.00 round trip. We also went to Florida Permium Outlet Mall and the transportation to the mall was $12.00 roud trip. There is free transportation to all the Disney Parks. We were close to the clubhouse in Building 404. We walked throghout the resort, however, they do have free transportation within the resort if you prefer not to walk. They also have free transportation to Denny's Restaurant and Publix Grocery Store for you to obtain groceries for the condo. They have several activities going on each day for you to participate in or you can create your own itinerary. They also have several pools to choose from. Most of the events take place at the Clubhouse pool or the Big Kahuna Pools. We did do several activities at the resort and were pleased. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo and really had a lot of space for the two of us. The condo wwas very clean and we did not experience any roaches or ants as stated in previous reviews. The staff at the resort were all very friendly and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do not have any transportation I would stay in Building 400's or 500's. These are ne...
Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I read some of the negative reviews on here and wondered if these people stayed at the same resort we did. We just returned form a week long stay at a 2 bedroom condo at Summer Bay Resort. It is the first time we have ever stayed here, but have stayed at plenty of other resorts in the area (Orange Lake, Polynesian Isles, Vistana, Kingstown Reef, etc.). Summer Bay was a very good resort. We arrived at 2PM on check-in day...they checked us in, but our room wasn't ready yet (check-in is at 4), so they took our cell phone number and told us they would call when the room was ready. While I expected it would be a long wait, we left and went to get a late lunch around the corner and they called us just as we sat down. All I had to do was go back and pick up the key, The resort staff will have you check-in at the activities desk to "validate" your parking pass, but they are really just trying to schedule you for the timeshare sales breakfast. I politely declined after they gave me their 2-minute explanation of what it was about. They didn't push any further, although the office called once a day during the week (after politely declining again in the first call, we just didn't answer the phone anymore. Anyone who needed to get ahold of us had our cell phone numbers...even the resort, but they never used my cell phone to pester me about the timeshare sales tour).

The 2 bedroom condo unit we had was spacious, clean, up to date, and had a nice view of the lake. Parking was ample and very close to the room. The pool was open 24/7 (unlike many resorts we have stayed at), which was nice if you wanted to go swimming at 1AM after a long day at the parks. The unit was equipped with everything you would need and expect from a resort, including everything you need to prepare your own meals. The location was very good. While it is near the west end of SR-192, it is still just a short 15-20 minute drive to the Disney theme parks and the traffic was much less than I remember it being on SR-192 east of I-4. If you are going to Universal, that is a bit of a drive. It is a little over an hour drive to the beaches (Cocoa Beach on the east coast or St Pete Beach on the Gulf side). There are a ton of dining choices within 1-5 miles of the resort (we didn't dine at the resort, so I can't speak to their offerings). We spent all of our pool time at the main pool by the check-in desk. The pool uses salt water (vice chlorine), so that was a bit of a surprise when we first got in....but it was fine...no chlorine burn or smell, but after several hours in the pool you can feel a bit like you have been pickled! It is still less irritating than chlorine.

The beds were all queen sized in the 2-bedroom condo. Not sure why the master bedroom didn't have a king size (which would have been a plus). It seemed there was enough room for a King. We normally sleep on a top of the line Sleep Number bed, so the bed at the resort was not the most comfortable to us....but, having said that, we found it more comfortable than the average bed.you find at a mid-grade hotel.

The unit had a nice patio (not screened in) off from the living room and master bedroom with a table and 4 chairs. The patio had a nice view of the lake behind the resort. They also had gas grills for your use....probably 20 feet outside of our unit. There was also a nice shaded walkway along the lake that also ran behind our unit.

Finally, our only real complaint was that the family above us had a young child who ran laps around the unit pretty much anytime they were at the resort and would jump up and down off the beds. This was not the resort's fault...and we didn't make an issue of it....but it was definitely an annoyance at times. Having had small children, we understand (to a degree). But you think they would have had the common courtesy to tell their children to calm down a bit out of respect for the people below them. We didn't hear the adults moving around, but that kid with the jumping and running definitely could be heard.

We saw no bugs until the last night there.....when we saw one small palmetto bug on the ceiling of the second bedroom. Having lived 6 years in Florida, this didn't cause us any alarm. We know that even when you spray regularly these little buggers still find their way inside. They are part of the environment in Florida (just like the lizards) I blame my son for leaving some food on his night stand.

Overall, we recommend this place as a very good resort....clean, up to date, pleasant, roomy, and enjoyable.

Room Tip: I recommend a condo with the patio facing the lake....I also recommend an upstairs unit as preferabl...
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived on Monday evening having seen at Newark Airport the news flash of the sink hole that had opened up and the building that collapsed the night before. Thankfully a guest had realised what was happening and no one was injured. Despite this they handled our arrival very professionally and we were allocated the show apartments in Bldg 502. The 2 adjoining apartments were superbly finished with quality furnishings and fully equipped. We had a minor problem with a hot water shower supply and none working door cards which we reported to reception. When no one contacted us that (or the next day) we stopped one of the resort team who quickly had guys in to solve our issues (so thanks to Eddy -Maintenance Supervisor)! The swimming pool near us was very clean and safe and we also had fun on the mini golf. We would certainly recommend this wonderful gated resort for a safe family holiday. Nearby is a mall with a Publix food store and Dennys for breakfast. Well placed on Highway 192 - so easy to get to and an easy 30min ride back down the I4 to all the Disney/Universal resorts. Well done to all the team members at Summer Bay. We loved our holiday

Room Tip: We would choose bldg. 502 as peaceful and with a lovely family pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Pros: Offers a free shuttle to and from DisneyWorld. From what I understand you had to pay to take the shuttle to SeaWorld or Universal Studios. It is a very big resort and you have lots of options on places to stay. There is a free tram that takes you from the resort to a little shopping center where you can buy groceries. That was convenient for us since we decided not to rent a car & had no transportation. The room was very big and overall very clean. There were multiple pools so if one was too crowded you could try for another one.

The Cons: BUGS! We had a cockroach in our room one of the nights. Even though we put up all our groceries in twist-ties and clips we still got TONS of ants all over our counters the first night. That was not pleasant. We also turned on the jacuzzi and bits of dead bugs came out - GROSS! The pool always had a lot of peopel at it - especially kids. Thankfully we were at the back so that pool wasn't as busy, however the pool at the front was AWFUL. I would never have tried to go there. It's also pretty far from DisneyWorld - it took us over an hour to get to/from the park because of traffic & the like.

We stayed at Summer Bay because my boyfriend's family had a time-share that we could use at this location. Since we spent very little time in our room it was tolerable. But the days that we spent at the pool I did not enjoy myself because of the loud, obnoxious crowd that it seemed to draw. Had I actually paid to stay here I would have been much more upset. I would not return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I first must say I was truly disappointed when I arrived... The pictures on the internet where nothing like what I actually seen when I got their.The first issue was the long check in service. then finally after that when i opened the door to the 1 bedroom condo the smell was over barring. It smelt like a musty, old closet. The look was so out dated and old you could tell it hadn't been updated in many years. The couison's on the kitchen chairs had old stains on them, the bathroom shower had mold along the edges, not to say the sheets on the bed had stains and a wrapper from the back of a maxi pad under the sheet. The resort proceeded to show me 3 other condo's, they all had issued and one of them the door didn't close. They finally said they didn't have anything else available. I also want people to know about the misrepresentation that i encountered at this place. The deposit is 150.00 dollars not 100.00, the cleaning fee is 55.50 not 55.00. Oh don't let me forget about the distance to universal from the resort. i was told it was 6.5 miles and that they had a free shuttle to the park.This was far from the truth. The park is about 19 miles from the resort and they don't shuttle to universal.Thank God cleanliness is next to Godliness and that I chose not to stay their because of the nasty condition of the rooms. The building they where trying to place me in was next to the building that fell in the sink whole. I thank God for helping make my decision that day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!