The Pros: Offers a free shuttle to and from DisneyWorld. From what I understand you had to pay to take the shuttle to SeaWorld or Universal Studios. It is a very big resort and you have lots of options on places to stay. There is a free tram that takes you from the resort to a little shopping center where you can buy groceries. That was convenient for us since we decided not to rent a car & had no transportation. The room was very big and overall very clean. There were multiple pools so if one was too crowded you could try for another one.
The Cons: BUGS! We had a cockroach in our room one of the nights. Even though we put up all our groceries in twist-ties and clips we still got TONS of ants all over our counters the first night. That was not pleasant. We also turned on the jacuzzi and bits of dead bugs came out - GROSS! The pool always had a lot of peopel at it - especially kids. Thankfully we were at the back so that pool wasn't as busy, however the pool at the front was AWFUL. I would never have tried to go there. It's also pretty far from DisneyWorld - it took us over an hour to get to/from the park because of traffic & the like.
We stayed at Summer Bay because my boyfriend's family had a time-share that we could use at this location. Since we spent very little time in our room it was tolerable. But the days that we spent at the pool I did not enjoy myself because of the loud, obnoxious crowd that it seemed to draw. Had I actually paid to stay here I would have been much more upset. I would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts