“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am an owner at Summer Bay and absolutely love it! I highly recommend to vacation here! Not sure what all the negative reviews are about because we have stayed there 5 out of the 7 years weve owned. No matter where were allowed to exchange our points we prefer to stay at summer bay! Weve stayed in the hotel, one bedroom condo, two bedroom condo and villa, three bedroom condo and the houses. we take someone new with us every time we go and everyone has loved it! Just like every other time share they try to sell it to you. This is how they stay in business. We've been on numerous time share presentations all over and these people are the least pushy but the most friendly! Every presentation/owners update we went on at summer bay offered a great breakfast, including eggs, sausage, bacon, etc...We have stayed in other places over the years and are proud to be owners at summer bay! They have tons of free activities for kids and adults, the staff is excellent, the space is perfect, and their units are very clean and fully equipped with all the appliances and utensils needed! Disney is less that 30minutes away. Walmart and target are both about 15min drive. We have always gotten what we were promised if not more. And the roaches are palmetto bugs.... Very common. Most likely they were brought in from the beach or pool area. We've never had problems leaving appropriate food out, like any place you should store it properly anyways. As far as what a timeshare resort has to offer this is by far the best, most comfortable, friendly, accommodating resort I've stayed at. And please don't act like the sink hole is by fault of Summer Bay... This was a natural disaster! As an owner in unit 104 I called to see how this affects me. The staff was very informative and handled my call very well! Although my heart goes out to the guests who are affected by this, I commend Summer Bay staff for how they handled the situation and got everyone out and safe!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Finnish first
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this resort from April 7-17, 2013. The entire experience was fantastic! We spent several nights in a 1 bedroom (first floor facing pond and had a patio) condo that was perfect for the 4 of us. We spent the rest of our time in a fabulous 2 bedroom that was HUGE (also 1st floor with a patio facing a pond)!!! The facility was extremely clean and well maintained. There was flowers everywhere and wildlife could be watched outside your patio. Enough cannot be said about the friendly staff who helped with our every request. We took advantage of the pool, restaurant, tennis courts, free crafts and walked the grounds. We did however avoid the "free breakfast or lunch" seminar. We have no interest in wasting or vacation listening to a sales pitch. The staff was friendly when we declined.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom condos near the pool with the bar is the best location!!! Ask for 1st floor to take a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pinellas Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

took us over 4 hours to check in. extremely buggie, paperthin walls. now sinkhole!!!!!!!!!I have read the 2 latest posts and they said it all!!!!! I am handicapped and the room was not handicapped friendly. the beds were so high I couldn't get on it without help. the timeshare tour was a scam too. checkin was a disaster they were not going to give us a room with 2 bedrooms as promised they made us wait over 4 hours. I am handicapped ,my parents are over 80 yrs old. I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. thank god I don't own a unit @ summer Bay. I wish I had read the reviews first but I didn't. the company that schedules the appointment time to do the time share tour , the breakfast was cereal and donuts and juice and coffee. they promised us in writing 2 more days for a mini get away. the minute they realized we had no interest in buying one of there over rated units.i couldn't take the van as they didn't have one that was running. the sales associates were very rude onc they figured out we were not buying any of there sales pitches. I do think on a positive note my son did enjoy his time riding the ski doo's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed three nights in a two bedroom villa. Overall, the villa was clean and offered enough space.
Negatives: The walls are paper thin. We listened to stomping and running above us for three days.
No luggage racks available.
Location was quite a hike from 1-4 and tourist area.
Housekeeping knocking on our door the morning of check out at 9:00 (check out at 10), then she sat on a chair by our door until we left. Nothing like feeling rushed.
The Jacuzzi tub in bathroom is quite high, difficult to get in and out of. A handle/bar would be nice.

Room Tip: Choose the top level if you don't want the noise of people coming thru the ceiling.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is not a 6 miles away from Disney world , bad services , not room services, sales people trying to convince you to buy a time share , pay attention to the reviews real persons with family takes time to write it . Photos from Expedia are not accurate and also say 6.7 miles away.

• Stayed August 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I have stayed at summer resort many,many times and have been owners since 1998. We are actually still on our vacation here but I had time to write this review since I have been up since 4:30 am killing huge roaches. We have been here since 8/6 and have been battling roaches and lizards INSIDE the unit everyday and frogs in the fenced in outdoor pool. I am truly exhausted, all the kids are huddled in one bed since they are traumatized from all of the creepy critters sharing the on site house with us and this is the first time I would love to go home early if the change in flights for 5 people was not so cost prohibitive.

We also attended the "60 minute advertised but 4 hours actual" owners update meeting because they had exciting news to share about the maintenance fee reduction. This of course was never mentioned (although it was the only thing highlighted in pink on the paper we had) but we were shown their "new" resort houses that we could stay in for an additional 9000.00 by being members of the "new" crown club which is their RCI alternative. When I mentioned the condition of the unit to Anthony, the sales guy, he agreed that this was not acceptable and that he would "take care of it". Needless to say, once we turned down the offer to spend even more money with the timeshare organization, that was the end of that.

All in all I am so disappointed and saddened by this trip because my immediate and extended family loved staying at Summer Bay in previous years and we talked it up to everyone we knew. I could not, in good consciousness recommend what once was my favorite resort to anyone and that is a real shame.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here through our RCI membership. The best part of this place
Is we spent so little time there.
Although we arrived early we were offered a quick check in. Not only did this not happen it took an hour after the check in time to get the keys to our room. As soon as we received those we were directed to the consieger to receive our welcome gift which turned out to be the promise of this wonderful breakfast along with tickets to a show if we attended a short 90 minute presentation. What a waste of time. Don't do it ! Not only do they clearly not know the difference between 90 minutes & 5 hours ... I am not interested in buying points for the next 30 years to hope they're enough for a vacation. Total scam. Although we made it clear multiple times we weren't interested & we were starving because the old donuts & cereal was not what we had in mind when they offered breakfast. They continued to try to tell us how much better we'd be off by giving them our money now?
Regarding the resort itself & the time we did spend there. The main pool had sceduled activities and good music but was overcrowded. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The elevator broke twice on us. The consiger was never to be found who said he was there daily. The small pool in the back was that no one seemed to know about was nice but other than that nothing really comes to mind
Won't ever visit this place again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!