Just returned from Summer Bay after a family vacation to Florida. This is not the first time I have stayed at this resort but it will be the last. I picked this resort because we had stayed here before and my children loved it. It had been about 5 years since and it has gone into dis-repair. The first room we were put into was not fit for a dog. The drapes and sheers were torn, carpet stained and smelt terrible. Condo was very small. The entrance way was full of little dead bugs. Kitchen counter-tops were missing pieces of linoleum.
I demanded to be moved and after a little fuss we were. However the manager avoided me when I went to get news keys and the new room assignment. They knew they were wrong. We were moved to the 400's units. Better but still with problems. We just stayed out as much as possible. On the day we were set to leave my daughter went to get a bit of cereal and proceed to vomit as there we ants all inside the box.
These ants are all over and very hard to deal with regardless of how clean we kept the place.
Everything is a separate charge. The WiFi is free but is very slow. You can upgrade for 10.oo a/week. If you need to do anything professional you will have to especially if you are using any smart phones or it will drop a lot. The beach has a nice little area with inflatables that cost 12 dollars per day per user. We skipped this as there was an alligator in the pond with the inflatables. A staff member on a jet ski did kindly shoo him away and we were told; "well this is Florida". And it is but hey "THAT'S MY KID in the water you charge people to go into."
The shuttle service only runs 3 times a day and comes back at 23:15 at the latest. It does not go to Downtown Disney and if you are planning on seeing the fireworks at Epcot or Hollywood Studios please drive because there will be no shuttle to get you back. They leave the parks before these shows even start and a cab will cost you about 37 dollars each way as "Summer Bay is the furthest resort from the park" - taxi company
I went on the timeshare tour to talk with someone about the conditions to try and have the next poor soul saved from going though what we went through. They admitted that were initially put into units that were not to be rented out further as they were do for an upgrade - but we booked through the Armed Forces Vacation Club and were not owners so we should not expect to be put up in the 500 units which were much nicer. It was funny because when we arrived my husband was thanked repeatedly for his service to our country but then given a less than a sub standard room for his efforts. I coul dhave been moved if I was interested in purchasing there.....I was sick.
They gave my 100 in gifts cards. I took them.
We did not move or leave because we, like many people on vacation, had a budget to keep. We were stuck there with the bugs and the Florida wildlife. I read the reviews and hoped for the best. It was a 50/50 shot and we lost. I will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts