We were at the resort with 2 children. The trip of course was for mainly going to Universal Studios. But on the days we were "parked out" we stayed at the resort and our two little ones were happy as can be. Ages 9 and 11.
Our unit was in the older building so some of the problems we had were due to age. But even with the age and decor of the room it was more than adequate. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit which would easily accept 6. The only issue we really had was the washer and dryer. They were so handy to have, but be prepared to leave the unit. We couldn't even hear the TV when we were doing laundry. Wow what a racquet.
The pool area was great for both adults and children alike. The recreation staff had lots of events for the kids and some for adults. Hool-a-hoop contest, pool games, musical chairs and relay style races were just some of the games for the kids. They even had the opportunity to win "prizes". (A piece of candy). But it was great to see the kids and bigger kids, having such a good time.
Food was nearby (pizza) and there was a chance to swim in the "Lake". Those all required extra money. There were 3 activities in the lake, a slide, a trampoline and a climbing device. Also there was a smallllll beach like setting with one shady spot. Get there at the crack of dawn to get the sliver of shade.
Very close by was a huge market. The access to the market is great. You didn't have to go onto the highway to get to it. They had their own side road to access the market. Very convenient!!
The resort was very clean and nicely landscaped. Pleasing to the eye.
I would highly recommend this resort.
Stay away from the timeshare! It does eat up a good part of day and when the final no is accepted you then had to sign out. While waiting to sign out a whole new sales pitch starts. It was very annoying but then we are the ones who volunteered to attend to get our free tickets. It was an interesting concept in selling timeshare, but we are happy with what we own.
Stay confidently at Summer Bay. Very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts