On the road driving back from Summer Bay and just had to write a review for this wonderful resort. Though I'm not too picky I do appreciate a clean and spacious place to stay on vacation and am willing to pay extra for a nice resort. We traded our platinum crown resort in Cabo San Lucas through RCI for Summer Bay so we could enjoy Disney with our family. It was myself, my husband, my mother, my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. I found the units to be HUGE (we stayed in a two bedroom) and the kitchen was spacious with anything we would ever need. washer/dryer in our room was probably the best amenity I could ask for. It is a huge gated community with about five groups of villas with each group having their own pool. we stayed in bldg 408 room 401 and did not have neighbors on either side this week-the whole resort seemed very uncrowded as this is typically the off season for disney. it was a quick 15 min ride to disney and we visited all of the parks over 5 days and hung out at downtown disney for a day as well. we spent most of the evenings at the pool next to big kahuna's bar drinking and eating while the kids swam in the heated pool. The food was okay, nothing spectacular. the bartender (female) was less than enthusiastic and was obviously just there to do her job. Perhaps we were just spoiled by the amazing service we received in disney that when she didn't greet us with a winning smile it was a surprise. I ran a few mornings while i was there (gym doesnt open till 7am so i had to run outside at 6am) and it was a very pleasant property to run around-it was approx 2 miles to run around the whole propery and down to the grocery store (Publix-very close and a great place to stock up on food and pool toys!) and 2 miles back to make a nice 4 mile run. i often saw tons of birds and turtles to make it interesting enough. We did participate in the pool side karaoke on thurs night and that was fun but the rain chased us away around 9pm.
Yes, you do need to pay a fee ($14) if you want your room serviced during your stay but I find that when we rent beach houses in LBI and Va beach so I'm not surprised by this. we actually didnt bother having it cleaned, we took our own trash out daily and washed our own towels in the washer. Do bring your own beach towels, the pool towels are very small. we stopped by Target (about 5 miles from resort) and bought a cheap umbrella stroller for $15 to use for my 5 year old for the week (he normally doesn't use a stroller) as stroller rentals in disney are $15/day for a single and $30/day for a double. must say that was the best $15 ever spent!!!
Overall very happy with this stay. very sad that the "1 in 3 year" rule applies as we would come back next year if we could.
heres a disney tip for those of you with little jedi's-
disney hollywood studios offers a jedi training academy- they have shows approx every 40 mins throughout the day weather permitting. they have about 15 children per show. you MUST get there before the park opens to sign your kids up for this because once all the spots are taken thats it! its in a building right in front of the Star Tours ride (if you go left of the big hat when you enter the park you will see it) a lady will be waving a light saber guiding you in. they will sign you up and assign you a time to return. when you come back they will put your child in a jedi robe and give them light saber and they will battle the real Darth Vader!!! By far the highlight of my son's birthday trip!!!
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Hotel
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.