We've exchanged our time share for 3 different places so far and this was by far the worst.
The unit was really small. We usually stay in a 2BR, but only a 1BR w/pull out couch was available so we opted to try it for our family of 4 (my wife, 2 young boys, and me). It never felt comfortable because we felt we were always cramped. There wasn't a place we could all sit & eat. We usually buy food in the beginning of the week so we can enjoy a few "home-cooked" meals (and save money), but after cooking breakfast one day we realized the kitchen was really inadequate and decided that we wouldn't be cooking again. The appliances are really outdated...the largest cooktop burner didn't operate. The shower valve was inoperable by anyone in my family except me (I had to turn it off and back on every time someone wanted the water temperature even slightly adjusted). There was what appeared to be mouse feces on a clean plate in the cabinet. Someone spilled something sticky down the steps from our unit before we got there and we had to walk around it for half of the week until they finally cleaned it.
Their services are subpar as well. They won't clean your room unless you pay a fee (I believe it was $14 for a "quick clean"). They won't exchange your towels unless you pay a fee (I believe it was $5). You can't use the trampolines, etc. at the lake unless you pay a fee (I believe it was $12 pp).
The staff seemed pleasant. They only called once on the first day (that I know of) to try to sell us a time share. I was actually hoping they called again towards the end of the week so that I could tell them why we wouldn't buy there.
The proximity to Disney parks is not nearly as convenient as hotels on I-drive. We had to sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic every morning on Rte 192 to get to any of the parks...we left early yet didn't make a single park opening.
We would definitely not stay at this resort again. It did not at all meet our expectations, and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. When traveling to Disney, we always look forward to spending a few days at our resort to relax (and recover). But the accomodations, the discomfort of our room, and the extra fees at this resort made us spend our days "off" from the parks elsewhere (Disneyquest, minigolf, etc.). This was just a place to sleep, and even that wasn't done comfortably.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts