We stayed at this location during spring break. It is a time-share location so we were invited to a presentation. We were called three times a day starting early in the morning until we strongly declined the presentation. This was annoying because we already have a time-share.
They have four pools. Two are larger and two are smaller. There were never enough lounge chairs for everyone at any of the pools. It's not very relaxing to have to drop your belongings on the cement around the pool and sit and wait for someone to leave so you can have a chance at getting their chair. Meanwhile, several other sets of people are waiting for the exact same thing. The booth at the pool offering tattoos and fancy braids was so disorganized that parents were frustrated and fighting over who was next. My daughter waited for two days to have a braid with beads done but loved it when it was finally completed.
This facility also has tennis courts and a mini golf course.
The resort offered activities for families at different times during the day. We had fun at the ones we attended.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The free wifi signal was only strong enough to get online while sitting by the main pool or in the activity room near the business center. The rest of the time it was spotty and frustrating. (They do offer upgraded wifi for a fee.) Although the kids had just as much right to sign up to use the business center, it was always full of kids and teens and was not very available for actual business use.
The rooms looked repainted. Basic necessities were provided including the usual basic kitchen equipment but the pans and utensils were so cheap (cheaper than what we use for camping ) it was hard to cook with them. I highly recommend that you bring your own frying pan and flipper. Also, the walls and ceilings are very thin. We could hear the woman across the hall talk on the phone and the people upstairs walking every time they were around. The window coverings did not keep the outside light from shining into our bedrooms so we had to hang towels to cut out some of the light.
We probably would not stay here again because it was definitely the least relaxing and restful experience we've had compared to other places we've stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts