From other review and from our current experience staying here, this is clearly a hit or miss kind of place. We rolled the dice. We are RCI members who used points to stay here. It looks wonderful from the pictures. The unit is nice and we are on a 3rd floor end unit in Bldg 105 and were thrilled about that. Our experience so far: After we were checked in, we drove to the unit using a great map but, because nothing is marked, we walked around for 20 minutes asking for where the unit was. Once we found it, the unit was still not ready for 60 more minutes. We kept busy til 5:30. The facilities are well maintained and where we are is quiet at night. If you are on the other side of the building and have small children, it is great as there is a kid's play area. If you don't, you will want to ask about where to be placed as it is active. Here is our challenge which represents the lack of take charge attitude if there is a problem: We came home from the parks on Monday and pressure washing was going on in the next building. It was ongoing from 3:30 to 6:30 and extremely loud. We called at 6:30 to see when they would wrap up. We were told that they could not tell us. Folks below us have infants and everyone was upset. I still have yet to receive a phone call back (other than an ill timed sales associate trying to do her job and get us to a preso) so we went over and asked the workers in Spanish when they would finish. Had we been told that they were to finish at a decent hour, we would have been fine. Instead, the operator and workers ignored us. So far, we rate this experience as marginal, at best, due to the lack of ability to take charge and provide answers, including at check in. The place is virtually empty so it was unnecessary to place several guests right next to the building being renovated and all could have had their needs met, including the resort. Poor form so far all the way around.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Summer Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.