“Great place to stay in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars

You added Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts to your Saves list
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina
“Great place to stay in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Beautiful resort, friendly staff, first class accomodations and plenty of outside heated saltwater pools and exceptionally large hot tubs. What a beautiful place. A trivial point is that the pool towels are small. Overall it was a wonderful experience that we would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
Bullard, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week in a one bedroom with full kitchen. The resort was very nice but lacked Wi-Fi in the units. Before I made the reservation, I asked if there was Wi-Fi and was told that there was. If you wanted to use the Internet you had to go down to the club house. The computers were .20/minute and the printer was .75/copy. Very inconvenient.

The television service had no program guide either on the TV or a listing. We enjoy TV and could not see what was playing without manually viewing each channel. There was no way to plan favorite programs.

Room Tip: Plan on not having access to the internet unless you bring your own wireless card.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This resort is absolutely first rate. The rooms are clean and up to date. The pool and spa area is outstanding with the pool nicely heated all season and open 24 hours a day. Only drawback are the pool towels provided which are about the size of hand towels. Small inconvenience so bring your own or buy a beach towel at one of the numerous gift stores in the area for $3. Another drawback is the WiFi reception which is spotty at best. Rooms come with everything needed to cook and eat within the condos to include toaster, all dishes and utensils. Adjoining the pool is a full service bar and grill with nightly activities. Also next door to the resort is a Denny's restaurant, pizza take-out, and Publix grocery store. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Be ready for a high-pressure invite and presentation for timeshare buy-in. Don't go unless you have 2 hours and 20 grand to spend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool area.
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Over all we enjoyed our week at Summerbay. We had a 2 BR, 2bath Villa which was decent enough. The grounds are nice but the no WI-Fi is a killer for me. Had to go to club house to use a very very slow hookup but I guess that is better than none at all.
As many others have said AVOID timeshare sales pitch. They are very RUDE and Pushy. No wonder timeshares have such a BAD reputation. Might stay agai8n if I got a really good price but never answer the phone

Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Where do I start, hated this place so much we had a family meeting half way through our 10 day stay to determine whether we would move out and forfeit the rest of the pre paid accommodation.
1. On check in, got invited to the "lovely free breakfast" that all guests have on check in, we thought how nice. Then was advised that this breakfast would take around 2 hours, we must have all family members there, have a pre approved major credit card and earn of $50000.00 per year. Tried to politely decline the breakfast, said we weren't interested in timeshare. Ended up rudely declining and being told we cost the salesman $20 out of his own pocket as he had already put our name down. When we finally got to our room, received the barrage of phonecalls from different sales people with different strategies to get us to go. Woke up the next morning to more phone calls. tried to be polite to these people, but seriously.
2. This place is nowhere near any attractions, in traffic it took us an hour to get to Universal, and 40 minutes to Disney.
3. The resort is surrounded by Pawn shops and discount ticket sellers.
4. Took the kids to the "aquatic area" (which was closed) would not have let them swim in it anyway. It was disgusting in a lake full of weeds.
5. Took the kids up to the Miniature golf course( that was also closed)
6. Despite previously ensuring that they had wi fi, telling them that I needed to communicate with my business. Guess what no - wi fi, asked to move to a part of the resort with wi fi, didn't care how much it cost. No other rooms available. There was free wi fi in the lobby but it was so slow it was useless. I got to know the people at McDonalds better than my own family, as that is where I had to sit to use the wi fi. Seriously - its the 21st century.
7. The good parts - the room was terrific, 2 bedroom, with kitchen. My son and I played Tennis, on a nice court. My Daughter loved the activities with the lady.

Summary: If you just want to stay in your room at the resort watching TV, without communicating with the outside world. This is your place. If you have teenage kids who wants to do Disney, Universal etc and access their friends on Ipads etc Then EVERY single resort or hotel in Orlando would be better than this one.

My bad experience probably started when we said no for the presentation, but I don't have any advice how to avoid this, your going to have to say no at some stage.

Room Tip: Its a very quiet place, so any room would be good
Moscow, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We traveled to Summer Bay resort in June. It was myself, my husband, and our other friends who were a couple at the time. We chose to visit here due to a timeshare opportunity and it was a great last minute decision!
There are only a few photos that I've provided because I couldn't find the digital files but I found the files from my phone so they're not the best quality. Sorry :/

Hotel:
Overall the hotel/resort was amazing! great grounds that were very well kept and everyone around was super polite!

Room:
Our Room was excellent. It had a separated bedroom and a pullout couch which served us well because we were college students on a budget and probably couldn't afford a larger room for the 4 of us. We switched on and off who got the bedroom and who got the sofa bed and each was equally comfortable. No problems sleeping. The kitchenette was great. We went over to the local Publix bought our groceries for the week and were set to go. As soon as we got there we were settled in within a few hours and at the poolside bar.

Service:
The service here was excellent. The staff... equally as amazing and very funny. Whomever was serving us at the poolside bar was the perfect host for the day/evening. There was plenty for us to do. The staff at the water sports area even gave us a deal on the vests for the climbing floats and trampoline out in the water. I believe that you could have like two vests per room key and they gave us all four to go out and play. That was so much fun!

Food:
We only ate a few snacks at the poolside bar and no complaints. We normally just ate what we had in the hotel room. And for the ONE day we left the resort and went to Universal Studios we ate there and no complaints at all on the food.

Bar:
The bar did get a little expensive after a while but we didn't mind. Plan to purchase your own alcoholic beverages at the local Publix and have a few drinks before you head out (if this is your thing) otherwise you'll be fine because they absolutely DO NOT skimp on the alcohol in the drinks here.

Activities:
As I mentioned before the water sports area is a blast! There was a giant rock climbing float which we were referring to as "The Aggro Crag", those of you who grew up in the 90's Nickelodeon era will understand why we called it this when you see it, because it was just this giant mountainous structure to conquer. Every night there was something to be done at the resort for kids and adults. During the day I remember playing a game of Cornhole with fellow adults at the poolside bar :) good fun and laughs. I also remember playing some sort fo diving game with some younger kids at the pool, I think we were all belly flopping I'm sure the parents of the kids we were goofing around with either appreciated us taking them off of their hands for a while or really hated us for doing belly flops with their kids. Anyhow, it was fun and the kids were happy.
One night there was free mini golf if you got there before 10pm. That was good times as well.

And the icing on the cake for my now husband and our other friend who came with us... ONe night they hosted Karaoke at the pool on this giant set of stairs (it was a great stage setting!) After a while our friend realizes who the host fo the Karaoke was. For any WWE, WCW, ECW or past wrestling fans you'll know who I'm talking about, but the great Sinister Minister, James Mitchell was the Karaoke DJ!!!?? So, we went up and got a few photos taken with him, requested a few songs, and in between his introductions and comedic breaks we had a long interesting and fun chat with him. Great guy! He's retired now and enjoying goofing around as a DJ :) It was really neat meeting a former (underground) celebrity.

There was a bus that came very morning that would charge us I believe between $15-$20 to go to Disney, Sea World, and Universal. This is fine if you're just visiting one of the parks for ONE day. If you plan on making disney or Universal a week long vacation either stay on the DIsney property OR rent a car. It'll be cheaper that way for you. Imagine $20 a day for a ride to the park and having to wait until each stop is made (we had to go to the Sea World drop off point first, then they dropped us at Universal, which was fine, but then I felt bad for the people who wanted to go to Disney they had to wait at least an hour to get there including stops.) Also, I suggest bringing your own snacks and water in to the parks ( filling snacks like granola, almonds, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) and you can refill your water bottles at the water fountains throughout the day, otherwise plan on paying $6-$10 for a bottle of water.

We only left the resort once and headed to Universal Studios and did both parks in one day. We bought the Fast Pass and breezed through everything. The only downfall was that the bus picked us up earlier than we wanted at night (otherwise we would have been stuck there without a ride back to the hotel.) This is where a rent a car would come in handy (we could have stayed longer for the fire works display and not have missed anything.

To wrap this up, Summer Bay Resort was the most fun I've had on a vacation with another couple to date. Can't wait to bring my kids back there one day :)
Hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, nova scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been to Summer Bay before and the resort itself did not disappoint. We were with our grandchildren this time (6 & 9) and had a fabulous time. I can't say enough about the activities staff. We had such a good time. We stayed in the Villas which were perfect for our needs. Unfortunately, we also signed up for the timeshare presentation. We are owners here and were treated well before so just wanted an update and to see units we hadn't seen before. We were disrespected, bullied and told half-truths and the "90 min." presentation went on for over 2 1/2 hours. I can't believe they treated their own owners that way. We will never take another time share presentation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!