Where do I start, hated this place so much we had a family meeting half way through our 10 day stay to determine whether we would move out and forfeit the rest of the pre paid accommodation.
1. On check in, got invited to the "lovely free breakfast" that all guests have on check in, we thought how nice. Then was advised that this breakfast would take around 2 hours, we must have all family members there, have a pre approved major credit card and earn of $50000.00 per year. Tried to politely decline the breakfast, said we weren't interested in timeshare. Ended up rudely declining and being told we cost the salesman $20 out of his own pocket as he had already put our name down. When we finally got to our room, received the barrage of phonecalls from different sales people with different strategies to get us to go. Woke up the next morning to more phone calls. tried to be polite to these people, but seriously.
2. This place is nowhere near any attractions, in traffic it took us an hour to get to Universal, and 40 minutes to Disney.
3. The resort is surrounded by Pawn shops and discount ticket sellers.
4. Took the kids to the "aquatic area" (which was closed) would not have let them swim in it anyway. It was disgusting in a lake full of weeds.
5. Took the kids up to the Miniature golf course( that was also closed)
6. Despite previously ensuring that they had wi fi, telling them that I needed to communicate with my business. Guess what no - wi fi, asked to move to a part of the resort with wi fi, didn't care how much it cost. No other rooms available. There was free wi fi in the lobby but it was so slow it was useless. I got to know the people at McDonalds better than my own family, as that is where I had to sit to use the wi fi. Seriously - its the 21st century.
7. The good parts - the room was terrific, 2 bedroom, with kitchen. My son and I played Tennis, on a nice court. My Daughter loved the activities with the lady.
Summary: If you just want to stay in your room at the resort watching TV, without communicating with the outside world. This is your place. If you have teenage kids who wants to do Disney, Universal etc and access their friends on Ipads etc Then EVERY single resort or hotel in Orlando would be better than this one.
My bad experience probably started when we said no for the presentation, but I don't have any advice how to avoid this, your going to have to say no at some stage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts