We traveled to Summer Bay resort in June. It was myself, my husband, and our other friends who were a couple at the time. We chose to visit here due to a timeshare opportunity and it was a great last minute decision!
There are only a few photos that I've provided because I couldn't find the digital files but I found the files from my phone so they're not the best quality. Sorry :/
Overall the hotel/resort was amazing! great grounds that were very well kept and everyone around was super polite!
Our Room was excellent. It had a separated bedroom and a pullout couch which served us well because we were college students on a budget and probably couldn't afford a larger room for the 4 of us. We switched on and off who got the bedroom and who got the sofa bed and each was equally comfortable. No problems sleeping. The kitchenette was great. We went over to the local Publix bought our groceries for the week and were set to go. As soon as we got there we were settled in within a few hours and at the poolside bar.
The service here was excellent. The staff... equally as amazing and very funny. Whomever was serving us at the poolside bar was the perfect host for the day/evening. There was plenty for us to do. The staff at the water sports area even gave us a deal on the vests for the climbing floats and trampoline out in the water. I believe that you could have like two vests per room key and they gave us all four to go out and play. That was so much fun!
We only ate a few snacks at the poolside bar and no complaints. We normally just ate what we had in the hotel room. And for the ONE day we left the resort and went to Universal Studios we ate there and no complaints at all on the food.
The bar did get a little expensive after a while but we didn't mind. Plan to purchase your own alcoholic beverages at the local Publix and have a few drinks before you head out (if this is your thing) otherwise you'll be fine because they absolutely DO NOT skimp on the alcohol in the drinks here.
As I mentioned before the water sports area is a blast! There was a giant rock climbing float which we were referring to as "The Aggro Crag", those of you who grew up in the 90's Nickelodeon era will understand why we called it this when you see it, because it was just this giant mountainous structure to conquer. Every night there was something to be done at the resort for kids and adults. During the day I remember playing a game of Cornhole with fellow adults at the poolside bar :) good fun and laughs. I also remember playing some sort fo diving game with some younger kids at the pool, I think we were all belly flopping I'm sure the parents of the kids we were goofing around with either appreciated us taking them off of their hands for a while or really hated us for doing belly flops with their kids. Anyhow, it was fun and the kids were happy.
One night there was free mini golf if you got there before 10pm. That was good times as well.
And the icing on the cake for my now husband and our other friend who came with us... ONe night they hosted Karaoke at the pool on this giant set of stairs (it was a great stage setting!) After a while our friend realizes who the host fo the Karaoke was. For any WWE, WCW, ECW or past wrestling fans you'll know who I'm talking about, but the great Sinister Minister, James Mitchell was the Karaoke DJ!!!?? So, we went up and got a few photos taken with him, requested a few songs, and in between his introductions and comedic breaks we had a long interesting and fun chat with him. Great guy! He's retired now and enjoying goofing around as a DJ :) It was really neat meeting a former (underground) celebrity.
There was a bus that came very morning that would charge us I believe between $15-$20 to go to Disney, Sea World, and Universal. This is fine if you're just visiting one of the parks for ONE day. If you plan on making disney or Universal a week long vacation either stay on the DIsney property OR rent a car. It'll be cheaper that way for you. Imagine $20 a day for a ride to the park and having to wait until each stop is made (we had to go to the Sea World drop off point first, then they dropped us at Universal, which was fine, but then I felt bad for the people who wanted to go to Disney they had to wait at least an hour to get there including stops.) Also, I suggest bringing your own snacks and water in to the parks ( filling snacks like granola, almonds, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) and you can refill your water bottles at the water fountains throughout the day, otherwise plan on paying $6-$10 for a bottle of water.
We only left the resort once and headed to Universal Studios and did both parks in one day. We bought the Fast Pass and breezed through everything. The only downfall was that the bus picked us up earlier than we wanted at night (otherwise we would have been stuck there without a ride back to the hotel.) This is where a rent a car would come in handy (we could have stayed longer for the fire works display and not have missed anything.
To wrap this up, Summer Bay Resort was the most fun I've had on a vacation with another couple to date. Can't wait to bring my kids back there one day :)
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts