My family recently stayed at this resort for one week, in a one-bedroom suite. The room itself was fairly clean, the pool seemed great (though we never had a chance to take a dip) and we had a nice view of the lake, however my compliments essentially end there.
The kitchen unfortunately lacked in adequate storage space, however it was still manageable. The pull-out bed from the couch was horrid. I have slept on many couch-beds, and none have contained a plastic-wrapped mattress and such sharp springs as this one, it really made sleeping difficult being poked and feeling/hearing the plastic with every move.
The service is truly the downfall of this resort. The staff is generally apathetic and dismissive. We had a nightmare checking in, and were fed up with being 'brushed off' by the staff anytime we had inquiries. The resort provides no service when it comes to towel changes (charged, upon request), garbage removal nor general room cleaning. This resulted in having to anxiously call the front desk several times when we were constrained for time and needed items ASAP. (Having to wait upwards of half-an-hour for simple amenities!) Furthermore, the resort charges a ridiculous amount for terribly slow Wi-Fi which was absolutely frustrating.
Summer Bay is nice to look at, but it would be in their best interest to hire helpful staff.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Summer Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.