“Huge 3BDR house w/private pool” 4 of 5 stars

You added Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts to your Saves list
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
Bloomfield, New York, United States
“Huge 3BDR house w/private pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in a great 3 bedroom house with a private screened in pool and jacuzzi. The unit could use some updating but was clean and in good working order. It was huge (2 master suites + 3rd bedroom) and the screened in pool was a great feature. As others have mentioned the pool and jacuzzi are both at the same temperature (94F) which makes the jacuzzi marginally useful.

Staff was friendly and helpful. The timeshare people did approach me at check in time, but we told them we were not interested and had no further contact. The phone did ring once or twice but we did not answer it.

Main pool area was very large and nice. Many on site activities including water sports. On site dining was pretty minimal but everything you could want is within a few miles. We made the drive to Disney several times, which took around 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
COAL VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This was our experiment and we were pleasenty supprised. It has a number pool and spas, it seems like one for each four buildings. Gas grills near the pools. A beach area with many water toys. Two bars and vrills and activities all day. The place is clean and staff is helpful. We will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks back in Aug 2012, so this review is a little late. Traveled with my wife and two young children. We are "experts" at finding great values on unused "timeshare" weeks so this is our 5th time staying at a timeshare community in the Disney area (a different property each time).
In some aspects, this was the best property we've been to in the Disney area and in some ways it was the worst.

The pros: excellent grounds and pools. The main pool by the clubhouse is heated and open 24 hours. This was extremely enjoyable both during the day and late at night. Free Wifi by the pool/clubhouse was excellent, as well. Hanging out here really made it feel like we were on vacation. The beach area was adjacent to the main pool, and added to the nice ambiance. I went in the lake briefly and my son really enjoyed the inflatables in the lake. But be warned, you need to have good upper body strength to enjoy the inflatables. The northern most pool, which had a zero depth entry, was also beautiful and enjoyable. The water park (right outside of my unit) was lots of fun for the kids, but may have been too cold if it wasn’t the summer.
The pool area and grounds were superior to any timeshare community I've been to in the area.

The cons: although the room/unit was well decorated and reasonably updated, it was the smallest two bedroom we've occupied in the area and it was absent of a balcony and only had a tiny spa/whirlpool. The kitchen was poorly stocked and extremely cramped. WiFi in the rooms, which required an extra fee, was nearly impossible to ever connect to.
The worst part of the room was the occasional visit by very large cockroaches. Although it was only one cockroach at a time, it happened on three or four different occasions, and always when the lights were on (my previous experience with cockroaches was they always stayed out of the light). The cockroach problem made me drop my rating from 3 stars to 2.

My wife and I did take the timeshare tour to earn the $100 reward. They promised breakfast, childcare, and only 90 min of our time. The breakfast never appeared, the childcare was adequate, and the 90 min could have easily become 4 hours if I wasn't assertive. Our total time there from entering the building to leaving it was about 2 hours and 15 minutes. This included 15 minutes wait time before our "host" arrived, about 1 hour 40 minutes for the presentation, and 20 minutes waiting for our $100 reward. The only reason we escaped in under 3 hours is because I refused to go on the shuttle to tour the sample room/unit since they were trying to have us board the shuttle 85 minutes into the presentation, and also because every two minutes past 90 minutes, I reminded the salesman that he was over his agreed upon time. This really ticked him off, but it got us out of there quicker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were located in the building 404 and the unit was nice. Short walk to the lobby and the grounds are well maintained. Location of the property is good to get to Disney although there is a lot of traffic to get there on US 192. Leave early in the morning.

The kitchen is furnished lightly but all basic tools needed are there. Only complaint I have is concerning the sofa-bed, I can confirm that the mattress has springs! Customer service is good, if something is missing, they do come quickly to resolve the issue.

FYI, for the internet, I was there for 2 weeks and there is a package at 45$/10 days but they do extend it for the entire stay. They will also allow to connect 2 devices for free. The internet speed was quite slow but at least it worked.

Kids and wife loves the place and wish to go back one day.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

i stayed here with my son and husband the week before Christmas. The unit was clean and extremely nice. During our weeklong stay, I saw one waterbug. No real insect problem. Yes, the timeshare salespeople will call but don't answer the phone. Or if you don't want to be bothered, tell them no. My 2 year old son loved the park and the waterpark on the property. The location is extremely close to Denny's, Publix and a few other stores. The Publix is a bit overpriced on some items but there is a Super Target just five minutes down the road. Also, we were just 10 to 15 minutes away from Disney. The washer and dryer in the room is extremely convenient and the jacuzzi tubs are great! Definitely take advantage of eating on the patio, wonderful views! My main complaint is that the selection of TV channels were horrible! Being so close to Disney and Universal Studios, I was really surprised they didn't have Disney Jr or Nick Jr to entertain my son in the mornings and before bedtime. Overall, we had a great time and would love to stay here again when we visit Orlando!

Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I wanted to take my family on a trip to Disney. We agreed to take the 90/120 minute tour to get 2 Disney tickets and a nice place to stay for a good price.

Here is what actually happened. Because of the storms that went through Mobile, AL on December 25, 2012, we ended up arriving late. We spoke with the people on the phone and they said that would not be a problem. When asked if we could do the tour the next day since it would not be our arrival or departure date, they said it would be NO problem. My wife and I got up early to head to the welcome center. Once there, we were told that all of the times were booked for that day and that we would have to go on the tour the next day. First lie. We came back the next day expecting a 90/120 minute tour of the timeshares. Their 90/120 minute tour lasted almost 180 minutes. There is NO way that the tour would take just 90 minutes or even 120 minutes. Second lie. When we decided not to buy into the timeshare, which we actually considered a lot, they treated us like second class citizens. They were very rude. The lady that was showing us around slammed her book close and took off. She didnt even say, well maybe the next time you come back, come speak with me. Then they said a representative from the company would come over close us out and give us the vouchers for the Disney tickets. That took another 20 minutes. He tried to sell us a "hold" for the next time we vistied. We finally got the voucher and headed down stairs. We then had to wait another 30 minutes to get the tickets. In all, we spent about 3.5 to 4 hours at the center. During that time, Disney World closed down because it had reached maximum capacity. We ended up going about 3 pm and stayed till Midnight.

The place itself. Well, I gave it an average review. There were a few things good and a few things bad about it. First for the good. My wife loves to take a hot relaxing bath in a big tube. The large tub in the master bathroom was just what she wanted. There was a washer and dryer, so we could do clothes while on property. They gave a welcome bag with some detergent in it. It seemed cleaned until the last day. We did not eat at all in the condo, but found a few dead roaches on the floor the last day. The tile in the living room needed to be redone. Working construction while in college, I could tell that some of the tile was loose and needed to be repaired. I could crack by just a large person stepping on it. It sounded hollow. Also, not the fault of the resort, but the people above us got up every day at 5 am and started walking around and doing clothes.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family stayed over Christmas week in a 2 bedroom unit in building 105. I found the condo to be better than some reviews I'd read. The resort is in a good location, is on very nice, well-maintained property, and is full of things to do. Close to shopping (the proximity of the Publix store is excellent), reasonably close to Disney, easy to navigate to/from.
The only thing I would say is that the shuttle bus to/from Disney could run a little more frequently. We were lucky enough to get on the bus the one and only time we took it, but many were left standing at the curb, SOL. Also, in this day and age, charging for internet is a bit much.
The condo was not as aged as I'd read about in the reviews, although, for a little bit more money, when building they should have invested in higher quality cupboards and granite counter tops. This is more a general comment, not a complaint as it made no difference other than from an aesthetics standpoint. Blackout curtains in the master bedroom would have been good, as the lights from the exterior walkways shone through the blinds at night. Numerous items were missing from the kitchen but when I called needing a salad bowl, I received one very quickly. Basics such as tea towels and laundry soap and dishwasher soap were a bit light, they could be more generous like other resorts in providing a reasonable amount for someone staying a week.
Staff at the Big Kahuna bar were very nice. The daily phone call from the timeshare office was not appreciated, considering we'd requested "do not call" upon check in, but the persistent fellow was very polite.
Beach is nice to relax on but I'm not sure I'd actually swim in that lake. It looks a bit stale.
Pools were great, kids water park great, gas BBQ's greatly appreciated (and not available at other resorts nearby, such as Orange Lake).
Overall, we liked it and would return to this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!