I wanted to take my family on a trip to Disney. We agreed to take the 90/120 minute tour to get 2 Disney tickets and a nice place to stay for a good price.
Here is what actually happened. Because of the storms that went through Mobile, AL on December 25, 2012, we ended up arriving late. We spoke with the people on the phone and they said that would not be a problem. When asked if we could do the tour the next day since it would not be our arrival or departure date, they said it would be NO problem. My wife and I got up early to head to the welcome center. Once there, we were told that all of the times were booked for that day and that we would have to go on the tour the next day. First lie. We came back the next day expecting a 90/120 minute tour of the timeshares. Their 90/120 minute tour lasted almost 180 minutes. There is NO way that the tour would take just 90 minutes or even 120 minutes. Second lie. When we decided not to buy into the timeshare, which we actually considered a lot, they treated us like second class citizens. They were very rude. The lady that was showing us around slammed her book close and took off. She didnt even say, well maybe the next time you come back, come speak with me. Then they said a representative from the company would come over close us out and give us the vouchers for the Disney tickets. That took another 20 minutes. He tried to sell us a "hold" for the next time we vistied. We finally got the voucher and headed down stairs. We then had to wait another 30 minutes to get the tickets. In all, we spent about 3.5 to 4 hours at the center. During that time, Disney World closed down because it had reached maximum capacity. We ended up going about 3 pm and stayed till Midnight.
The place itself. Well, I gave it an average review. There were a few things good and a few things bad about it. First for the good. My wife loves to take a hot relaxing bath in a big tube. The large tub in the master bathroom was just what she wanted. There was a washer and dryer, so we could do clothes while on property. They gave a welcome bag with some detergent in it. It seemed cleaned until the last day. We did not eat at all in the condo, but found a few dead roaches on the floor the last day. The tile in the living room needed to be redone. Working construction while in college, I could tell that some of the tile was loose and needed to be repaired. I could crack by just a large person stepping on it. It sounded hollow. Also, not the fault of the resort, but the people above us got up every day at 5 am and started walking around and doing clothes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts