The unit was clean, but dark. Limited windows brought in limited light. There was no balcony, so no sliding glass door to bring in all that beautiful Florida sunshine (big disappointment). They show upgraded room on the website, but ours was in need of some overhauling.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't have any soap in our unit, but when the man came with some, it was enough for several weeks! Irving, the bartender was a great guy to hang and talk with, even though the mixers he is forced to utilize to make the drinks are pretty lame. Not one for fruity drinks, but when I do have one on vacation, expect it to be of better quality. Always a cause for concern when the mixers are sitting out in the hot sun and don't need to be refrigerated! Is there anything real in them?
The grounds were nice and well maintained. Pleasant to walk around after dinner, just not a whole lot to do on-site. This resort is a bit further away from the main attractions, but that turned out to be a bonus for us. We tried restaurants and golf course SW of the resort which were very good and better deals. Like to try new places to get a better feel for the local area.
All in all, the resort wasn't a bad place to stay, but not one of the better ones we have enjoyed in the area. Don't set your expectations too high and you will not be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Hotel
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Resort offering one and two bedroom condos, as well a fantastic amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Summer Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.