My parents are RCI travel club members, and they gave my husband and I a week at this resort as a present. I don't know how, as club members, they could have assigned us a worse room. It was in the first building, closest to the entrance gates. Cars coming into the resort would shine their headlights into our bedroom window all night long, so we had to keep the curtains shut tight for privacy day and night. Of course that made the unit very dark, and the extremely low ceilings did not help the claustrophobic feeling. The unit had a "full kitchen," which was something that you might see in a New York City studio apartment: miniature stove, miniature dish washer, full sized fridge. There was not even enough room for the trash can to fit in the kitchen area, so we had to put it in the living room. The fridge had an ice maker, but it was not hooked up so we had to buy ice. No ice tray was provided. The air conditioner fan was extremely noisy, and although it was set on "auto" it seemed to run continuously. The bathroom had one sink, no tub, and almost no counter space. However, the shower stall could probably hold 4 people. The bed was not a King as promised, but a double with a pull-out Queen sofa. My husband and I had to sleep in separate rooms. The bedroom had two bedside tables, a tv stand, and a chair. The room was so small that you would bang the bedroom door into the tv stand every time you opened it. It also had a small closet that was partially taken up by the iron and ironing board.The living room/dining room had the aforementioned sofa bed, a small round dining table, three chairs, end tables and a coffee table. We opened up the sofa bed, so that took up the majority of the space in the room. There was a small flatscreen TV mounted on the wall. I'm giving it two stars because here was a one piece "washer-dryer" unit in the bathroom that I was glad to have, and the place was very clean. There was a flashing screen in the front of the property that advertised "walk- in's available - great rates." If there were vacancies, I don't understand how a guest of an owner could be assigned such a bad room. Don't be fooled by the photos on their website, some of the rooms may look like that, but all do not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts