It appears the unit we stayed in has not been updated. We had a 2 bedroom and it was small and dark. The master bath had a sink in a cabinet that didn’t offer any counter top space to put amenities on. The furniture was quite uncomfortable and since my daughter and I both came down with something, we had to spend quite some time in the room. The master bedroom had a king bed and the 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds. We usually find 2 bedroom units we stay in these days have double beds in the second bedroom, but this room was too small to fit anything but twins. Our unit did not have a balcony either. This is something I really enjoy while on vacation. Coming from the cold, it’s nice to be able to sit outside in the morning with coffee and read. Instead, I had to stay in our dark dingy unit :-(
Kitchen was also very small. Not much counter top space for cooking. They have a coffee maker and there isn’t even enough room to open the lid to make coffee.
The second bathroom did have a larger cabinet with counter top space for putting amenities on. Smart, instead of putting 2 sinks in.
Peeve – the bathrooms have 1 light switch which will turn on the light AND fan. Great for waking someone up in the middle of the night if you need to use the bathroom. It’s hard to be quiet when you have to turn on a noisy fan.
Internet: they charge for internet service AND, they nickel & dime you here…if you have 2 computers (as my husband & I did – mine is a work issued computer so I can only use it for business) they charge you for a second computer to use the wireless in the SAME ROOM!
The pool: the lounge chairs were extremely uncomfortable. It was impossible to lie flat since it was virtually impossible to get the backs to go down. They are pretty stained (I’m guessing from sun screen and all). The pool was heated here, but they don’t heat the little water park pool area for the kids. Also, they really cheap out on the drinks, however, the prices seem to be in line with some 5 star resorts we’ve stayed in in the area. I didn’t get to enjoy my true vacation experience by the pool. The first day with a subpar drink and that was it for my entire stay! I’m good for a few drinks to say the least. Even my husband agreed with me on this one. The food was also “ok”. Nothing to get excited about.
The room had a DVD player. Do yourself a favor, walk or drive over to Publix where there is a RedBox. The rental unit they have on the resort is a waste. Movies are $4 and most of them have been on TV for years already.
They did hit us up as soon as we checked in to get us to do a tour. The first thing we always do upon entering our room is, we disconnect the phones.
All in all, I think the resort needs to spend some money on upgrading a few things (units, pool, bar…). The return should be quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts