I booked a two-bedroom, 2 bath villa through the Armed Forces Vacation Club at a VERY reasonable rate, so I wasn't expecting much more than a decent place to sleep while visiting Orlando. Boy was I wrong!! The only issue I had was the lack of free wi-fi in our villa, but it was available for free in the clubhouse. I paid the fee for 3 days worth of wi-fi because I was lazy.
The villa was very clean, the beds were comfy, and the kitchen was well stocked with dishes, glasses, etc. Stove with oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffeemaker and fridge with icemaker - more than I have at home! Washer & dryer, too. A little start-up bag of goodies was awaiting us with mini detergents for dishes and clothes. We booked for 1 week, which included a Tuesday housekeeping service.
The resort has plenty of activities going on so when you need a break from visiting the parks you certainly won't be bored - 4 pools (2 of which are open 24 hours), a lake with beach front, two bars, and picnic areas with both gas and charcoal grills available. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful.
It is a timeshare, however, and we were approached about attending their 90-minute spiel. We politely declined and they never bothered us again.
The resort is located approximately 4 miles from Disney and a shuttle is available. We had a rental car, so I can't really comment on the shuttle service, but I noticed a lot people using it. There is a Denney's restaurant on the grounds and a Publix supermarket right next door (you can get into the lot directly from the complex).
The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. You can buy tickets for all of the parks right there in the lobby. The desk clerks were so very pleasant, they even printed out our boarding passes for us.
I would absolutely stay here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts