Stayed at Summer Bay Resort, which is just as lovely as described on their website. The "villa" (really a condo) was clean, well-maintained, and nicely furnished. The pools, grounds and public spaces are terrific. My complaint is that there were huge, numerous, "palmetto bugs". These look more like flying roaches. I made sure to wear sandals at night if I got up to run to the bathroom. My husband was awakened 2 nights in a row by a bug crawling up his arm. He found another bug in the swimsuit he hung up to dry. We also saw several more during our week there. I saw other reviews mentioning roaches, but I decided to give Summer Bay the benefit of the doubt. After all, it's Florida, occasionally a bug finds its' way in. I'm sorry to say the bug problem in our unit was unacceptable. Stay here only if you are not grossed out by huge roach-like bugs. Also of note - I called the front desk to report the problem. At check-out I again mentioned it, and was referred to the manager. The front desk clerk had not noted my call. The manager apologized politely but made no effort to compensate us for the unacceptable bug situation, and no reason to give this place another try.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando Resort has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando’s world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando Resort is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we’ve got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park or Universal Studios Florida®.Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando Resort can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Summer Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.