“Let me clear up some myths in other reviews” 5 of 5 stars

You added Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts to your Saves list
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17805 US Highway 192, Clermont, FL 34714   |
New Jersey, United States
“Let me clear up some myths in other reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've read all the other reviews and am disappointed that many people are not separating the Inn and the Resort. First of all, there is the Inn at Summer Bay, which is junk and now CLOSED and there is the Resort of Summer Bay which is condos and villas. Second of all, It isn't dirty or broken like some of the pics show. Third of all, if you have an issue they make sure they handle it right away. Lastly, if you don't want to do the resort presentation YOU DO NOT HAVE TO! There are plenty of travel agencies and websites that will book a vacation package for you without that requirement.

We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath condo for 7 nights and 8 days, building 408 and book through Armed Forces Vacation Club. The condo was wonderful. They even allowed us to check in at noon instead of 1700 which is the normal check in time since they saw we had driven all night from NJ. The condo had everything we needed, dishes, towels, silverware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer and simple cleaning tools like broom and mop.They have towels to use at the pools so you really don't have to bring anything. Hop on down to the Super Target which is literally like 5 mins down the road and get food and pool toys. The bathrooms were large and bright and clean. If you are a germaphobe you are gonna have issues no matter where you stay, but this place was CLEAN! We were 20 steps away from a pool with a gorgeous pond view on the ground floor. There were TONS of events going on the whole week to keep our kids occupied, almost ALL are free except for a choice few. The beach and lake play area is yes $10 per kid per day, but it honestly is only best for older kids since these are large play things and it was all big kids. There is plenty to do in the pools all over the resort that you don't need to spend for the lake. The splash park was awesome! But it is the only pool area that isnt heated so its a bit chilly at night. There were 2 24 hr pools and the rest closed at 10 pm. There are SEVERAL restaurants in the area that give big discounts for showing your Summer Bay resort card, even one that allows kids to eat free because of it. They offer a free professional photo for your family while there and you can get 10 photos and then 20 of the resort on a CD for $40 which honestly was a good deal for the area. You do have to pay for cleaning, but this is a condo not a hotel. We enjoyed that we didn't have to worry about someone knocking on our door at 9 am or knowing that someone was in our room while we weren't. The lake is stocked for fishing and we brought our own poles and spent one afternoon on the dock doing that. You don't need a fishing license as long as your pole has a reel. REMEMBER, if you are disappointed in something, TELL THEM. They work immediately to fix it and make it right. We met many nice people who stayed during the week and there was always a group of kids to play with.

Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to stay in the area. It's on a strip highway but not right in the middle so you feel overwhelmed or enclosed. It's close enough to Orlando that you don't feel like its a long drive, yet far enough away you can feel like you can spread out and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have young children who like to run around and make sure you request to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Finnish first
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Used some left over RCI timeshare points for a one bedroom unit. Walked into the nicely appointed unit and was shocked to see dishes in the sink, unmade bed and a present in the toilet. Appalled, we marched over to the reception to show them picture proof from our cell phone and the manager quickly changed our unit to a two bedroom unit. Unit nicely furnished; kitchen fully stocked; and only a few downsides. The unit itself was small and the kitchen and seating area only fit 4 comfortably. Gym was very small and appeared to be a hangout for teenagers instead of an inviting place to work out. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and appreciate the upgraded unit.

Room Tip: Higher floors will require you to take the elevator. If there is not a luggage cart available, then...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The customer service is very bad. There is an annoying black lady at the front desk who is RUDE everytime you call the front desk and when you ask for a manager or for them to bring you something, they say they will but just totally ignore you. I payed $40.00 just for 5 days of wifi because I needed internet to work. When the payment was finally accepted after 5 tries, the Internet do not work AT ALL. When I called them and asked them to please fix it they said they would but never came to fix it. I just called and asked to speak with a manager and the woman at the desk put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then she picked up the phone and told me the manager is busy and he will call my room back. It has been an hour since I called. The pool is always packed with people so I can't go swimming. I have 2 more days to stay here already payed for but I'm going to leave today. This resort is more like a big overpriced motel.

• Stayed August 2012
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a few points leftover from our RCI exchange week, and we live within driving distance of Orlando, so we decided to give Summer Bay a try. Our room was in one of the older buildings, closest to the entrance and the main road, but it was spacious and adequate. The 2 bedroom can accommodate 2-4 adults (if 2 of you don't mind sleeping in twins beds), or 2 adults and 2 kids, without using the pull-out couch. Our unit had a kitchen with full-sized appliances and washer and dryer. The unit was clean enough, and roomy enough for our stay. For longer stays and families with kids, you may enjoy the daily activities, the pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, and the water-related activities. It might be a nice break from the parks! I can't comment on the restaurants on-property, since we ate in our room, or ate at the nearby restaurants. Once there, you'll find that you are near just about everything including the Disney parks and Kissimmee via 192, and Universal Studios, Sea World, and downtown Orlando via I-4. 192 can get a little backed up early in the mornings or in the evenings but it's only for a few miles, and then it opens up again. Whatever you do, however, please, please, please avoid the timeshare presentation! It's not worth the $100 or the park tickets, or whatever else they promise you. They will take 3 hours of your time, and in the end, make you feel lousy for not buying a timeshare! And not one, not two, not three, but four different salespeople will try to sell you something! I know timeshare presentations are bad, but honestly, this was the worst! We left a night early because we just didn't feel right afterwards! Take the advice I read on TripAdvisor years ago, and don’t answer your room phone unless you called them for a specific request. Nowadays, your family and friends will reach you via your cellphone, so there’s no need to use that room phone. I was just foolish enough to forget that advice on this trip!

Room Tip: If you are an RCI owner, you'll automatically get a room in one of the older buildings. You may...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights in late July early August. The resort seemed overcrowded at times, and the rooms are a bit dated. Could use a good refurb. Glad I succumb to the pressure and buy the timeshare.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We exchanged through RCI and I will admit after reading the reviews, we were really nervous! We arrived early and did not expect to be able to check in because of the reviews. We were greeted with a smile and to our surprise, we were able to check in right away. We told the clerk, I think Chris, that were really nervous. He gave us a complementary pass for mini golf. We were still nervous about our room. We were in building 502-303. When were opened our door, we were so relieved! It was clean, spacious, and nice. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bad condo. We did find some ants. We called the front desk, and on Monday it was taken care of. We were right across the parking lot from the 24 hour pool and Big Kahunas. This was great for us because we didn't have to drive or get the resort bus to the pool! The food was good. We did not go to any of the other pools, so I can't speak on them, but the 24 hour pool in the 500 buildings was clean. The resort has plenty of activities to keep you busy. We didn't do any of the parks, but we did go to Downtown Disney, which was about a 20 minute drive. Over all, we were happy with our stay at Summer Bay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Point, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I picked this resort because I grew up in Clermont and have since moved away and wanted to be close to Disney and close to family back home. I rented a 1 bedroom unit from a owner I found online...so technically I was a guest of an owner. I paid $400 for the week...great deal!
Pros: Nice clean unit, comfy sofa bed my child slept on, flat screen tv in living room, full small kitchen, plenty of parking, grounds are pretty, housekeeping staff were all very nice, big jetted bathtub, private porch, close to a lot of stores.
Cons: bed was awful and hard, pools were over crowded so we only used once, timeshare sales people keep trying to trick you into breakfast...which will end up be a 4 hour sales pitch, I had to tell them no twice, employees on golf carts think they own the road an whip out in front of you, mowed grass at 7am and woke us up, faucet in tub needs to be better due to the fact it takes 25 mins to fill the big bathtub.
Overall we are happy with our stay for what we paid you can't beat it. I won't be returning due to the bed. It was just horrible in my unit and we couldn't get any sleep. I also hate the sales pitch deal. I want to enjoy my vacation and not be pressured to buy. The line to check In herds you right towards them. Just hand me a flyer and be done with it and do not call my unit a day later.

Room Tip: When checking in don't follow the exit line signs...just walk past the front counter to avoid pu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!