I've read all the other reviews and am disappointed that many people are not separating the Inn and the Resort. First of all, there is the Inn at Summer Bay, which is junk and now CLOSED and there is the Resort of Summer Bay which is condos and villas. Second of all, It isn't dirty or broken like some of the pics show. Third of all, if you have an issue they make sure they handle it right away. Lastly, if you don't want to do the resort presentation YOU DO NOT HAVE TO! There are plenty of travel agencies and websites that will book a vacation package for you without that requirement.
We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath condo for 7 nights and 8 days, building 408 and book through Armed Forces Vacation Club. The condo was wonderful. They even allowed us to check in at noon instead of 1700 which is the normal check in time since they saw we had driven all night from NJ. The condo had everything we needed, dishes, towels, silverware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer and simple cleaning tools like broom and mop.They have towels to use at the pools so you really don't have to bring anything. Hop on down to the Super Target which is literally like 5 mins down the road and get food and pool toys. The bathrooms were large and bright and clean. If you are a germaphobe you are gonna have issues no matter where you stay, but this place was CLEAN! We were 20 steps away from a pool with a gorgeous pond view on the ground floor. There were TONS of events going on the whole week to keep our kids occupied, almost ALL are free except for a choice few. The beach and lake play area is yes $10 per kid per day, but it honestly is only best for older kids since these are large play things and it was all big kids. There is plenty to do in the pools all over the resort that you don't need to spend for the lake. The splash park was awesome! But it is the only pool area that isnt heated so its a bit chilly at night. There were 2 24 hr pools and the rest closed at 10 pm. There are SEVERAL restaurants in the area that give big discounts for showing your Summer Bay resort card, even one that allows kids to eat free because of it. They offer a free professional photo for your family while there and you can get 10 photos and then 20 of the resort on a CD for $40 which honestly was a good deal for the area. You do have to pay for cleaning, but this is a condo not a hotel. We enjoyed that we didn't have to worry about someone knocking on our door at 9 am or knowing that someone was in our room while we weren't. The lake is stocked for fishing and we brought our own poles and spent one afternoon on the dock doing that. You don't need a fishing license as long as your pole has a reel. REMEMBER, if you are disappointed in something, TELL THEM. They work immediately to fix it and make it right. We met many nice people who stayed during the week and there was always a group of kids to play with.
Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to stay in the area. It's on a strip highway but not right in the middle so you feel overwhelmed or enclosed. It's close enough to Orlando that you don't feel like its a long drive, yet far enough away you can feel like you can spread out and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts