My family and I stayed here Sept 3-10. We had a 2 bedroom condo unit in Building 404. I, like you, read other people's reviews and do a ton of research prior to making reservations anywhere. I am very skeptical about pictures being doctored and places that don't measure up to advertisements. I am happy to say that the Summer Bay Resort measured up to my expectations with only ONE irritant.
I'm pretty picky so to only have ONE problem, that's pretty darn good.
We had 4 adults/2 kids (8 yr old twins)
The Unit - The 2 bedroom condo was very nice. Clean, well stocked with toilet paper, kleenex, dish soap, etc. I have rented other condos where they give you one roll of TP and tell you to go buy your own. There were also plenty of towels. We had 4 adults, 2 children - there was plenty of room for everyone.
The Pools - the pools were very nice and clean. We went to the kids water park and the kids had fun, but there really isn't anything for adults to do... We also went to the pool behind our building, the clubhouse pool, and the pool at Kahuna's. They were all very very clean and well maintained.
The Activity Center - Since we did so many days at the parks, we only really spent two days out of the week doing the activities. My kids LOVED it! They played bingo, did crafts, sandcastle building, and one day they had someone bring an alligator and show it to the kids. My boy even got to hold "Walter". Super cool!
The Beach/Waterpark - We rented the paddle boats and the bumper boats. The kids really enjoyed it and I thought the pricing was fair.
The Sales Pitch - I wasn't going to talk about this, but since others have, I wanted to mention my experience. YES, two seconds after we checked in, we were caught at the door by the SALES PITCH lady. She gave us her talk and we said we weren't interested. She tried two more times, then told us to enjoy our stay. We received a phone call shortly later asking if we had been given the opportunity to view the property presentation, I said yes and that we were not interested. I honestly didn't feel a ton of pressure. Then we just decided to no longer answer the phone. We let them leave a message. There was no more pressure than that. It was NOT bad at all.
My ONE PROBLEM - To me this was huge, but we managed anyway. The kitchen only had ONE MEDIUM frying pan. WHAT? How on earth are you supposed to cook dinner for 6 people with one frying pan? The whole intent on staying in a condo is so that you can prepare meals and not have to eat out every single day! I would have to cook things one at a time, then wash the pan. It was a pain in the butt. Seriously? At least have a couple of sauce pans... Oh and the frying pan wasn't even a non-stick kind. It was a mess, to say the least.
OVERALL - If you are considering staying here, you will not be disappointed. I'm pretty picky... My family loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts