“Pass-over, Cohen's, if you know what I mean” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Kosher, Steakhouse
Suva, Fiji
“Pass-over, Cohen's, if you know what I mean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Don't bother coming as a family with a baby if you don't have Kosher baby food. They told us our son could not eat his baby food as it was not Kosher. Give me a break! That aside, the meat was dry and the service was slow. We had driven out-of-the-way just to go here during our vacation in Orlando, only to have a very disappointing time. Tragically, the corn beef from the Wal Mart deli is better, and considerably less expensive.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“"New" Kosher Restaurant in Kissimmee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As the postings reflect Cohens have moved from Claremont into the Worldgate Resort Hotel just off the 192 in west Kissimmee. Its a more formal eatery that the old deli but the menu, portions and quality remain good. We had a great meal in the restaurant and a Shabbat menu take out for Friday night. This is good value at $30 for dinner especially as the roast chicken they provided amounted to a huge 1/2 chicken per order! We'll order a bit less next time

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

While staying at the Worldgate Resort me and my husband eat here one night and loved it. I had a sandwhich and my usband had a steak and we really enjoyed it. I think this restaurant is new because it was not there last time i went to the resort

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monument, CO
“Closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Finally found Cohen's and it appeared it was no longer in business. We were looking forward to eating there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very poor value, food average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

First impression was that the interior of the store was looking a little shabby and could do with a tidy up. We ordered carry out sandwiches for four adults - nothing difficult, just a bunch of cold-cuts and a tuna salad - and took almost 25 minutes from ordering to leaving, despite there being no queue. There was one other family of three eating in while we waited.

Sandwiches were vastly overpriced - over $50 for 4 'off the board' sandwiches and a portion of fries for our youngest. In a generous mood, I'd attribute this to the produce being kosher which I'm told always costs more - in a more cynical mood I'd say that the place is struggling and having to inflate prices to stay afloat.

The food was okay at best, but got the feeling that there was nothing I couldn't have done myself with ingredients from the Walmart across the road, and for far less than what was charged. One of our party ordered the daily special of a half-sandwich and cup of soup, and noted that the soup was very salty.

All in all, a disappointing experience; the sandwiches were not filled as adequately as promised - I've had deeper filled as prepackaged - and by considering the 'Manhattan style' which is essentially a 'double-filled' option, then the cost for four sandwiches would be in the region of $80 ~ $90. My experience of kosher food is minimal, and maybe the cost can be justified in this context - but from my own frame of reference, the food just didn't live up to the expectation or price.