“Clean & Budget-Friendly Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Clermont Theme Park West

You added Days Inn Clermont Theme Park West to your Saves list
Days Inn Clermont Theme Park West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9240 West Hwy 192 (Irlo Bronson Pkwy), Clermont, FL 34714   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean & Budget-Friendly Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Because we are Disney World Annual Passholders, my family visits the Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista area several times per year. Since most of our day is spent inside the parks, my philosophy is to have a safe, clean, budget-friendly place to sleep and unwind; then, use the money you save creating an unforgettable memory with your family.

This was my second time staying on this property. My first experience was in a King room on the first floor with no problems at all. Upon arrival, I was asked if I had a preference of which floor to be on. I chose the first floor because of my previous experience and I bring a lot of stuff, but the room I was given did not quite live up to that. The furniture seemed to be in poorer condition than before, the carpet seemed worn, and as I was hanging up my shirts, the clothes racked dislodged from the wall.

I'm usually a "live with it" kind of person. But, not wanting to be accused of damage, I chose to speak with the front desk clerk. Her name was Chris and she was so nice and very accommodating and presented the option of having the rack repaired the next day or moving to a different room. Not knowing what the repair would entail, I chose to move and was given a third floor room. The difference in quality from the first floor room was amazing. I think it's because everyone wants a first floor room.

What I like: large rooms, clean linens on the bed, a fridge and microwave, in-room safe, a modest pool, and a breakfast that can at least "get you going". The breakfast was cereals, breads with butter/jam/peanut butter, coffee, juices, bananas, yogurt, and oatmeal with toppings.
Located about 1 mile from US 27, the hotel is in the less-traveled section of Hwy 192, and is away from what I call "creative driving".

What I wish was different: the road construction on Hwy 192 can cause traffic delays and can extend the time it takes to get to the fun. It looks like they are adding a new lane, so once that is completed, things will improve. I used my GPS and found a couple of ways around the congested areas.

Other things: Within a 5-10 minute drive, there are several restaurants, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, etc. We like having a healthier, non-theme park meal at Sweet Tomatoes. From the hotel to the Magic Kingdom parking lot takes 20-25 minutes. Other Disney parks are slightly closer.

Helpful hints: keep your expectations realistic (don't expect a 5-star accommodation if you are not willing to pay for it); allow time to get where you want to be; take advantage of the pool and quiet time; don't let others dictate your experience--make your vacation what YOU want it to be.

Thanks, Days Inn! We will see you again soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jwmATL

Fort Myers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and I've never had any real issues. But, this time, the room smelled incredibly moldy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
#11 of 17 in Clermont
3.0 of 5 stars 32 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont

Been to Days Inn Clermont Theme Park West? Share your experiences!