“Horrible unfriendly staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Rochester
“Horrible unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I will never stay at a Candlewood suites again! The staff were the most unwelcoming unfriendly and unaccomodating staff I have ever met. The manager needs to be fired. I caught her talking badly about my family. I am pretty sure all the staff failed their customer service class. The hotel is a dump. It hasn't been updated since the early 80s. I highly recommend staying on a park bench over this mess.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear techgirl5,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Clearwater. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Evans Mills, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Exterior is like other Candlewood Suites, however, the interior is another story. The owners need to update the facilities including carpeting and televisions. Could be cleaner.

While okay for a night or two I would recommend looking for another location to stay for an extended stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear RicBertsch,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
waverly iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, for an early morning flight out of St. Pete Airport, which is 2 miles away. We had one queen bed, which sleep well. I loved the little kitchen, stove, sink, microwave, big fridge, with all dishes. i wish I had stayed longer to use it! Also, they had two nice gas grills by the pool for you to use. This hotel also had FREE laundry, with a lot of machines, a nice exercise area. They also have microwave dinners, candy, drinks for you to purchase, and at good prices too. Free DVD movies to check out also. We went to the pool, which they provide you towels. I will be going back to this hotel, every time, I need a hotel in St. Pete.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Malone, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Arrived at hotel and waited in the lobby for 45 minutes before someone showed up to check us in. Desk Clerk was not friendly. Got to our room, which I reserved weeks before, and it was a Studio suite and not the Suite with a separate bedroom . I went down to the front desk and explained that I had paid for a 1 bedroom suite and not the studio. The desk clerk could hardly looked up from what she was doing and said that I got what I paid for. I tried to explain that when I made the reservation I specifically spoke to the reseervation clerk regarding what I wanted for a room and he confirmed that there would be a separate bedroom and I paid more for it. She said no.....you got what you paid for! She was rude and did not seem to care. While at this hotel, I spoke to another guest and the same thing happened to her. I have stayed at Candlewood Suites in other areas several times before, and have never had this problem. Horrible customer service!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Mlyn12953,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night but had a pleasant surprise when we found we'd got a full kitchen in the room,cooker, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, dishes etc Good job really as it's not very near to any restaurants or anything, but an excellent overnight stay if you're travelling. We paid $60 for one night

Room Tip: Make sure you bring a take out or your own food when you stay here as there is absolutely nothing in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OrlandoFL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Check in at 10pm &out at 9am. Pay under $90 for a clean room and a short stay is fine with me. I prefer not to have a kitchen. The sound of refrigerator thermostat turning motor on & off can wake you up. No outside noise- I was on ground flr. overlooking parking lot & never heard the cars outside the window as they left.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Dont Believe what other people say Yes this Hotels is Basic But it does the Job for an average rate of $60 a night.

The hotel is in good location for easy access to the I275 the beach is within 30 minutes drive away. But it is very close to the main road so at time there is traffic noise.

If your wanting a cheap play to stay but a fridge cooking unit and free laundry you cant ask for more.

Staff are very helpful, rooms are a bit tired but OK just remember that people are allowed to cook in there rooms so sometime when you are walking to you room you can smell what others are cooking.

Hotels pool is good as it never gets used and there are plenty of sunbeds but it can be a bit shady at time from the sun due to trees.

To the side of the hotel the is a BBQ Area supply with FREE gas and cooking items at the back of the hotel is a dog walking area which is great if you want to bring your best friend here.

I would stay here again if i was in the area as there is a Holiday inn and a Express down the road charging over $100 dollars a night Why stay there when this hotel does the same JOB and let you cook your own food and washing

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Clearwater? Share your experiences!