“Great Stay... some work to do!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center

You added Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13625 Icot Boulevard, Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
March, Cambridgeshire
“Great Stay... some work to do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay, and a special mention to the GM Jayson for taking the time to come and meet with me to resolve some issues.
This hotel has spacious family suites (we stayed room 127, which was perfect for 2 Adults, 2 Children) the rooms are well equipped and have an excellent oversize shower.The swimming pool was heated to 85 degrees all year, and the hot tub was exactly that. We were provided with towels at reception for the pool, and it was excellent for the kids who were itching to get to the beach while the adults were busy organising the day!
Easy to find, even for a tourist, and plenty of free car parking. We used the priority club restaurant finder to discover Mugs on Missouri, which was 5 miles away and was amazing too.
So the work to do: Coffee and Cookies are offered available in the lobby all day - just make sure the coffee is hot, fresh and available, and that the cookie dish is never left empty. If you are going to offer it, then you must deliver that promise! Secondly, breakfast is served 0630-0930 Seven Days a Week. Guys, you need to offer breakfast until 1100 on a Saturday and Sunday for your Leisure travellers. Not everyone wants to keep business hours when on holiday - and remember you are close to the beach!! Finally, there was no recognition of PCR status. This can be difficult in a HIEx, however in the UK it is overcome with a couple of bottles of mineral water and a bar of chocolate in the room with a note from the GM extending their welcome. Easy fix!
I'm sure Jayson will have it all in hand.
Thanks again for a great stay!

Room Tip: Room 127 is close to reception, oversize shower, and easily sleeps 2 Adults and 2 Children.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Tristan,
It was a pleasure having you as a Royal Ambassador stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Clearwater ICOT. Thank you for your wonderfuls comments of our spacious family suites and the oversized shower which is my favorite as well. Our heated pool and the jacuzzi is always ready for all guests to enjoy. We apologize that at the time you were checking in we ran out of cookies due to them going very quick since they are very popular with our guests. I will make sure coffee is out and hot at all times. Our hotel has added a wonderful program for all Priority Club Members at check in. All PC Members will get the chance to spin the wheel and win a Prize! I look forward to your future stay with us on your next road trip to Clearwater, FL.

727.536.7275

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Venice, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have a lot of experience with Holiday Inn Express, but this had a few nice surprises. The suite is really a suite! There is a door that closes between the living room area and the bedroom area. This is especially useful if one person goes to bed early or gets up early. It is also helpful to deaden sound from the hallway. The bed is in an alcove that is a little tight for a king size bed. The space between the window (which actually opens a little)and the bed is very tight. On the plus side the bathroom is generous and there is a large walk in tile shower, no bathtub to deal with. There is also a 2nd sink outside the bathroom which is a very nice feature. The living room sofa, TV, computer and coffee/refrigerator area are compact but adequate. We got decent wifi. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the pool/hot tub area outside. The Ulmerton/US 19 location puts you in a good spot to head in any direction.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms over the front door because that is where the smokers go and it will drift into your...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Hotzim,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Clearwater ICOT. We are glad that you had the pleasure in spending the night in one of our comfortable guestroom suites. I totally agree with your comments regarding the extra privacy in our guestroom suites "There is a door that closes between the living room area and the bedroom area. This is especially useful if one person goes to bed early or gets up early." The hot tub is a plus especially during this time of the year here in Florida. I look forward to keeping in touch and hope to see you soon in your future travels to Clearwater.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights in the beginning of January for a beach getaway. When we got to Clearwater however, the weather was rainy and we were not able to spend much time at the beach. This would usually bother me, because I like to get up and leave the hotel as soon as possible, but the Holiday Inn Express was such a nice, clean and comfortable hotel, that I had no problem sleeping in and hanging out in the room for a little while longer than I usually do. The bed was so comfortable and clean, the room was very spacious and we had free WIFI. I must say, I am never disappointed with the Holiday Inn hotel chain, and this hotel did not disappoint me either! Bathrooms were fully stocked with everything we needed and then some! (Lotions, tissues, etc.) And as always, there was a sign saying that if we had forgotten anything, that we can always call the front desk, which I love. It is always comforting to know that you are staying at a hotel where the staff truly cares and will help you out if need be. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Clearwater area!

Room Tip: Great hotel in Clearwater area!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. All staff members, including our Executive Housekeeping Manager, Guadalupe, pride ourselves in exceeding guest expectations. Keep us updated on when the "BIG" day is... congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Coming from a frequent traveler like myself who has traveled with all hotel chains this one is by far my #1 choice. The staff was friendly, large rooms, excellent breakfast I couldn't ask for more. The most creative check in experience out of all hotels i have seen and i was able to win priority club points. Excellent restaurant walking distance that i recommend is Kobe's an excellent Japanese restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank You for this wonderful review. It was our pleasure to make sure you enjoyed your time here at the Holiday Inn Express Clearwater ICOT. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Clearwater.

Jayson Rivera and the Entire Staff
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been to many holiday Inn Expresses, this one is the best so far. I have stayed here on three seperate occassions and have nothing but great things to say about the staff, the room cleanliness and inviting little charm of this hotel. The free Breakfast had good choices and the staff worked very hard to not run out of any of the items. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back about your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Clearwater ICOT. I will share this information with the staff and more importantly our breakfast staff. We would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when you are in the Clearwater area.
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Arrived to this hotel on November 25th for 5 nights. First impression as i entered the walkway to the room, was that based on the smell of the carpet. As we entered the room, after a 10 second inspection, I already noticed that the pillowhad a pen/marker blotch on it that was facing me. I was immediately furious. Anyway, I did not use this pillow and went to bed after a long day of travelling. After I got out the bed the next morning, I noticed that the sheet I was sleeping on had a blotch on it as well. I left the cover sheets down so housekeeping would see it and to my surprise, Monday evening I returned with the bed made up with the same blotched sheet. I called and asked for housekeeping to have it changed. There had been some old pieces of tape behind the desk between both beds and up to day 5 after checking out it was still there along with an old trident chewing gum paper.
A friend of mine who I invited along on my trip with me also came and rented a room at the hotel. He was give room 135 which was one room beside mine. While at the check in counter, he was given a form to sign saying that there would be no smoking in the room, only to go to the room and open the door and smell the place similar to a chimney. We went and told housekeeping and got the room changed to Room 133.
Long and short, very laid back hotel. Doesnt seem to care about personal hygiene in relations to housekeeping. Sean from Customer service was very helpful. One morning my sister who checked in with me was out having breakfast and the front desk assistant lady asked her for her ID. As if to say she was a stray person in there having breakfast. That brings me to the time where we were in the lobby on Wednesday and saw a lady from outside who DEFINITELY was not staying at the hotel, go to the front desk assistant and ask if she could have a cookie and a fruit in which he said yes.
MANAGEMENT, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary hotel stay experience. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you want to go to Clearwater, this is the hotel you should stay at. It is close to the beach, and a number of good restaurants and other attractions (movie theater, Putt-Putt). Also, there is a complimentary Cont. breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JaysonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I'm so happy to hear all of your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations with the value of your stay. Our complimentary amenities and hotel cleanliness makes business travel even easier. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center? Share your experiences!