“Good clean comfortable hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, CA
“Good clean comfortable hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good clean hotel very close to where I was doing business. A little off the very busy main road which makes it quieter even when you are out at the pool, but makes for a long walk if you want to walk to next door restaurants or hike across the street. If driving, it is very convenient with lots of amenities within easy driving distance. The rooms are comfortable and the A/C was quite effective, but a little loud for me so I kept it off on the second. No big deal because the room stayed comfortable as is. Lots of electrical outlets so I didn't need to break out the power strip to charge and run everything. Wifi was not very good but fast enough for emails and message boards. Lighting in the room was excellent with lots of lamps.

The breakfast was buffet style with plenty to choose from and the trays were kept full. Service (for coffee) was good and they were attentive to keeping the cup full if you wanted. For printing out boarding passes etc, there were workstations conveniently located near the front desk and a printer. Desk staff was friendly and attentive. Thank you!

All around, it was a very good hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to choose it again on a future trip.

Room Tip: All rooms were good and far enough from the street that there would be no noise with any room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This a great hotel to stay at. What makes it an awesome stay is the staff. The customer service is incredible !! Dave , one of the Suttle drivers , is amazing ! What excellent service he gave us. Deja, at the front desk , was incredibly helpful and friendly.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tracy F, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Our entire team at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg/Clearwater would like to thank you for sharing such kind words on TripAdvisor. We all appreciate the time you have taken to express how incredibly helpful and friendly our staff had been during your recent stay. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg/Clearwater.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been staying there quite a bit lately because of business. Can't say enough good things about the staff. Dave the shuttle driver has been amazing. He has suggested and taken us to local restaurants and is always happy to help us with anything we need. Kudos to DAVE.....everyone that I have encounter while there cannot say enough good things about him.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share such kind words on TripAdvisor. All of us at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg/Clearwater strive to provide the best service in today’s lodging industry. We are all very grateful to hear that Dave has exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg/Clearwater.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Four gold stars are recommended for this fine facility.
We were supposed to be staying at a resort on St. Pete Beach. Due to a reservation problem needed three rooms for nine people at the very last minute. Upon arrival I was greeted at the front desk by Michael. I explained to Michael what had happened at the other facility and he reassured me that he would do his best to help me. Michael got us three rooms together on the second floor. He was very calm and patient with some very frazzled travelers. Over the course of the evening as I would walk by the desk Michael would call out to me to ascertain that all was well.

We made use of the restaurant/sport bar for dinner on Friday and drinks on Saturday. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. The rooms were neat and clean. Wi-fi reception was very good. The teens loved the pool.
All of the hotel staff made us feel very welcome. They smiled and made eye contact as they spoke to us. We were made to feel l at home.
I will go back there in the future and I certainly will recommend this facility to my friends. In fact, I already have!
Kudos to Michael and the rest of the staff for turning a terrile Friday night into a very nice weekend for us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your recent experience with us at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg/Clearwater hotel on TripAdvisor. The pleasure was all ours to have your party of 9 stay with us. During the busy spring break months we understand how difficult travel plans can be and are so glad Michael was able to assist and exceed your expectations during a frantic time. Although we are not a beach property we are happy to hear that the amenities of our hotel pool/spa and our Aviators Bar and Grill was enjoyed during your stay. We truly look forward to your future stay with us when you return to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area.
Soenderborg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having 72 teenage girls staying at a hotel may be a challenge to most hotels - but at Holiday Inn, St. Petersburg we were met by the world´s most friendly and helpful staff. Thank you for a fantastic week at your hotel and thanks for all your kindness and patience with such a large group. I warmly recommend this hotels for other groups and would love to stay with you again. Lot´s of space, delicious food, helpful and kind staff, big and cosy rooms - and most important - a positive atmosphere whatever needs we had. Thank you!

Room Tip: perfect hotel for groups
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North/Clearwater team thank you for your kind words shared on TripAdvisor. Having your group stay with us was our pleasure and to all of our delight we thank you as well for sharing your beautiful singers with us. We all have enjoyed the live performances as well as your thoughtful gift of CD’s for our team. We look forward to having your group stay with us again when in St. Petersburg/Clearwater Florida.
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Phone, TV, and internet all didn't work. We alerted the front desk and they had a pretty much asked us what the big deal was, as opposed to asking how they could help us. The room smelled musty, and there were stains on the chairs. When we told them we were leaving, the front desk people fist bumped right in front of us and said, "We're done with them." We are now at a SpringHill Suites next door and much happier.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jay W,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to share on TripAdvisor. However this is very disheartening to hear of your experience. We have done some research to address your concerns and we are not showing any records of you and your families stay, or lack of. Please contact me directly so we can address the issues and make it right with you.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a confirmed reservation with this hotel. I arrived at 11:30pm from an exhausted day of work and flight delays. I walked in the door and the woman behind the desk greeted me by my first name. I asked how she knew my name and her response was:
"Because you are the last person with a reservation who hasn't checked in yet. But, we've overbooked by one person so we don't have a room for you."
I was stunned. I told her I had a confirmation number and she just pointed out the door and said, "There's a Ramada across the street." I asked again, "Are you serious?" and she just turned her back on me. They never offered a single apology or compensation or anything. It was spring break in Clearwater, so every single decent hotel was completely booked.

From my prior stays, I already thought this hotel was a little below par, but after this experience I will not stay here, or at any other Holiday Inn, again.

Luckily, I had meetings with the company site leader the next day and he took this hotel off of GE's preferred hotel lists.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lynda A,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of your previous encounter with us. This was a very unfortunate situation and you are a valued guest. We would like to discuss with you a way to reconcile your current impression of us. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!