“Business Meeting” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Waterford, Michigan, United States
“Business Meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been here a few times before and the staff is very nice and always helpful. The breakfast buffet is always very good but this time we had our meeting in the hotel instead of our home office down the road. The meeting room was nice and I liked how we had our own small table top refrigerator for the soda's but the luncheon menu was a bit confusing and our VP order a salad and it was not what she thought and the crackers were stale. Many of our group complained about their lunch and the limited menu. We will continue to stay here but I doubt if we will have a meeting here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Louis,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay experience with us. I apologize you found your lunch not to be as you had expected, All menu items are clearly outlined and signed off on by the client and the manager. I apologize for the stale appearance of the crackers. This is a first. We are known for the quality of our banquet food so I am very taken back by this negative feedback and did address immediately with the F & B director. Just an FYI, You can always schedule a tasting at no cost when selecting food items for an event. We hope you give us another chance in the future.
We are pleased that you will continue to stay with us. Until next time have a fabulous Holiday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:
-Employees were friendly and helpful.
-Rooms look updated.
-After a complaint about the mold in the first room, we were moved into another room where we did not smell the mold.
-The beds were soft and comfortable and the pillows were just right.
-Hot breakfast buffet with a special rate package. $10 otherwise. They use a raffle-type ticket system so you get the tickets up front upon check in. You serve yourself from the buffet area and members from the food and beverage department bring drinks like coffee and water. Then they leave a check for each individual at your table. You use the ticket like cash and place it in the bill holder. Tip is expected and not included.
-The food in the bar was tasty. We ordered the chicken with pasta and a salad.
-The bar was comfortable. Big tv's with sports on each one and a nice long sofa seating area for hanging out. They had billiards and other games as well.

Cons:
-Our first room was very musty/moldy smelling. I'm highly allergic to mold.
-The ceiling is very high in the lobby which carries voices and noise. Additionally, there is no wall blocking the noise in the lobby from the rooms so, if it's noisy, you can hear it from every floor.
-There is currently construction on Ulmerton Road. Not the hotel's fault but it does slow down traffic in the area and make turning into the nearby establishments difficult until you get used to it. Call ahead to ask when construction will be completed if this bothers you.
-The service at the bar was slow. The bartender was responsible for the bar and all of the tables. He was very sweet but he had to leave his post to run to the kitchen, which was not connected to the bar, in order to pick up our food.
-While eating at the bar, my husband found a shard from a glass or a plate in his salad. He unknowingly bit on it, hurting his tongue and teeth. The server and manager were very responsive and concerned. The meal was comped.

Overall we had a good time. We weren't in any hurry and the people were nice. There is a Starbucks, CVS and a gas station nearby so it is conveniently located. There are also several other hotels on either side of this one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear VJoi,
We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to offer feedback from your recent experience. I like how you separated the pro's and cons. I have discussed the food and beverage situation with our F& B director, I can promise you an immediate change with staffing to ensure these mishaps never occur again. We look forward to welcoming you back any time.
Cambridge, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I had originally booked into Springhill Suites (which turned out to be on other side of parking lot), but colleague couldn't get a room so he booked us in to the Holiday Inn. Having read the reviews I was not expecting a great stay, and I was not disappointed.

Rooms were small - no room to walk between desk chair and bed, and the corridors felt claustrophobic, with low ceilings. Internet worked, but was not fast.

Breakfast - poor selection of food.

Certainly I will look elsewhere if I have to visit area again, and this hotel will not attract me back to the IHG chain..

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear ashgreen,
Springhill is a newer hotel and a different chain than Holiday Inn. We appreciate your feedback and I apologize our brand did not meet your expectation when traveling. As a full service midscale brand we pride ourselves on service and making all of our feel like home. We wish everyone loved us, however I wish you the best in all your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I wanted to give a special thanks to Mike he was outstanding with helping us around the hotel and getting around from the moment we arrived. The bed and sheets are nice and clean and very soft I was also pleased with the size of the room.. Leslie the bartender (Fantastic drinks..) she went above and beyond her responsibility to make sure that we were pleased ♡ u!. My crew & I will be going back to see her! I would make a suggestion to get another van to accommodate all the seminars but Mike and Robert made every trip so enjoyable, we barely had to wait maybe 3 to 5 minutes. All in all I am looking forward to returning in January for another seminar to see my new friends everyone I have listed below goes above and beyond any hotel courtesy we have ever had, we look forward to seeing you ALL again in January.

Mike ( Amazing Shuttle driver)
Leslie(Amazing bartender, great Personality)
Sam (Fantastic singer, and Bartender)
Sean (Amazing Bartender)
Whitney (Very Caring Manager, always smiling! )
Kayla (Genuinely sweet &very helpful)
Jason (Fun bartender)
thanks guys for making my stay very enjoyable :-)

Brooke S.

Room Tip: Rooms are great soft sheets & mattress.
Green Features: I couldn't be happier with the staff I listed above!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Brooke S,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am excited to share this review with our staff. Your positive experience is valuable to our success. Unfortunately 2 shuttles is all we will have. This is more than most hotels. Transportation is never guaranteed and is based on availability. Your company is more than welcome to provide added transportation during your stay. I will be sure to thank and reward each team member you mentioned and we look forward to seeing you in January.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014 via mobile

Hotel has good location.
Thru-out 2 week stay, there were inconveniences.
1. Very slow service in bar/ restaurant. Seemed understaffed. Food lukewarm. Waited 50 minutes for sandwich and fries when bar empty. Waitress blamed it on" all the people being non social and ordering room service"

2. Vacuuming in hallway 939p

3. Hot tub broken for 1-2 days

4. TERRIBLE Internet!! Was down 2 days and the intermittently would fail.

5. Mike is the best asset to this hotel as shuttle driver. Did his best to coordinate.20 minute wait turned into 1hour 10 minutes.

6. Printer not working to print boarding passes.

7. Fire alarms middle of the night.

8. Had a piece of mail logged in 11/1. No message from front desk. On my own, stopped and retrieved 11/6.

8. Most important- the feeling that all these problems will be blamed on guests by manager. Not a welcoming feeling.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Monica D,
Thank you for your feedback. I have addressed your restaurant experience with our Food and Beverage Director to ensure t his is not an issue moving forward. The vacuuming at 10 at night was also discussed with our Housekeeping department, this is not acceptable. Hot tub broken, this was an unfortunate event, there were other guests staying around same time as you and were rough housing ion the hot tub and broke it. As soon as we found out about it we called out a tech and a part was ordered. We are working immediately to update our wifi to accommodate our recent spike in occupancy. Shuttle service, we do our best to handle personal meal and shopping requests along with our required airport and corporate runs, now because of the complaints we have decided to no longer offer shuttle service other than business and airport. Printer is always a concern because some of our guests like to change settings, with that we have ordered a Airline Kiosk that will be used only for boarding pass printing. I will never apologize for a fire alarm going off. This is a life safety issue and Guest Safety is my #1 priority and YEA our fire system works. The mail issue, this has never been an issue before and sorry it fell short for you.Thank you for proving feedback so we can be better at what we do.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I stay at this property one or two times a year and have been staying here for a couple of years now. There is nothing wrong per-say with this property, however it does have a very outdated feel.

Common areas are clean, rooms and clean, however this last visit the sleep quality was terrible. The mattress seemed lumpy and the pillows didn't have their normal feather-like softness.

This hotel gets the job done if you're there for a business trip or need something close to the PIE airport (it doesn't get any closer than this!)

Staff was friendly and the bar staff is nice too!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dearest jbliv,
I appreciate your feedback. We are pleased you chose us each time your visit the area. I am sorry you feel the hotel has an outdated feel. Yes, I agree we could replace the carpet throughout the hotel, however our furnishings are very modern. Not quite sure what you are looking for? I will look into the mattress, however our pillows are all brand new per our Holiday Inn brand Standard. You can always contact our front desk for a room move if your mattress did not feel right which would allow us to investigate. In addition we do offer alternative Feather pillows on request just for your future information. We appreciate that you found the bar staff to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The only thing at this property better than the amenities are the people. I do many reviews for many hotels, restaurants etc.
This Holiday Inn is amazing, they truly care and you will leave wanting to comeback!
Austin is a Top Manager, promote him as his heart and his hospitality is second to none. True gentleman!
Precious is the gem here, the glue, if you will at the front desk.
I want to thank her and apologize for keeping her 30 minutes over her shift. She needs to be running a hotel, for real. There's no other Holiday Inn I would rather be visiting and ALL TEN'S and more from the manager to the bellmen!
Don't waste your money at the
"Other" big chain, pick Holiday Inn (especially Clearwater North). Thanks again to everyone.
Mr. R. Eon Jr, CEO,
Delray Direct Media, LLC since 1994

• Stayed October 2014
Roger E,
WOW. We are ecstatic about your review. Thank you so much. We appreciate your feedback. With everyone living in a fast paced world, taking the time to let the hotel and our future guests know of the experience you received while staying with us. I have posted this review so our team can see that their hard work is not going unnoticed by taking acre of the guest. We welcome you back anytime. Best Regard.

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!