“Average...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Average...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We got to this hotel at 11:30 p.m, after being switched from another hotel who had overbooked, flight delays, etc. The lady behind the front desk (can't pronounce her name) was seriously the rudest lady I've ever encountered. When we asked for the manager's card to talk about the charges/being switched...etc, she replied, "it's over there, you can go find it yourselves." No exaggerations. The next morning, we went back down to the front desk and had a super friendly lady!

On a higher note, the rooms were very nice and updated. The location was close to almost everything. The hotel itself was great. I guess just keep your fingers crossed that you get a friendly staff member.

Stayed April 2013
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for putting some kind words on a not so nice situation. I want you to know the way you were treated was not acceptable and we would like to make up for it. Please contact me so we may discuss the situation. I want to make it right. We have addressed the issue with the employee.

I look forward to your call and making this situation right.

Shawn Stan, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Madeira Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, and very clean. The staff are friendly, and go out of their way to ensure you're enjoying yourself and having no problems. The airport shuttle service was quick and saved us a lot of money versus airport parking costs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great comments. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed everything. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They attended to my every need. It made my trip to Florida even more awesome. Definitely a home away from home. My favorite part were the beds. After a long day of traveling, it felt nice to sink into them. It was wonderful to come back to see a clean room after the cleaning staff had finished. The hotel property itself was really nice and fancy. Aa definite recommendation to my friends and family. Thank you so much for this.

Room Tip: The pillows/beds are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We look forward to your future visits.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although a beautiful lobby, they should have put some of that investment into their rooms. We stayed in wheelchair accessible room 108. As soon as I rolled in, I was not impressed. Room was only average size and barely gave me the required turning radius needed to get from bed to hallway. The bathroom was adequate but there was no access to the tub to transfer from WC to the tub. Theres nothing like dragging myself across the floor to take a bath. Then there's the clothes hangers. They were lying on the floor next to the ironing board that was propped against the wall. Why? Because there was NO closet in the room. Not even a rod. Really? Come on Holiday Inn, people in wheelchairs like to hang up clothes too. Needless to say, not impressed and won't be back. BTW, when I addressed this with the staff, I received only a blank stare and then the customary apology.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are very sorry to hear about the problems during your stay. I have tried to contact you several times and have been unsuccessful. Please contact me as I would like the opportunity to make this situation right.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought I was going to stay at a nice Holiday Inn - since the lobby looks renovated, but the service and rooms were terrible.

Almost all the rooms are attached rooms, so good luck trying to get some sleep if the next room is blasting the TV or talking loudly. The bathroom had a sagging popcorn ceiling and damp stale stench. The bathroom floor wasn't clean either.

Keep your shoes on when walking over the carpet. It doesn't feel clean. And the chair/ottoman has stains on it. I couldn't sit on it.

The night service was also poor. I called numerous times to the front desk, but they kept hanging up on me. When I finally when I finally went down to the front desk I knew why - they only had one person dealing with phones and checking in guests. It wasn't her fault, but poor management on HI's part.

There are lots of other hotels next to this Holiday Inn, so next time I'll choose another hotel, so long Holiday Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear your stay was less than desirable. Please feel free to contact me so I can make it right. We take pride in delivering service and it seems we did not do so in this case. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staff are polite and professional, very accommodating.
Rooms clean,comfortable
The food in the resturaunt is very good.-they aim to please-Buffet was good.
Pool area was clean and comfortable
Free shuttle to airport, shopping or resturaunts

Room Tip: End unit less traffic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked a surprise party in the ballroom for my mother in law's 75th birthday, and booked multiple rooms for overnight. Every member of the staff that I dealt with (from front desk to sales to food & beverage and everyone in between) was professional and friendly. I booked 3 rooms, and at least 4 other rooms were booked by friends/family for the night. I didn't hear or have one complaint, about anything.
When choosing food for the dinner party (55 guests) I assumed it would be basic, decent banquet food.... I am happy to report that I had no less than 25 people tell me (for days) how amazing the food was!
I am already looking for another opportunity to book this property, mini vacation or another party perhaps!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are very glad to hear your event went well. I'm happy that everyone had an amazing time. We look forward to any future events you may have.

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

General manager

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!