“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seminole, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They attended to my every need. It made my trip to Florida even more awesome. Definitely a home away from home. My favorite part were the beds. After a long day of traveling, it felt nice to sink into them. It was wonderful to come back to see a clean room after the cleaning staff had finished. The hotel property itself was really nice and fancy. Aa definite recommendation to my friends and family. Thank you so much for this.

Room Tip: The pillows/beds are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We look forward to your future visits.

Shawn Stan, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although a beautiful lobby, they should have put some of that investment into their rooms. We stayed in wheelchair accessible room 108. As soon as I rolled in, I was not impressed. Room was only average size and barely gave me the required turning radius needed to get from bed to hallway. The bathroom was adequate but there was no access to the tub to transfer from WC to the tub. Theres nothing like dragging myself across the floor to take a bath. Then there's the clothes hangers. They were lying on the floor next to the ironing board that was propped against the wall. Why? Because there was NO closet in the room. Not even a rod. Really? Come on Holiday Inn, people in wheelchairs like to hang up clothes too. Needless to say, not impressed and won't be back. BTW, when I addressed this with the staff, I received only a blank stare and then the customary apology.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are very sorry to hear about the problems during your stay. I have tried to contact you several times and have been unsuccessful. Please contact me as I would like the opportunity to make this situation right.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought I was going to stay at a nice Holiday Inn - since the lobby looks renovated, but the service and rooms were terrible.

Almost all the rooms are attached rooms, so good luck trying to get some sleep if the next room is blasting the TV or talking loudly. The bathroom had a sagging popcorn ceiling and damp stale stench. The bathroom floor wasn't clean either.

Keep your shoes on when walking over the carpet. It doesn't feel clean. And the chair/ottoman has stains on it. I couldn't sit on it.

The night service was also poor. I called numerous times to the front desk, but they kept hanging up on me. When I finally when I finally went down to the front desk I knew why - they only had one person dealing with phones and checking in guests. It wasn't her fault, but poor management on HI's part.

There are lots of other hotels next to this Holiday Inn, so next time I'll choose another hotel, so long Holiday Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear your stay was less than desirable. Please feel free to contact me so I can make it right. We take pride in delivering service and it seems we did not do so in this case. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staff are polite and professional, very accommodating.
Rooms clean,comfortable
The food in the resturaunt is very good.-they aim to please-Buffet was good.
Pool area was clean and comfortable
Free shuttle to airport, shopping or resturaunts

Room Tip: End unit less traffic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked a surprise party in the ballroom for my mother in law's 75th birthday, and booked multiple rooms for overnight. Every member of the staff that I dealt with (from front desk to sales to food & beverage and everyone in between) was professional and friendly. I booked 3 rooms, and at least 4 other rooms were booked by friends/family for the night. I didn't hear or have one complaint, about anything.
When choosing food for the dinner party (55 guests) I assumed it would be basic, decent banquet food.... I am happy to report that I had no less than 25 people tell me (for days) how amazing the food was!
I am already looking for another opportunity to book this property, mini vacation or another party perhaps!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are very glad to hear your event went well. I'm happy that everyone had an amazing time. We look forward to any future events you may have.

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

General manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights on business wouldn't want to go back. Rooms and corridors pretty stark and basic. Carpets in common areas stained and grubby. Breakfast basic and low quality ingredients. I'm sure there must be better places than this in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me the next time your in town and allow us an opportunity to change your mind. I also would be interested in specific changes you would like to see at the property. We are always looking to make it better.

727-577-9100
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and I am always very satisfied with the accommodations and with the staff. The hotel has an upscale contemporary feel and the rooms are always neat and clean. I would have given this location an excellent rating if they had more choices on their breakfast buffet. The food they serve is well prepared but I would like more fresh fruits and a better assortment of breakfast breads and danish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. We appreciate all the great comments. We are reviewing our selection on the buffet and hope to have some new items very soon. We look forward to your next visit.

Shawn Stan, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!