“A nice surprise stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
MALONE
“A nice surprise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had stayed here before an was pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel had been nicely spruced up...new carpeting and appointments...the front desk greeted us with a friendly smile and had a packet for us of free drink tickets as well as breakfast coupons for each day of our stay...new staff in the bar/lounge were very friendly and efficient and had all kinds of enthusiasm...the waiter went out of his way to make sure we were happy and later the main bartender came out from the bar to our table to welcome us and make sure we were happy...haven't seen that in a long time...the room was well appointed and clean and comfortable...although I didn't like the pillows (I'm very picky about pillows)...breakfast buffet was well stocked and the wait staff friendly...overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: bring your own pillow if you are a pillow guru
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I'm sorry to hear the pillows were not to your liking. We do offer alternatives and should have our new pillows for your next stay. We are changing the brand of pillows we currently use. So we look forward to your comments on you next stay and appreciate you letting us know ways we can make our hotel, and your stay, even better.

Shawn Stan, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I frequently travel and stay in hotels several times a week...This hotel by far exceeds any expectation you could hope for during your travels...The location and staff is great, the rooms are super clean and cozy and they have a nice sports bar to unwind in after a long day to enjoy a nice beverage and watch your game on there nice flat screen t.v's...I highly recommend staying here...Thanks for giving me a great and comfortable place to stay when I'm in town!

• Stayed February 2013
We appreciate the great review. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay with us better.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Business brings me to Clearwater quite often, so I'm always looking from a great place to stay. Well this one's tops on my list! The rooms were immaculate, the staff top-notch and the breakfast buffet rivals most five-star hotels I've stayed at. Best yet, there's an awesome sports bar right off the lobby. What more can a weary traveler ask for? Thanks to Shawn and his team for making me feel at home when I'm so far from home. -- Ed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shawn S, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We appreciate the great review. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guest leaves happy. We hope to see you again very soon.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay in this hotel often when I come into town.Pricing is very resonable, The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The whole establishment is very inviting. I visited the restraunt while I was staying there and great service there as well. I would recommend this hotel to stay in for all types of stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in delivering exceptional service. We are glad we are able to accomplish that on a consistent basis. We look forward to your next visit.

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stay here once a month and because of the high quality of the establishment, we take getaways just to stay here. Its close to all the good stuff without all the congestion. Staff is always courteous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I very glad to hear you enjoy your stay with us. If there is every anything we can do to make it better, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I traveled with a band group this past weekend and our highschool had selected the Holiday Inn as the host hotel. I had to call in to modify my reservations and was transferred to the sales department. I had the pleasure of working directly with Bob...I believe he is the Director of Sales for the hotel and the person responsible for booking in our group. He was wonderful and clearly takes pride in his job and his hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel looks to be recently renovated - very modern and the wifi worked great. From my first interaction with Bob, staff at check in and during breakfast, to my departure everyone at the Holiday Inn was great. Kudos to the staff and thank you! We will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.

727.577.9100
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent many nights in this hotel and my stay was superb. The front desk was always willing to help when I had questions and were courteous to my needs. Breakfast service is great and was complementary with many different choices of food unlike many of their competitors. Service in the food area was awesome, unfortunately my work required me to be out much before breakfast was served. The location is great and next to two very nice high end restaurants as well as quick and fast casual.
The rooms were very clean and furniture looked very new. If your room is far from center on the first floor internet connection is poor. On the 3rd floor I had no problems. Very nice hotel, and if you need car rental Dollar has a location on site.

Room Tip: Choose close to center, Internet connection is the best.Refrain from first floor if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel. I'm sorry to hear internet reception was a problem during your stay. We are installing more Wireless Access Points to ensure every room has nothing but the best reception. I appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention and look forward to your future stays with us.

gm@theclearwaterhotel.com
727.577.9100

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!