“A good value.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“A good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night for work and it was fine. What made it "four stars" was the price. I paid an advanced rate of $80/night and for the area, you really can't beat that. The bed was super comfy and the hotel itself was somewhat updated, although a lot of the updates were done sparingly and the age of the property does show.

But again, for under $100/night and a decent night's sleep, it's worth it. I would not recommend this for a vacation, mostly due to the busy surroundings and being right behind the airport, but it's great for business or a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact us directly or via our website when looking for specials for this location.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

we stayed at this Hoildy Inn because of it's location. The fact that they have a 24 hour complementary shuttle is a great big bonus!!! We checked in on a Friday evening, the staff was friendly and helped me with the locations of places I may be interested in seeing. The lobby was bright and clean. It felt very comfortable. We arrived to our room that was clean and presentable. The AC was set at a perfect temperature. It even smelled clean!!! We got ready for our evening out and was extremely happy that the shuttle was ready for us!!! Upon our return back to the hotel I was stoked to learn that the pool was open 24 hours!! It was wonderful to take a quick dip before retiring for the night, even at 2am!!! We slept comfortably and even enjoyed good food and great service for breakfast!! There is no doubt that I would return to this hotel when I return to Clearwater!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about the facility and staff. I'm glad we were able to change your impression of us because after some of the difficulties with your previous stay. Glad to also see you have been back to the facility since. The staff and I look forward to seeing you in the future and the chance to make every stay great.

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week while moving. The staff was very friendly and nice. They were over the top helpful with us and letting us use the fax machine for our real estate documents. The hotel is very clean. If you request a mini refridgerator they will put one in your room free of charge. Rooms are clean and there is a good wireless signal. I would give it four stars but because the entire staff was so great, I am giving it five stars.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the complements for our hard working staff and glad everything was to your satisfaction. I hope that you can recommend us to friends and family. We also hope you are enjoying your new home.

Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I do business with HSN. This Holiday Inn is about 5 minutes away from their offices so it could not be more convenient. For those flying into the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area, the hotel is adjacent to the airport. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and attractive and the rooms are comfortable, with free wi-fi, flat panel TVs, plenty of AC outlets to plug in all my electronics and a good work area.
Priority Club members get even more perks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but since it does adjoin and airport, you may hear a plane now and then. Not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful comments concerning the hotel and staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to seeking you in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any future questions or needs you may have.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Rude staff including the bartenders who only stock the bar once a week. They were out of everything. The floors were filthy, and the manager was completely unresponsive. Try the Fairlfeild Inn next door instead. It's head and shoulders a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I'm sorry to hear your stay in July 2011 wasn't a good one. I have been at this location since August 2011 and am working very hard to continue to improve the product and service. This includes our great sports bar. As seen by other comments here on Trip Advisor, I feel we are accomplishing just that. We have had a complete change of attitude since your stay and I would like an opportunity to prove it to you. I want you to be the judge of our success or lack there of. Please contact me directly and allow me to prove to you that it is better, at our expense of course.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to make you a satisfied guest.

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

It has been about 6 months since my last trip to this hotel and it still lives up to the very good rating I originally gave it. Checkin was a breeze, the room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was good and the sports bar was great!

I would like to commend Mike who works in the resturant (during breakfast). Holiday Inn should use him as a trainer for the folks at other Holiday Inn properties. Very nice individual!

If you are a member of the Holiday Inn priority club be sure to get your 25% breakfast discount during checkin!

Will stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences in our hotel. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed it again. I hope that you are a member of our Priority Club program so you are able to get points for your frequent stays at our location. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to sign up.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and I will make sure I share them with our staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

As a business Traveler I travel 300 days a year and have stayed in many hotels. When I am a market for a while I seek out a hotel that makes me feel at home, has friendly employees and great accomadations.
I have stayed in many hotels in the Tampa/St Petersburg area and I have found a gem.
The Holiday inn St. Petersburg Clearwater Airport is a must stay.
From the time you check in to time you check out they treat you like you are the only guest.
If a problem arises they will make sure they resolve immediately to your satisfaction.
A must visit is the Aviators Sports bar.The food, staff and high def tv's are great.
The service is immpecable, Bartender/server Ashley is awesome, she is so sweet, very personable and always makes sure she accomadates your needs with a smile . So the next time you are in the Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater Area stay here and you won't be dissappointed

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater? Share your experiences!