“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bend, Oregon
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I recently spent one night at this Sleep Inn before returning home from a trip to Florida. Although the hotel is right adjacent to the St. Pete Airport, noise was not a factor. We flew out of the Tampa airport and the commute on a Saturday morning was very quick. This Sleep Inn has a fairly good size room which is nice when one is repacking everything for the return flight home. The amenities etc. are fairly "cookie cutter" in nature so there are few surprises. I would use this hotel again for another trip to the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were travelling through several areas of Florida on vacation. My partner and I, our two teenage sons (14 and 18), and our daughter (11) needed a place to stay in the Tampa Bay area. We had planned a baseball game at Tropicana Field, 2 days at Busch Gardens, and a day at Treasure Island beach. We needed a place that would be central to all of those places. Tropicana Field was about a 20-25 minute ride. Busch Gardens in low traffic was 25-30 minutes, high traffic about 40-45 minutes away. Treasure Island was about 30-35 minutes away. This hotel is a little over a mile directly off the highway on a main strip - very easy access, with plenty of restaurants and stores along the way. The pool area was very attractive for a smaller, budget hotel. It had a "big hotel" atmosphere as opposed to some budget hotels that just have a cement slab with a pool in the ground. The pool and hot tub were surrounded by palm trees, grass, and plenty of chairs and tables. We ordered Domino's pizza one night, and they delivered it to us right at the pool! The hotel was quiet and relaxing, as was the pool and deck.

The rooms were very clean. The double rooms had shower stalls, but I believe there may be some rooms available with tubs. When we booked this hotel, we originally wanted adjoining rooms. The only availability was a double room (for the boys) and a queen room with handicap access and fixtures. We booked those two rooms and ordered a cot to put in the queen room for our daughter. The cot was not so comfortable, but rarely are. The handicap shower/tub is nearly flat, and a drain is on the main floor of the bathroom as well as the tub to drain any water that escapes past the tub area. When I took a shower the first morning, I discovered that the water spread across the floor rather than towards the drain. I called the front desk (it was 8:00 a.m.), told them what happened and asked if we could be moved. We were in room 109, and the boys in room 107. They had an early check out from room 106, and immediately went and serviced that room. Within 20 minutes, we were ready to be moved in to that room. It took us 10 minutes to haphazardly grab everything and move it over and set up camp across the hall. The people at the desk could not have been easier to talk to, or more prompt and courteous in their response to our needs. I also inquired as to whether there was a Sam's Club nearby. The gentleman at the desk said he would go online and locate the nearest one. He called me back within 5 minutes with the address and directions. Now, this is not a roomy, luxurious place. The rooms are on the smaller side, but we weren't there to lounge around a hotel room. The decor was contemporary, clean, and very new looking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I never expected to be moved to a new room so quickly and effortlessly. The fact that I didn't have to explain, argue, or beg for a new room was really amazing. I slept well, only heard one plane while in the room (the Clearwater airport is literally in the back yard). Everyone LOVED the pillows. Every kid commented on how they wanted to bring them home. They were definitely really comfortable. The breakfast buffet was your average buffet: hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, bagels, english muffins, toast, oatmeal, 2 kinds of cold cereal, juice, danish, coffee, tea, bananas and apples. It's enough to get you going in the morning. Each day we went somewhere, we commented on how easy it was to get to it, and how well centrallized the hotel was. We paid $59.99 a night for each room. Plus with our rewards programs, we earnd nearly 4,000 points in the process. I would, without hesitation, stay there again, and I HIGHLY recommend this hotel! Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice, convenient area, great price!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

We've stayed here last year and the good service and standard has not changed. We like the fact that 15 minutes to the North is Honeymoon Island and 20 to the South is DeSoto beach. Of course you can get a hotel on one of Clearwater beaches but we prefer the quieter beaches and are willing to drive to them and pay $60 a night rather than $100+.
The rooms have always been clean, the pool area nice, the planes no big deal and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights with a small child. The room was big enough for a crib. The personnel was friendly, breakfast was decent. Nice heated pool, nice jacuzzi. Nice view of airplanes taking off and landing, if that's your thing. A bit noisy but not too bad. Rooms don't have bathtubs, only showers. Closest beach is about 25 minutes drive, depending on traffic. Stores and restaurants close by. No amazing things but a decent place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

This was a nice stay. It was a good value for the price. Breakfast was excellent and they even had good, fresh doughnuts. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, even though the Florida weather was a bit colder than normal at this time of the year. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. There were several restaurants and shops in the area. Easy interstate access. It was probably 15 minutes from the beach.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Merrillville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

The whole hotel and my room was very clean. Housekeeping does a good job. The hotel staff was friendly and ready to help with any problems. The hot tub was too cold and I requested they warm it up. The hotel staff took care of the problem quickly. It was nice relaxing in the hot tub. I liked having the Tampa Tribune newspaper delivered to my door each morning. They also have free USA Today newspapers in the lobby. I enjoyed having my own coffee in the morning in my room, as they have coffeemakers in each room. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaints are that the pillows are too soft and mushy. Also, the peepholes on the doors are too high. The hotel is very close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport, but the noise level was very tolerable. The location is good, with I-275 and tourist attractions close by. There are several fast food restaurants, a Starbucks, and CVS near the hotel. This place would've been perfect if only they had a refrigerator in every room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Very clean hotel. Fantastic service.
  • Disliked — The pillows were too soft.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

My girlfriend and I just returned from a vacation in Tampa / St. Pete area that was cut short due to Tropical Storm Faye. I have immediately family in the Pinellas Park area of Florida so we didn’t want to overcrowd their home during our visit but didn’t want to spend a fortune on a room. I was a bit skeptical when booking a Sleep Inn and even more skeptical when using my girlfriend’s work discount seeing a price of 39.99 a night. I am happy to report after a 3 day stay I have nothing overly negative to say about the property. Our room was nothing fancy but was very clean and decently comfortable. The hotel itself seems to be very quiet as we heard no noises during our 3 night stay. Housekeeping was prompt and cleaned the room daily and was always pleasant and said hello when passing in the halls. The continental breakfast was nothing fancy but was nice for such a low price. My only minor complaint is while we were using the pool area one morning there are several hornets and bees buzzing around, and we observed one guest who got stung by a hornet. Really not much the hotel can do about this situation as it is Florida and there is just a ton of bugs some of them that can sting as well, just a warning to other guests to watch out. Other than that I definitely recommend using this Sleep Inn located right off of 275 in Largo/ Clearwater as it was a pretty unbeatable value for the money.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Bees in the Pool Area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!