“Pleasantly surprised, a good deal” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Pleasantly surprised, a good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was looking for a room close to the airport, and this has to be the closest hotel, it's literally less than two minutes to the airport entrance. Jet noise was a complete non-issue. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was a good size and well appointed, clean and comfortable. My bed was extremely comfortable, firm but not hard. The supplied coffee was even a good blend. As other reviewers have commented, the shower is different. It is a decent size, but there are no corners. Where the wall meets the floor is a radius that you don't want to step on while soapy. Take Ulmerton road west and it runs directly to the gulf beach, about 10 miles.

Room Tip: I found this hotel because I was looking for one with smoking rooms. I had a first floor south faci...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you again so much and we look forward to serving you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

this hotel is close to the airport, for those that are flying in to st. pete / clearwater. there is road contruction on the highway in front of the hotel.
the room we had was a suite with plenty of room, and clean. it provided what we needed for a night after our flight in, for a cruise vacation the next day in Tampa.
we also spent a night in the same room before our flight home the next day, after the cruise.
so no complaints, the hotel provided a nights rest for us and close to the airport for our cruise, and flight out. we rented a car for one day before and after the cruise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks again.

Bhupi Patel
727-573-5049
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Clean, comfortable room that was quite enjoyable. Breakfast served was typical for Choice hotels and adequate. Keys were a bit of a problem--they easily desensitized in my wallet. Cracker Barrel restaurant is right next door, Bob Evans just down the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks again.

Sincerly,

Bhupi Patel
727-573-5049
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Like a previous reviewer, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I am moving to the area and was in town to take care of things with my new job. Since I was only there briefly and didn't want to spend a lot, I booked here. The room and the property were clean and the king room was very large. It looks recently renovated so the carpet, furniture, and decor all look new. Breakfast was good each day. I would not hesitate to book again. The hotel is adjacent to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater airport so it can get a little noisy, but honestly not enough to be a bother.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and that your stay was nothing less than excellent. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spent two nights here while in town for the Rays. Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on a room for sleeping only. The check-in was extremely fast and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was modern and had the look of a more expensive hotel than a Sleep Inn - was very pleasantly surprised.

The shower was a little small but the water pressure was good and I find that more important.

Airport noise was next to nothing - not a factor.
For the price it can't be beat.

Wanted to have dinner at Bascom's Chop House after the game but it was too late. We stopped at the Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel property. STAY AWAY - worst food ever.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014

Thank you again so much and we look forward to serving you again very soon.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times and really enjoy it.

The location is ideal, the rooms have all been updated and are very nice. I actually love the decor and the beds are awsome. I read some of the reviews about the showers and can't comment because I always ask for roll in shower which is great for older people (which we are not) LOL

The people at the front desk are very efficient and pleasant. The breakfast girl makes sure everything is filled up as soon as it becomes empty.

We have stayed here at least ten times and have never been disappointed and we will be going back July 8th and 9th.

We love eating at Bascom's Chop House which is within walking distance although we drive.

It is for sure a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 this time but may ask for the room across the hall which would face the pool. We d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I spent four nights here recently while attending a college baseball tournament. Because I needed a room for four nights near the end of a baseball season that I'd already spent lots of money on, I was looking for a place less expensive than normal for me. This Sleep Inn was very inexpensive (I booked a while back and got a rate of--I think--$59 per night) but had decent online reviews, so I went into it with fingers crossed.

I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk was super friendly, room was big enough, a/c was cold enough (loud, but I kinda like it that way), bed was comfortable enough, third floor was quiet enough, and carpet was clean enough. I never had breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. Neighborhood is unattractive and suffers from very crowded roads, but going out early and coming in late I never noticed anything that made me feel unsafe.

As has been noted in other reviews, the bathrooms indeed are--to borrow someone else's phrasing--"just strange." Shower stall is like something out of a submarine.

Nothing at all fancy about this place. Do not expect anything more than a $70 per night hotel. But, as far as I'm concerned, it's a really decent $70 per night hotel. I would gladly go back if the rates were the same and I was trying to save a little dough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I would first like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!