“Great Place for the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Place for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Like a previous reviewer, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I am moving to the area and was in town to take care of things with my new job. Since I was only there briefly and didn't want to spend a lot, I booked here. The room and the property were clean and the king room was very large. It looks recently renovated so the carpet, furniture, and decor all look new. Breakfast was good each day. I would not hesitate to book again. The hotel is adjacent to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater airport so it can get a little noisy, but honestly not enough to be a bother.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and that your stay was nothing less than excellent. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spent two nights here while in town for the Rays. Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on a room for sleeping only. The check-in was extremely fast and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was modern and had the look of a more expensive hotel than a Sleep Inn - was very pleasantly surprised.

The shower was a little small but the water pressure was good and I find that more important.

Airport noise was next to nothing - not a factor.
For the price it can't be beat.

Wanted to have dinner at Bascom's Chop House after the game but it was too late. We stopped at the Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel property. STAY AWAY - worst food ever.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you again so much and we look forward to serving you again very soon.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times and really enjoy it.

The location is ideal, the rooms have all been updated and are very nice. I actually love the decor and the beds are awsome. I read some of the reviews about the showers and can't comment because I always ask for roll in shower which is great for older people (which we are not) LOL

The people at the front desk are very efficient and pleasant. The breakfast girl makes sure everything is filled up as soon as it becomes empty.

We have stayed here at least ten times and have never been disappointed and we will be going back July 8th and 9th.

We love eating at Bascom's Chop House which is within walking distance although we drive.

It is for sure a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 this time but may ask for the room across the hall which would face the pool. We d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I spent four nights here recently while attending a college baseball tournament. Because I needed a room for four nights near the end of a baseball season that I'd already spent lots of money on, I was looking for a place less expensive than normal for me. This Sleep Inn was very inexpensive (I booked a while back and got a rate of--I think--$59 per night) but had decent online reviews, so I went into it with fingers crossed.

I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk was super friendly, room was big enough, a/c was cold enough (loud, but I kinda like it that way), bed was comfortable enough, third floor was quiet enough, and carpet was clean enough. I never had breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. Neighborhood is unattractive and suffers from very crowded roads, but going out early and coming in late I never noticed anything that made me feel unsafe.

As has been noted in other reviews, the bathrooms indeed are--to borrow someone else's phrasing--"just strange." Shower stall is like something out of a submarine.

Nothing at all fancy about this place. Do not expect anything more than a $70 per night hotel. But, as far as I'm concerned, it's a really decent $70 per night hotel. I would gladly go back if the rates were the same and I was trying to save a little dough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I would first like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night before heading to the beach for vacation. That is the only part that made it tolerable. The lobby smells like cigarette smoke but thankfully our room did not. The room was quiet but despite recent updates, it needed help. The shower was a rounded fiberglass insert that was just strange. The room had recently been painted but there were roller marks on the ceiling in the wall color. The door to the bathroom had been touched up on the outside in a different color paint than the rest of the door and the inside had paint scratched off of most of it.
The breakfast didn't have much to offer by 9 am so we went to Cracker Barrel next door.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel and would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than excellent. I would like you to know that your comments and concerns have been along to staff and management and appropriate actions has been taking. We hope to serve you again in the near future and sorry for any inconveniences that you might have had. Thanks again
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed one night at the Sleep Inn, April 29, 2014 for an early flight the next morning. The best and closest to PIE. Rooms are clean and staff was friendly. We mentioned breakfast and were told it doesn't start until 6am, our flight was at 6am. But when we checked out at 5am there was fresh fruit in the breakfast area.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again.
Oneida, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My flight from PIE came in late so I booked this hotel which is only 2 miles from the airport for convenience and cost. It was only $92 a night so wasn't expecting anything fancy for an airport hotel but I had hoped it would feel a little cleaner than it did. It has a very worn look and I didn't want to look too closely around the room even though it appeared clean. On a positive note, my room was spacious and the bathroom was handicap accessible. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but fine for a night. Also, for being close to the airport, I didn't hear any planes. The breakfast was included in the price and the room they served in was very small and crowded but food was fine. This hotel is definitely in need of renovations. Even new carpet would make a big difference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that your stay with us was anything less than excellent. We take pride here in making sure that every guest is satisfied. Again I would like to apologize and hopr that you will stay with with us again in the near future. Thanks again.

Bhupi Patel
Sleep Inn Clearwater
727-573-5049

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!