“Nice place for overnight.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Knoxville, Iowa
“Nice place for overnight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Sleep Inn Clearwater has everything you need for a good nights rest. It is right by the airport (PIE). The rooms are clean and neat and the full breakfast is a nice start to the day. It also has a nice outdoor pool if you need to relax a bit. If you want a clean room and the basics with a good breakfast, this hotel is all you need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and found it in good condition. Some renovations were going on but it did not interfere with our stay. The breakfast was good and filing. We attended a Rays game at night and found easy access to the highway. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after checking out of another motel because it was disgusting. (Travelodge in Clearwater).

This was a very clean budget hotel. They are still doing renovations but that did not bother me. I suspect my room had not yet been renovated but it was still fine. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
hernando fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am so angry with this hotel. I have been staying with choice hotels for the last month and have never had anyone tell me I owe 10 extra dollars because I was in an uprgraded room. This hotel is redoing all of it's rooms so they try to shove you onto the floor that they are working on and then saying to stay on another floor it would cost 10 more dollars because those rooms were already done. There is nowhere on the site that tells you they are reconstructing the rooms and that they were charging diffrent prices. I am so disgusted with this. I did this through another site so it was already paid for and you can not get your money back. Do not get caught in this scam'

Room Tip: none they will just charge more for a normal room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

i booked 2 nights recently they are currently under renovations but it was very peacefull they have a hot tub it was ok i would have liked it to be a little warmer they have a pool well it was not so good the pool filter was not working my 2 days there I did inform the front desk say said thank you but did nothing before i checked out the room was clean and nice in the bathroom the whower was a lil small no tub that is a draw back to me i prefer a tub with shower

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Staying here for 4 nights. Checked in and went to our room. It was lovely. Looked brand new. Started to get into our suitcase and began to look for a luggage rack. Unable to locate one, hubby went down to front desk to get one. Was told they did not have them...What? There was one drawer in the room and I dont put my clothes in hotel drawers anyway. So only choice was to lift luggage to top of tall dresser. When we got back late the first night we noticed there was no safety latch at the top of the door. To make matters worse the deadbolt did match up with the door facing so would not work. The peephole is so high I cant stand on my tiptoes and see out. (I am 5'6"). I have been given a key to a room that was occupied so I know it can happen. We are on the third floor, which has been renovated. No we didnt go back and ask about the safety latch. But after the luggage rack we assumed they would tell us they didnt have them either. The third night it was storming when we got to the hotel and the front parking lot was full. We investigated and found there was a rear door. Hubby got out in pouring rain and tried several time to open door with room key. Thinking it may be his key because he had problems with it on previous days, I got out in the pouring rain and my key wont work either.....We got back in the car and went back to the front entrance and I asked at the front desk about the rear entrances and the clerk replied Oh, the room card readers dont work. Have not had the breakfast but it seems to be the normal and area is very well kept. As I began, the hotel itself is beautiful, the room is spacious and lovely, the bed is wonderful. If I was rating the hotel by the appearance of the lobby, breakfast, and room amenities I would definitely rate it a 5. But if I am killed in the middle of the night, none of that matters much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Been staying in this hotel on and off for several weeks and thought I would voice my opinion. In this price range this is the cleanest and best appointed of the limited service hotels I have used while in the Clearwater area. The place is absolutely clean, VERY quiet for an airport property and the staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is decent, same stuff as most of the other hotels in this price range, but always well stocked and fresh, never looking picked over. I travel on business and the wifi generally works very well. Have had some issues, but I called the front desk and it was back up almost immediately. Its convenient to Carillon (office park) and there are decent restaurants close by. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room, they have been renovated!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!