“on the top of my list, next time I am in town” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Wilkinson, Indiana
“on the top of my list, next time I am in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I was very pleased with the size of the rooms, with teens in tow it was very important. and of course having WiFi made their day. the breakfast was ok considering the room available to offer it. we found it somewat easier to carry things to the room than try to eat in the lobby.
I must say that this was by far the quietist place I had been in, great for sleeping.
location is not bad. you can easily get to the beaches and to Bush Gardens in Tampa.
Looking forward to the next trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
It's nice to hear that you had a great stay and your kids had a good time. We recently made some significant upgrades to our WIFI and it's nice to see feedback about the improvements we are making.

Our location is great; especially if you have plans to visit the beaches and Tampa/Orlando.

On behalf of the TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Thank you so much for staying with us.

Christine Sieber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
SouthEast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed here for business for just over 3 weeks. Originally I was only supposed to be here for 5 days - and then last minute I had to extend. When I left in the morning, I had no idea that I would not be back to check out - but instead would need to extend. Well, instead of having to hassle with moving rooms and negotiating my rate - when I returned to the hotel, they had new keys waiting for me, and long term care package in my room. I didn't have to move rooms or anything! And the best part - my room was CLEAN! Just like every other part of my stay, it was like they predicted what I needed and had it ready before I could even ask! A lot of hotels would have packed up my stuff and checked me out - but not this staff - they just made sure I was comfortable. What great service - and such a pleasant staff. I WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to Clearwater in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in early April to attend my Mother's 90th birthday party. We had several rooms and our enitre family just loved the hotel. The hotel staff was the best I have experienced. We brought our Mother to the hotel and the lady at the front desk sang Happy Birthday to her.

The staff was so well informed about the area and the great things to see and do. All of our rooms were very clean and the kitchen was an added bonus. Although breakfast was modest, it was just enough and we really enjoyed it. They even allowed us to have breakfast by the pool. The hotel has a village like setting.

The location was perfect as we had activiities planned in both Clearwater and Tampa. The hotel is so convenient to all the major hightways and getting around was so simple.

We really liked the large area map on the wall and the directions cards av ailable at the front desk. Our stay was delightful and I loved all the smiling faces of the staff. Thank your for making our trip so special.

• Stayed April 2010
Thank you for letting our hotel share in the memories of your Mom's 90th birthday! What an occasion to celebrate! We are looking forward to her 91st birthday ~ we'll be ready to celebrate.

Tampa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Few times have I actually taken the time to write a review for a hotel stay, but that is because few places offer the kind of service we received. The location was in a quiet and quaint part of town, yet easily accessible to the surrounding area. The rooms were spacious, and exceptionally clean. The grounds were meticulously clean and inviting. It was good to actually check in to a room that smelled fresh and clean and experience a very compfortable night's rest. Most memorable wre the price and the service. We had one small issue with the location of the room and the management could not have been more helpful. She even called to make sure everything was satisfactory and treated us like VIP's. That is a service I do not often encounter anymore. The convenience of the printed map showing nearby shopping areas and restaurants was an added plus. We will stay there again if we are in the area. Thank you for raising the bar on hotel stays.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
We loved your review of our hotel!!! Thank you so much for the many kind words and sharing your experience with other travelers.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, we certainly hope that you stay with us again.

Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

If the Marriott reservation line says to you, as it did to us, that this Townplace Suites in St. Petersburg is the only Marriott in town with a vacancy, then do yourself a favor and go to the next town. As we unfortunately learned, there are many reasons why this is the only Marriott in Pinellas County with vacancies during peak Florida travel season.

If you are on corporate business travel and you would like your corporate credit card charged for days and days after you checked out, then by all means, stay at this hotel. We made reservations and checked in and out on the reserved days. In fact, we stopped by the front desk to ensure that a printed invoice would be placed under our door on the morning of checkout, as we had a very early flight and needed the receipt for corporate travel reimbursement. It was delivered as promised and we flew back home. No problem, right? WRONG!

FIVE DAYS after we checked out we received an e-mail from this hotel's manager asking if everything was O.K., because the maid noticed that we had not been sleeping in the bed. Whaaaaaat??? In our early morning rush to the airport we left behind some important valuables like paper towels, empty shampoo bottles and some cereal boxes. The manager of this property, Christine Sieber, took this to mean that we had decided to extend our stay without notifying the hotel, and she took it upon herself to charge the corporate card accordingly. No notice to us the next day, mind you, when their reservation system indicated that we had left...FIVE days worth of charges later. The fact that the room contained no clothes, no suitcases, no laptops, no customers, no additional reservations made and certainly no authorization to charge the card for an open-ended stay did not dissuade her. When confronted with these issues she became belligerent, defensive, argumentative and completely justified in her decision to continue charging the card, even though they had already checked us out and given us a receipt! E-mails to her asking for resolution were ignored and unanswered.

We learned from Marriott corporate that this hotel is just a cheap independent franchise with the Marriott name plastered on it, and let me assure you, it is evident. Never before in our lives have we experienced anything like this hotel, it is beyond appalling. It is absolutely unbelievable that this hotel and its management and staff are in any way affiliated with Marriott. Besides the billing issues, I can't decide if the worst part was the multi-stained grout in the kitchenette, the rusted toaster, the spotty and slow-as-molasses "high speed" internet service, or the fact that the hotel is located about a half mile from the Pinellas County adult and juvenile prison complex and had a side door that was completely unlocked and accessible by simply pulling on it. Wow.

Even if your business needs are close to this hotel, as ours were, go to Tampa, go anywhere else, it is not worth it. This is the most poorly managed hotel property we've ever encountered.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
The TownePlace Suites by Marriott is an extended stay hotel; specializing in long term stays. Due to the profile of our typical guest, it is not uncommon for guest to extend their stays without notifying the hotel. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies to this customer for the confusion with their actual departure date.

Due to the numerous and valuable items that was left in their suite upon their departure, it was assumed that their travel plans had changed and they would be staying longer than expected. After a few days of no communication, I sent an e-mail to the guests inquiring as to their well being. It was at that time we were informed that they did indeed check out and the personally belongings, regardless of the value, should be discarded or donated to a local charity.

We take a great deal of pride in our hotel and the service we provide. We would like to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused our valued guest.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

For a Marriott brand, this hotel is a disappointment. Front desk staff was very friendly but management has a no care attitude. We booked at one rate and upon checking in raTE had been changed to higher rate. Bait & Switch. Stay away from this property as there are several very nice hotels located in a close proximity. There is another Marriott property right next to this one which is much better. Breakfast is a joke. Breakfast food is located in very small lobby/front desk area. Not enough tables or chairs. Hard to maneuver. Not a good breakfast set-up and definitely not enough food to accommodate all guests. Poor management! Hard to believe they are a Marriott property!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment about the issues you had with your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites. Please contact the hotel and I will personally review your stay and ensure that all charges are correct. If not, please understand that I will issue an immediate credit back to your method of payment used.

It is our goal to offer accurate billing and will certainly make good on rates published. Thank you again for taking the time to bring this billing issue to my attention.

Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We were traveling with 3 small children and stayed in a two bedroom suite. The suite was perfect and allowed us to prepare meals in our room, which also saved us money. If we had not found such a great deal on this hotel, we would have had to cancel our vacation plans. We loved our stay and employees of the hotel were super nice. We hope to visit next year and certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater? Share your experiences!